Will there be a new map for this epoch.

Nick Collins

You can already use the original maps with the All In ArmA Terrain pack

New maps will come but i don't think BIS have released the tools required yet, there is currently under development, it looks awesome and very creepy, perfect for Epoch A3

So you already can play epoch on arma 3 on any of the arma 2 maps? atleast if someone is going to host it.

So you already can play epoch on arma 3 on any of the arma 2 maps? atleast if someone is going to host it.

At the minute no, whilst under development it's Stratis and Altis only.

The beauty of Epoch though means it will run on any map :) once publically released then there will be new and old maps to use.

Imagine if there was a tool that could scan in USGS topo maps and generate Arma 3 map terrain from that.

South Florida Keys, Carolina swamps and sandhills, Appalachia - just a few of the awesome maps that could be created then.

Hell, if there were a way to properly handle skyscapers and massive amounts of buildings one could even clone the 5 boroughs of New York City and re-enact Escape from New York.

Now go make it happen, Bob Plissken.

• 2 weeks later...

Reffers can i have a look at your map?

U should know that "making" a map is a huge amount of work and i mean really huge... you say custom buildings. i would like to invite you to create epoch specific buildings with matches the theme of an epoch island. there u go... put it down here and let another guy make the terrain and another who is placing all the stuff u need like rocks trees buildings roads.

simply...if u never have created an island please dont say something like "..is a damn shame" try it on your own with a custom 2,5x2,5 km terrain then we can talk

Chaser

Well he does have a point with the Arma II assets put in Arma III which most of them look like they don't have any bump mapping on their textures. If you take a look at the Arma II trees in Arma III they look really bad and if you got a huge forest well it's one huge ugly forest.

The problem I see right now for the mappers is they are stuck with a limited amount of statics which are suitable for a certain type of environment that's why they pick Arma II building to fill the gap. Hopefully the next map Bohemia release has more static buildings and a forest environment providing more types of overgrowth.