Players! Your feedback required!

YarwoodUK

If i recall right , using Accel time will cause a "Spike" when performed, Could cause problems when the player is doing something delicate at that time,

Altho i must add Epoch requires night time imo.

Time acceleration in Arma 3 is smooth and linear with no jerking. In Arma 2 it is jerky because it skips time instead of speeding it up.

Personally, I prefer the dawn and dusk modes. Complete darkness gets abit boring if you don't have NVGs. Although, my arma 2 dayz epoch servers run on ~gmt+3 with a 24h day/night cycle which seems to work fine. Sun goes down at around 11pm and goes up at around 8-9am. 

Hope you put restarts so they are as close to/at Primetime as possible so there are fights over vehicle´s rather then one or two group get´s to fly around, sell all the vehicle´s and kill the trader in peace. This is also a reason to why I would like 3h restarts.

Now you have to get in a 19.45-20.00 at the restart to have a chance for a vehicle. Feels like it´s setup for those that are in school or home and let out on those that work.

I do like a day/night cycle , adds immersion and a flow of time rather than an abrupt bang heres nighttime/daylight... if I could make one suggestion is that night time is fine until you enter a vehicle then suddenly it gets much darker , soon as you jump out the vehicle its back to normal.

a slightly accelerated time would be fine if you can balance the speed with the light changes , it kills the immersion for me when the light sources change like a switch was turned off. if this could be tweaked so it was a steady progression istead of instant I think it would be much better.

I do like a day/night cycle , adds immersion and a flow of time rather than an abrupt bang heres nighttime/daylight... if I could make one suggestion is that night time is fine until you enter a vehicle then suddenly it gets much darker , soon as you jump out the vehicle its back to normal.

a slightly accelerated time would be fine if you can balance the speed with the light changes , it kills the immersion for me when the light sources change like a switch was turned off. if this could be tweaked so it was a steady progression istead of instant I think it would be much better.

Arma 3 handles this differently to Arma 2.

In Arma 2 you had to skip time to accelerate it.

So when it changes from day > night you get the lightswitch effect and the over-brightness effect on your screen.

In Arma 3 we speed up time to accelerate it.

When the time is accelerate this way the transitions are smooth, as all we're doing is making the time speed up and not skipping to a different time of day like in Arma 2.

Of course with everything there's a fine line before the immersion breaks, and this is why we're getting this figured out now, so everyone's Day/Night experience is smooth and in keeping with the gameplay :D