Have you found a Sledgehammer yet?

Astromine

If you've been lucky enough to find a sledgehammer, have you found a use for it yet?

Can it be used to break down a wood wall? How about cement? If so how many hits, approximately, does it take?

I've been searching the forums and the net and I haven't found a straight answer on this topic yet.

I've heard that it can be used to mine ore around Epicenters? If so, is anything else needed to collect the ore I should know?

Can it be used to take down a frequency jammer?

.....Or, is it just a giant paperweight at this stage in the fight? :huh:

There's gotta be someone out there with some real insight on the sledge hammer, right? 

-Astro

I have found two sledgehammers. I believe in the future they will be used to mine rocks. I have not got to trying to hit people or buildable objects yet. In Arma 2 Epoch, the sledge hammers could take down a cinder block wall in about 2000 hits, so maybe something similar will be in Arma 3 Epoch eventually. 

First thoughts would be mining.. If I recall correctly next patch talked about mining veins so hold on to your sledges.

Other mods used similar tools to build parts that were required in the construction of building parts so you never know at this stage how many uses it will have other than smashing someone over the head or smashing a minning rock.

The Axe was a good alternate to the sledge in Arma2 as well so if you don't have a sledge when they put in mining veins.. try your axe if you have one to break it.  Although the other tool needed has yet to be input  (crowbar).  The crowbar has no mention as of yet that I've noticed.