Fortifying bases

minq

Hey guys, I have a few questions for you builders out there.
I recently started building and made a base, and before I finished we got raided when we were offline and they blew up our garage door and destroyed some of our cars and what not. I was planning on putting a wall around the base before this happened (We made our base a red barn building) but now we basically are open and need to get more supplies to repair and improve.
I wanted to know if you could satchel charge a stone wall/stone garage door? I want to make the base out of stone so this doesn't happen again but if its the same as wood then I feel like there is no point, then It just depends on design.
And if you can't blow up stone walls, what are the methods you guys found for finding stone the fastest.
I was also wondering if you can crash a car into a garage door/wall and knock it down. I noticed you need to maintain walls and floors but I was wondering if you could destroy them by driving a car into them or if it just hurts them and they break overtime.

Thanks for your time.

Takes 2 satchel charges to break a stone and metal doorway, but anything behind it will die on first attempt. Wood doors die to mg fire as well as conk stuff as the .50 cal weapons and .40mil-he trucks spawn on most servers.

You need a safe to have prebuilt parts in to recover from an attack. Then roll with the doors and locked garages and be sure to place cars in the middle of the base with junk cars in the doorways. A cheap car thats died to a satchel blast behind the doorway will still keep cars and players from getting inside, place them sideways to the big door and use a sidedoor with a locking door for emergency ,secondary exits.

Make sure all vehicals inside lock !  The small doors can be breached with heavy weapons so you dont need your door blockers unlocked, and all keys stay in safes !

arma2oa2013-09-1418-40-07-14_zps2bac93ec

arma2oa2013-09-2921-24-02-77_zpsf5e37700

You can use a plotpole to make life tougher and arrange vehicles inside to help with doors but a guy with a cessena can nuke the sight in 1 crash so be prepared to rebuild.

If you look around beroizino/cherno and think high places you can find plenty of stash locations for a tent to get parts assembled before your ready to commit to a base. You dont need a vehical when all the loot spawns close and if you die looting your still on the coast.

good luck !  and have fun