shooting traders

lokibean

You are able to kill traders on official servers and they do have a chance of spawning a UAV once you've killed them, if the UAV then spots you (you'll hear a noise like an old school dial-up modem) three AI will spawn which when killed have goodies in their inventory. Also, I am pretty sure that if the trader you killed had any vehicles in their inventory the vehicles will respawn. I'm not sure if they respawn immediately or if after the next restart or two. Hope this helps.

You are able to kill traders on official servers and they do have a chance of spawning a UAV once you've killed them, if the UAV then spots you (you'll hear a noise like an old school dial-up modem) three AI will spawn which when killed have goodies in their inventory. Also, I am pretty sure that if the trader you killed had any vehicles in their inventory the vehicles will respawn. I'm not sure if they respawn immediately or if after the next restart or two. Hope this helps.

As soon as a vehicle is sold, it opens up another spot for a vehicle to spawn on server restart. So the traders does not have to be killed. 

As soon as a vehicle is sold, it opens up another spot for a vehicle to spawn on server restart. So the traders does not have to be killed. 

So, are you saying that once the server restarts the trader will lose the vehicle and it will respawn?

Or, does the trader still have the vehicle for sale and the vehicle respawns also?  

I really hope the latter is not the case.

Killing traders have nothing to do with vehicles respawning. As far as i know vehicles at traders does not eat vehicle slot from server.

and yes, if im not mistaken, once you sell a vehicle to trader it opens a slot and in next restart vehicle spawns in.

As it is now there is no  point to keep or try to keep a vehicle.. Just go sell it and log out at the trader and when you log in buy it or another vehicle back because of the lack of ability to keep anything safe.

If you do that and the trader is killed your vehicle is gone, except for trader cities I guess.

The black dot traders not in a spawn are traders that were killed before the last reset.  After the reset they come back as black and are empty.

Seems to be realistic...

Is the last trader the brother of the killed one? Come back for revenge?

I sincerely hope that it becomes so by the next patch...

_I hate killer of traders_ :)

I don't see any rules regarding killing traders bananaman , while it may be frowned upon (by some) I'd like to hear what the server admins views are before making any such comments on the consequences. The only rule I can see related to traders are no camping the spawn traders , at least that's how it is on zombies.nu. if the intention of the devs was not to kill traders then wouldn't they make them invincible?. why even spawn in AI once they are killed? if you are correct then this wouldn't make any sense.

has anyone suggested timed trading spots.

So it would be more like BR supply drops. Risky but a calculated and more strategic risk. If anyone want to run around chasing random temp trade spawns, you deserve my loot!

And if you're fortunate, you're looted, and a trader spawns in your area. Unfortunate if you're 'almost' there and he leaves. Thems be the breaks?