Static Bandit Base Position

demarotu

Question

So I had an idea to create some sort of bandit raid area, where you would need a large group of people to take down a giant bandit base.

My only problem is, through my searches of AI scripts and missions scripts, I cannot seem to find one that offers the option of spawning a bandit group, in a position, selected by the server admin, preferably when a person gets within say, 2500 metres of said area. Does anyone know if a mod like this exists, from what ive read about Sarge_AI, Wicked_ai, and DZAI, the most found scripts while searching, none of them offer what I seem to want.

If anyone has any information, or just something to point me in the right direction, please let me know.

I am running a DAY Z EPOCH NAPF Server.

Appreciate it.

12 answers to this question

Try WAI with custom spawns. If you open WAI\customSpawns.sqf and at the bottom of that file you can have a heli spawn and paradrop a number of units at a location when a player get within x range of the area.

Paradropped unit custom spawn Eg.

[[911.21545,4532.7612,2.6292224],  //Position that units will be dropped by
[0,0,0],                           //Starting position of the heli
400,                               //Radius from drop position a player has to be to spawn chopper
"UH1H_DZ",                         //Classname of chopper (Make sure it has 2 gunner seats!)
5,                                 //Number of units to be para dropped
1,                                 //Skill level 0-1 or skill array number if using custom skills "Random" for random Skill array.
"Random",                          //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set.
4,                                 //Number of magazines
"",                                //Backpack "" for random or classname here.
"Bandit2_DZ",                      //Skin "" for random or classname here.
"Random",                          //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set.
True                               //True: Heli will stay at position and fight. False: Heli will leave if not under fire. 
] spawn heli_para;

If you configure it correct you could have several helis spawn and paradrop bandit groups in a position you select when a player gets within 2500m of said area.

Seems this is very close to what you want. Note: if you don't want the missions WAI provides you can easily disable them and only use WAI for this one task.

If you have any other questions or need help setting this up let me know. I will gladly help you configure this to what you want.

I appreciate it, its been a very long time since i attempted any scripting work, picking it up again has been a pretty tasking event haha. I will download and put in effect WAI and attempt what you have said, I will let you know ASAP if it works. 

Thanks again!