Upcoming Update 0.2 // [New] Base building objects get deleted after 7 days. (Painting walls extends this for 7 more days.)

Tbone

Hey,

i read the following Patchnote for the upcoming patch 0.2 and now im a little bit confused.

-[New] Base building objects get deleted after 7 days. (Painting walls extends this for 7 more days.)

I mean, Base Building is a very difficult and especially the most time consuming part of Epoch.

I cant believe that the will deleted every building object when a object reached the expiration of 7 days.

Are there any exceptions, like building parts within range of a frequenzy Jammer will be not deleted ?

If anybody got a little bit more informations about this, it would be really nice if you share it with us.

BB

Tbone

[Changed] Increased Building material spawns on trash piles.
[Changed] Increased chances for Tools to spawn on Tool Rack.
[New] Base building objects get deleted after 7 days. (Painting walls extends this for 7 more days.)

14 days of total protection.. increase in tools and loot .. I fail to see how this is bad ?

Pretty sure the jammer is not in that categori

Hey,

i read the following Patchnote for the upcoming patch 0.2 and now im a little bit confused.

-[New] Base building objects get deleted after 7 days. (Painting walls extends this for 7 more days.)

I mean, Base Building is a very difficult and especially the most time consuming part of Epoch.

I cant believe that the will deleted every building object when a object reached the expiration of 7 days.

Are there any exceptions, like building parts within range of a frequenzy Jammer will be not deleted ?

If anybody got a little bit more informations about this, it would be really nice if you share it with us.

BB

Tbone

It's the same in arma 2, in arma 2 you have to pay maintenance depending on the size of your base, at least here you only have to find some paint every other week ;-)

If this mechanic works like in Arma2 Epoch, painting might replace the old maintain function?

eg. once you paint something, it keeps extending the next maintenance date by 7 (but never exceeding 7).

(Huge speculation incoming)

Example:

Muppo builds a wooden wall and paints it green immediately. This does not make it expire in 14 days, still only 7.

Six days later Muppo paints it pink, this sets the days back to 7. (Max is always 7).

I think/hope they mean building objects that are left around, not placed in a construction.

Not the base itself.

Or it's just a temporary solution during alpha, so that building objects slots get cleared every week and we can keep testing building.

Later it will probably be possible to maintain through the jammer.

Painting is nice, but you can't paint stuff like stairs or floor/roof, so not everything can be extended.

I read this the same as Mr. G.  They just want a lot of people building a lot of bases.  Then those bases are all deleted and they have to build again.

It makes people log in and continuously search for loot.  No building a base and having it until the next wipe.

I think it's a great way to test base building.

I was hoping that a manipulation on the jammer every week would allow the base to stay for another week.

Now I see a problem where I would build on fundation which, to my understanding, cannot be painted and would disappear, along with my floor,  after 7 days and leave my wall hanging in the air (because I painted them). I'd have a hard time placing a new floor underneath the existing walls.

i think this s just to help with the "world limit reached" issue, i sort of like the idea as only the most active people will have their bases on the forum rather than a load of bases from people who are on and off the server.  Only my opinion tho :P

I hope there are no half arsed painters out there who miss a wall out when doing a job lol.

if say I "forget" to paint a section will it show signs of degredation , if 6 days have passed since last paint job would it look damaged?.

will we get notification or simply have to pick a day were maintenance is priority?

I do like the sounds of this feature but scares me as I am rather forgetfull , if I miss a section out will that section be gone and ruin the entire base or will I be able to craft another section to replace it easily?.

Problems like:

- how much Paint Can i need to paint a simple cube 1x1?

- as said before, foundation is included into this system? and Jammer?

- this system have some sort of counter/timer to know how long is the structer mainteined ?

And:

-  any news about Building mode 1 (that implies the facilitated construciton snap ecc) will be fixed?

Have you never tried to put a wall and this turn randomly +180° or -180° killing you or destroyng some vehicle?

bb

And:

-  any news about Building mode 1 (that implies the facilitated construciton snap ecc) will be fixed?

Have you never tried to put a wall and this turn randomly +180° or -180° killing you or destroyng some vehicle?

bb

So many times lolz, were a group of 6 so our stuff is saved by others therefore not too much of a problem but can be annoying.

Anyone available to check the launcher atm?  Is 0.3 version still the lastest one?  Im on tender hooks

And:

Avoid the problem by putting it up high and pressing Q, it's the wall orientating so the outside is facing the right way if you upgrade etc

Avoid the problem by putting it up high and pressing Q, it's the wall orientating so the outside is facing the right way if you upgrade etc

Actually we are using wall as "door" putting/removing it when necessary, but sometimes  (mmh, often :) ) happens anyway.

We put it in the way you described, and it turn in faceback,  usually happens when is snapping on the floor buggin on other walls or in the vehicle....

yesterday night my friend loose 2 vehicle into the garage and half of the garage...Funny thing(now i can't post the picture :) )..

Anyway die over 50% by a bug can annoy.

On a side note, I think they are doing this to combat the build limit. 

I would recommend that they only delete objects that havent been "moved by a player with the countdown wheel" in 7 days. That way random objects that were just thrown down get deleted but peoples actual bases dont. 

Although I did hear that the building supplies in the loot tables were increased.