Vehicle Packs

I found a few interesting vehicle packs that I thought might be nice to have in Epoch, though totally at the team's discretion.

American Law Enforcement: Would give a nice US alternative to the current style of police Interceptor already in.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12197

Sigma Vehicle Pack: Purely to provide a bit more variety to the current vehicles available.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10857

Go-Kart: Seems interesting enough, and given that we already have the Gyro copters which have a been a constant source of hilarity on our server, this would be nice.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12994

Not sure about the American Law Enforcement or the Go Carts due to the realism factor.

Some of the Sigma pack however could be considered imports and would love to drive around the Chernarus coast in with Mustang at sunset.

+1

Is there a chance of a possible speed boost for vehicles nothing overly drastic, just some lovin.. Flat stick on the grass should yield more than 20km in a sadan.. 

I have even had a bicycle go past me at speed once..

While I do agree about detracting from the realism factor, the Gyrocopters already do a damn good job of that.  Near impossible maneuverability, slamming in to a tree results in a smoking (yet still fully operational) vehicle, and if they do blow up they look exactly the same as they did previously.

Plus, you know, I've heard that a big thing overseas in the last couple of decades has been to buy blue light bars and make American looking police cars.  Not for official use, mind you, but for fun.  This may be entirely invalid as I have no source other than a friend from England and another from Germany.

If you have some flare with the 3D editor you can create your own race tracks around your favorite streets and add them in or remove them if needed...  :D

http://i.imgur.com/qEBhjyb.jpg

Simply use the map editor adding in barriers, and some Markers like these above.

Save the mission and then add to a new .sqf like this guide: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12-custom-buildings/?p=1403 to your mission files.

Add to your init.sqf as many as you make and you can use // to turn them on or off when you want them activated.  B)

[] ExecVM "racetrack1.sqf";
//[] ExecVM "racetrack2.sqf";
//[] ExecVM "racetrack3.sqf";

Races for Keys or Gold anyone? .. need something to entertain the rich during the Epoch.  B)

Enough with the "that's not realistic" crap. Your playing a zombie video game. I think every thing should be included and let the admins choose what they want to spawn in and what not to. The limitations are getting old and running custom mods on top of another mod of a mod prove that people want variety. The most successful DayZ mods are the ones that have variety. So stop making decisions and just add everything that works well that the public wants. If you don't want the extras on your server then don't use them, it's simple.

Well this is my Plan Mr Mattman.. 

Some of the extras or suggestions the Mod Team deserve the right not to add as it doesn't feel right just yet or not at all.

However I want to add as much as I can without the need of a new client file download and in m own opinion does not break too much of this mod that I am enjoying so dearly. 

"Although I do like Racetracks and Events that I can add/remove on queue as well .. sorta broken."

More info found in my Mod Thread here: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/280-help-custom-pack/

This will expand over time to add more features that once again I feel should be employed or at least tested.

From there server owners can simply download my pack and manipulate some quick code to turn on new extras and add anything from there on in they like for their servers.

Instruction on how to do so and some support will be given in my final post and I will try and do my best to update it not to conflict with any features that come that the mod team delivers over time.

Cheers,

Bungle

While I share the frustration with the "that's not realistic" view, I also believe that the devs deserve to develop their product as they see fit.  At the same time, I have the ability to make the customizations that I want.  Of course, I won't add vehicle packs because, if I remember correctly, I'd have to publish a new client file.  That's not something I want my players to have to deal with.

Now, if the devs say that they won't add something for any reason, and it doesn't require me to modify the client files, I'll put it in.  If it does require that extra bit, forget it.  I love Epoch, I just want to tweak and play around, not alter it fundamentally.

Enough with the "that's not realistic" crap. Your playing a zombie video game. I think every thing should be included and let the admins choose what they want to spawn in and what not to. The limitations are getting old and running custom mods on top of another mod of a mod prove that people want variety. The most successful DayZ mods are the ones that have variety. So stop making decisions and just add everything that works well that the public wants. If you don't want the extras on your server then don't use them, it's simple.

I agree with the spirit of this comment.  The ability to diversify ones server based on the playerbase requests will maintain the most popularity.

I see Epoch as a timeframe with some great fundamentals like the safe and the upcoming building options, using actual trees for wood, etc. that are strong ideas.  But I do think the more options an Admin has the more likely people will stick with and support not just the server but Epoch as a whole.

Maybe a somewhat modular build where some features can be set to true or not.

Those Skins inspire me almost to make a "New" Mod..hmm...

DayZ Aftermath - Inspired by "Dayz, Wasteland & Ace"

Whilst battles lasted out for years against the hoards of whats now known as zombies on the survace ... there seemed to be no cure.
Many nations deployed their own "cure" via tactical nuclear strikes in what seemed to be densly affected areas hoping to thin the infection.

All this did was create more of them...

What was left of mankind went underground to continue to try and find a way to cure infection. 
Each thought they could find their own way.. and split apart with their own ambitious goals of taking back the surfice.

They lived on for 20 Years trying to find ways to return developing new weapons and vehicles to travese and land and remove whats left of the threat.

The only cure to infection, the extermination of whats left of the Zeds and appositing factions.

Each will find their answer to ... Who caused the DayZ...

Features:

Slower weathered zombies in heigher numbers - MmmYum Pack Base
Creaping/hoping only fast zombies
3 Factions/Teams a Independent Locals - Skins: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18238
80 Player Servers - 20 Per Squad Max
Each Squad has 1 of 3 "Bases" Chosen for them at Random on Each Map to Defend/Upgrade
Solo Squad Spawn at points at random can still building/upgrade and work togeather
No Loot in buildings only in vehicles. (Wasteland Inspired)
Faction Based Pre-Apoc Stockpiled and New Future Tech Weapons per Faction
Player Skills and abilities depending on Classes i.e Medic, Support, Heavy, Leaders
Faction Enhanced Vehicles and Mechs

So much cool stuff on Armaholic!

All seems possible in Arma II just need a really nice Team.  :D

Thoughts?

• 3 years later...