multiple people in cars

rbell2473

Question

17 answers to this question

So is there no fix for this? Do you know why this isnt an issue in DayZ, but is in Epoch?

It's been an issue in every mod I have played. Then again cars that multiples of us get into tend to be a bit more rare in Vanilla DayZ.  "Guys I found a car and got it fixed up. Now we can all go loot X. Yeah, I am just logging in now... hey... where is my car?"

It's been an issue in every mod I have played. Then again cars that multiples of us get into tend to be a bit more rare in Vanilla DayZ.  "Guys I found a car and got it fixed up. Now we can all go loot X. Yeah, I am just logging in now... hey... where is my car?"

I've played origins, breaking point and Dayz vanilla mainly and this is the first time I've had to deal with this. It's an annoying game we have to play every time we want to go somewhere together. I'm surprised this issue doesn't get more attention.

I think this might have to do with sarge ai. I am currently testing, but we have figured out that if we draw aggro from AI on our server, we become immune to domes. The messages dont even pop up for us. But if we switch clothes, or re-log, then it goes away. We will check this with the car as well, but i think that if a player with aggro gets in the car(maybe the drivers seat?) then no one else can get in unless they have aggro as well.

I think this might have to do with sarge ai. I am currently testing, but we have figured out that if we draw aggro from AI on our server, we become immune to domes. The messages dont even pop up for us. But if we switch clothes, or re-log, then it goes away. We will check this with the car as well, but i think that if a player with aggro gets in the car(maybe the drivers seat?) then no one else can get in unless they have aggro as well.

That'd be nice if it was just a mod on Epoch. I'm pretty sure we have logged in at base, alone, and had car issues though. Don't let that stop you from checking though because I'm not entirely sure.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

This is quite often a problem with the 'rating' of people.  In DayZ everyone is on the same 'side' according to Arma.  When you 'friendly fire' people, your rating is reduced (I think humanity might be the 'rating').  When you get to a low enough rating, you often cannot get in the same vehicles as other people on the same 'side' because you're now considered an enemy to that 'side'.

I know this is an issue in other game modes like domination or insurgency when someone has committed friendly fire, others cannot get in the vehicle after him.  Try making everyone get out and getting in one at a time until the next person can't get in.  When you've determined the person with the low rating, you can make sure he gets in last.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

This is quite often a problem with the 'rating' of people.  In DayZ everyone is on the same 'side' according to Arma.  When you 'friendly fire' people, your rating is reduced (I think humanity might be the 'rating').  When you get to a low enough rating, you often cannot get in the same vehicles as other people on the same 'side' because you're now considered an enemy to that 'side'.

I know this is an issue in other game modes like domination or insurgency when someone has committed friendly fire, others cannot get in the vehicle after him.  Try making everyone get out and getting in one at a time until the next person can't get in.  When you've determined the person with the low rating, you can make sure he gets in last.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Especially with Chi's problems. He thinks aggro from sarge ai is causing it. Sarge ai is set to east side by default and if what you are saying is true, then you wouldnt be able to get in if you attack a certain group in sarge ai mod. 

Happened in Breaking Point constantly, no Sarge AI and everyone in the group had Hero Skins so it was unlikely it was related to "sides".

Something would happen where one person in as pilot or gunner would prevent one other person or someone else from entering. Sometimes we could simply change the order we got in other times we would log out and back in and it would be fixed.

Has to do with AI, and killing

You will note the player who is screwing up the vehicle is marked as a "red" player - not a green name tagged player.

If one player in the group is the red tagged player, then he simply needs to be the last player into the vehicle.

There have been several times where its just two of us and it doesnt matter the order, we cant be in the same vehicle. Is that because we are both red?

I believe it is highly likely this issue is related to humanity levels. Four guys in my group, three are bandits with < -5000 humanity, the last is a friendly with > 2500. If the one guy with friendly humanity gets in first, the rest of us are unable to hop in. We solved it by that one friendly always getting in last.

Saying this I have heard of other situations where groups who are all bandits but have bigger discrepancies in their humanity (so for example one is -5500 and another -50k), are unable to get in. In this case the only option is to sync up and ALL hop in different seats at the same time.

Perhaps if humanity wasn't so prohibitive (and it was easier to gain humanity) these issues could be more easily rectified. My memory is sketchy but I could have sworn in earlier versions of DayZ you gained humanity for giving player's lifts in your car/plane etc. From a purely narrative point of view I do like the idea that humanity plays a role in restricting your interactions in game. Of course if you do tag friendly with a serious bandit shouldn't you be considered hostile too?

Side note: does the load-in option work for knocked out players in Epoch? Has anyone tried knocking someone out who couldn't get in, to see if they can be forced into a seat that way?

I am still looking for a fix/answer to this problem.  There is a lot of supposition but nothing concrete here.  Does anyone have a "real" solution?  This started happening to me when I added this AI Mission script: http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/

So far what I know DOES NOT WORK is the following:

- Humanity Levels I set all my crew to -10,000 and it did not work

- Change Clothes

- Having everyone log out and back in...doesn't work.

Perhaps a coincidence is this happens when we go to an AI mission..get out of the heli...complete the mission...then all of us try to get back in....no luck.  Sometimes only one of us can...some times two...but rarely can we all get in normally without the stupid 1,2,3 count.  PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!