aalec25

Hello all,

As everybody knows, it takes a long time to harvest some wood. So maybe it will be great if chainsaws are added to this mod.

The chainsaw could :

- harvest a tree faster as with hatchet

- make lot of noises

- use as weapon

- maybe help to create lumber faster

I think it could be normal to find some in Dayz. It will not perturb the game, and make crafting much faster.

What do you think about?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Alex

This sounds really neat,Ii would think there might need to be some more of a neggitive effect. Maybe if you use a chainsaw you dont get as much wood from the tree as you would a hatchet/axe.

This biggest problem with this is it would need a new animation( if you wished to use it as a melee weapon) & sound effects, though the hachet one might be fine for now. Also it would need a model. I worked on some code for this, but its imcomplete since it doesnt have a model or animation.

*update*

I think for now you can just use it as at tool bet item, then when you get a a good model,animation, sound then add it as a weapon.

Edited by idblackdragoon

Just joined this forum to give some thoughts on improving the game, and this was one of them!

Excellent idea I hope the devs take on, cutting trees is a real ball ache if you have an ambitious base build!.

I think it should be an item for the tool belt like the axe, but obviously you would need to run it like a generator, I.e place chainsaw onto ground have fuel, load fuel, start, Pickup, use then Stop.

Cheers

• 1 month later...