HiveExt(0): [Error] Error executing |CHILD:103:22929414:<null>:2:|

Ullsokken

Question

with 1.0.2.5 this error should not happen anymore:

HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:103:36538886:any:2:|

Other than that we need more information to address this issue.

1. What beta build are you running?

2. How many vehicles/objects are in the world?

3. RPT errors?

Which beta build do you recomend vbawol? One thing I do seem to be noticing since the update to 1.0.2.5 is more red desync icons appearing (server running same database with the same scripts running and the same max vehicles as before). Not had the black screen issue yet but only updated last night and the servet hasnt been so busy yet.

with 1.0.2.5 this error should not happen anymore:

HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:103:36538886:any:2:|

Other than that we need more information to address this issue.

1. What beta build are you running?

2. How many vehicles/objects are in the world?

3. RPT errors?

1. patch 103718

2- 412 vehicles / 899 objects (bases and stuff)

3. Only the one mentioned previously in this thread. (Error executing Child:103 , and this one:

18:24:59 NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #217709682, users.card=13
18:24:59 NetServer: users.get failed when sending to 217709682
18:24:59 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 217709682 (Hampelmann)
18:24:59 "DISCONNECT: Hampelmann (115471494) Object: B 1-1-I:1 (Hampelmann) REMOTE, _characterID: 5688"

"NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel "

is likely due to network issues or improper settings in your basic.cfg can you post your basic.cfg?

No optimization whatsoever lol

language="German";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=93750;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=7;
serverLatitude=51;
serverLongitudeAuto=7;
serverLatitudeAuto=51;

Same here, i think he devs need to take a deeper look into this and not just suggesting to use vanilla epoch files with no mods, because it doesn't help at all.

You might need to read up a bit more to learn how to manage a server better with custom content. These issues are not the devs fault. I run a very heavily modified epoch server, and a vanilla one and both run fine.

The problem comes from either custom content, or something bad in your database.

For example, screw with 1 primary key, and nobody on your server can log in until you reset your character_data table. Don't use those crappy 60$ "anti-hacks" created by former hackers, who just want you cash. They arent always 100% compatible with epoch, and you have to wait until they update them so they work with latest epoch versions. As for custom content, you need to learn a bit, as we all did, through trial and error for what works with this crazy arma2 engine. Ive never seen coding like this before, and it used to be what I studied and worked on for years as my first career long ago. When it comes to arma2, so many unexpected behaviors with the code, especially when you add many addons that were not made to be compatible with each other and to play nice with epoch.

So i am 95% confident that you error is from bad data in your DB, improper server settings, or custom scripts that affect the log on process.

Try vanilla files and a clean character DB, if that doesnt work, then its a server setting issue. If it does run, then slowly add custom content 1 part at a time to see where the issue happens. Once all custom content is in,and there is no issue, then it was probably a database problem.

Just try trouble shooting it the same way you would any problem, by analyzing it and working on 1 solution at a time. Hope you get your server up and running!

Use this basic.cfg

language="English";
MinBandwidth=2097152;
MaxBandwidth=2073741824;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

Use this basic.cfg

language="English";
MinBandwidth=2097152;
MaxBandwidth=2073741824;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

I'll give it a try, thanks.

@Armifier, tbh im not the best admin when it comes to scripting. But i can assure you, that i did add one script after another before we went public. Everything was working flawlessly.

Use this basic.cfg

language="English";
MinBandwidth=2097152;
MaxBandwidth=2073741824;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.03;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

thx mgt... work like a charm :)

Which beta build do you recomend vbawol? One thing I do seem to be noticing since the update to 1.0.2.5 is more red desync icons appearing (server running same database with the same scripts running and the same max vehicles as before). Not had the black screen issue yet but only updated last night and the servet hasnt been so busy yet.

Still getting this with almost vanilla epoch. Going to uninstall xampp and maybe install things separately with more up to date versions (MySQL in particular). Running short on what else to do. I did notice MGT was having similar black screen issues too.

FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!, it had to do with a cleanup script we wrote.  We goofed up and basically what was happening was this, Woodwall has 0 fuel=delete, so yeah.  It deleted 1868 entries upon server starting which goofed everything, we literally had to  delete everything in the database table by table, until we found the table that was causing this.   Until we deleted them all and nothing was different.  We wiped everything then, I mean a completely fresh server and it was still happening.  So then we proceeded to check all our .dll's.   Nope, still happening.   Eventually found it by replacing the script.....Luckily we run a another server on our box for development and testing, and it pretty much identical to our live server which really helped solve this.  So point in case, check to see if you changed anything with your cleanup script for vehicles.  After investigating this more, you have to be careful what exactly you tell it do. Replaced all tables and we are good to go,like it never happened....minus the 2 hours it took to figure it out. Our console showed that epoch assets where getting split into two groups via our cleanup script, that's basically how we found it.

BMRF runs 3 vanilla epoch servers that regularly get 40-45 players and no reports of any issues like this. 

If your server is customized there maybe many possible causes, can you run 100% vanilla epoch for a while to see if you still have the issues? Also, how often do you restart the server? How many objects are spawning and are you performing cleanup?

That isn't entirely true. Hatter has linked me some of the hiveext errors from epoch 2.

(They may however be unrelated. )

The issue seemed to have resolved itself once I changed the following form the SQL Event back to the default.

DROP EVENT IF EXISTS removeDamagedVehicles;
CREATE EVENT removeDamagedVehicles
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 5 MINUTES
    COMMENT 'Removes damaged vehicles'
    DO
      DELETE FROM `object_data` WHERE Damage = 1;
;

Back to the Default of:

DROP EVENT IF EXISTS removeDamagedVehicles;
CREATE EVENT removeDamagedVehicles
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Removes damaged vehicles'
    DO
      DELETE FROM `object_data` WHERE Damage = 1;
;

----------

I'm assuming that if a building piece was destroyed, the system would freak out and start giving errors in the SQL code.

(All assumptions though after reading the post about the damage = 1 cleanup one person did)

or........ It might be that I turned the dogs to false instead of true.  :blink:

Who knows, this may have been the fix or it may not have and it was just coincidence. The world will never know....rack another one up to "thats Arma". For now, it seems fixed but I will surely keep you all updated if it happens again.

Yeah i have gone through litterally everything and have tried every fix, and nothing seems to work:

here is a list of everything i have done:

DB clean up:

Remove all login altering scripts:

Disabled AH:

Started Fresh:

The AH seems to have been the issue before latest update and now it continues to do it every so often and i get the trademark error in the log!