DayZ Epoch database help!

Evention

Question

Hello

I am currently installed a DayZ Epoch server, and when i connect to the server i get a issue with mySQL saying "Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database". I have tried typing localhost in hive config, tried 127.0.0.1, typed my server IP and even made a database for epoch using XAMPP which what you have to do anyway to setup epoch server and still nothing. I think its something to do with the hive i'm not to sure and need some help ASAP.

Cheers.  :)

10 answers to this question

As MGT is eluding to, the SQL database program has to actually be running, not just simply installed. I am not familiar with XAMPP as I use MySQL on our dedicated server, but you will want to ensure that the program is running or that the service for it is running. You can take a look at your Windows Services by searching for "service" in the Start Menu.

Yes i use XAMPP to run the MySQL service, But i just tried again by running MySQL throughout XAMPP and i get a error saying "Hive error connecting to services" when trying to join my epoch server. I have checked the windows services and i cant see a service name mysql i can see other mysql services running but its not the one i'm looking for.

This is frustrating me now that i cant find the problem.

:angry:

I run dayzcc and Xamp. You need to stop all sql services. Then start your Xamp and hit start on your sql. 
Loading another sql ontop of another sql will create errors. Learned this on youtube while setting up a dayzcc server.

if need be. also shut down any apache

Hello

I have just closed services, saying anything to do with SQL and still nothing and their is no Apache service running. May i ask in the epoch server setup it says "Open HiveExt.ini and change your mysql connection information." Can someone guide me or tell me what to edit because i don't understand this.

(Note) - When i run MySQl throughout XAMPP and connect to my server i get a error in the HiveExt log saying this.

2013-10-07 18:12:28 HiveExt: [information] HiveExt f20dbd5b6625

2013-10-07 18:12:28 Database: [Error] Error 1045 (Access denied for user 'dayz'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) in connect

Cheers.  :)

Until you can figure out how get the the SQL database running and are able to connect to it via NaviCat/HeidiSQL, I would not bother with attempting to have DayZ connect to the DB as it takes more time to start up a DayZ Epoch server and check the logs than it does to start one of those programs and see the error "unable to connect."

Skittles wrote a guide on how to set up XAMPP, maybe that will help you. http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2257-dayz-epoch-v1023-and-xampp-server-set-up/?hl=xampp

why use crappy lite programs when you can get XAMPP that has PHPmyadmin built in?

Can you connect to the SQL database using something like Navicat or HeidiSQL using the user name and password you have placed in your Hive.ini? If not, your SQL setup needs to be reviewed.