Players! Your feedback required!

YarwoodUK

Which of the following would you prefer to play?

1 - 24/7 Day.

2 -  split (i.e. 16 Hour Day - 8 Hour Night)

3 - If the server restarts every 4 hours - would you like 3 hours of daytime, 1 hours of night-time per restart?

Your feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

I prefer 2 servers hived together on a 24hr cycle seperated by 12 hrs. This way if it is 8am on server 1 it will be 8pm on server 2. I just think accelerated time can cause lighting and weather to change in an instant.

There was a similar thing on Dayz Origins servers where the lighting would change dramatically a couple times a day, instead of gradually and it overexposed the screen for a second (like taking off nvgs) and it was annoying. I would be interested to see how smooth the day/night transitions are on a accelerated time server. 

How aboot

Start  Midday -> Evening - Restart - > Night -> Morning -> Restart.  

best of all worlds.

yeah that would be great, unfortunately i think currently they can only set the server to start at say 15:00 end then restart 18:00 unless they do it manually every time.

We can accelerate the game time to make time pass quicker :)

Example:

Server on 4 hour restart with an Acceleration factor of 4  (4 hours for every actual hour of gameplay)

Start Game Time = 0600

1st Hour Game Time = 1000

2nd Hour Game Time = 1400

3rd Hour Game Time = 1800

4th Hour Game Time = 2200  -  Restart

There are other settings that effect daylight / moonlight in Arma which we're also tweaking.

This is why we are asking the players opinion on Day/Night cycles.

I think I can speak for all the Official Hosters when I say we're tweaking for the correct balance of Day/Night  -  Night time plays a big part in Epoch

:)

yeah that would be great, unfortunately i think currently they can only set the server to start at say 15:00 end then restart 18:00 unless they do it manually every time.

You are most likely correct,  But hey you never know right ^^

We can accelerate the game time to make time pass quicker :)

Example:

Server on 4 hour restart with an Acceleration factor of 4  (4 hours for every actual hour of gameplay)

Start Game Time = 0600

1st Hour Game Time = 1000

2nd Hour Game Time = 1400

3rd Hour Game Time = 1800

4th Hour Game Time = 2200  -  Restart

There are other settings that effect daylight / moonlight in Arma which we're also tweaking.

This is why we are asking the players opinion on Day/Night cycles.

I think I can speak for all the Official Hosters when I say we're tweaking for the correct balance of Day/Night  -  Night time plays a big part in Epoch

:)

If i recall right , using Accel time will cause a "Spike" when performed, Could cause problems when the player is doing something delicate at that time,

Altho i must add Epoch requires night time imo.