Underground bases?

squirmyj

The most practical way would be like showed in the video above with a teleport to a new location sitting out of bounds or somewhere under a huge rock with mapping tools. That's pretty much how it worked in Arma 2 aswell.  

Otherwise it would involves that Bohemia interactive allows to glitch/hack through the heightmap and allow the construction of some type of building that is linked through the surface and underground. This would most likely be a very bad idea since I don't know how you could extend your base underground without falling to your death with either the watermap/layer or at the bottom of the sandbox.

Can anyone explain me why, on the Epoch homepage(http://epochmod.com/), we can read the following lines on

Features for Closed Alpha 0.1  ?

Environment

[...]

• Explore & Loot:
    • Wrecked ships
    • Abandoned vehicles and buildings
    • Caves and Underground bunkers (TBA)
    • Multipart reward based missions (TBA)

This is not mean that this implementation is on plan? The closed beta tester haven't saw it yet?

(i saw something like this on Arma2 Epoch mod ad 3:28)

Can anyone explain me why, on the Epoch homepage(http://epochmod.com/), we can read the following lines on

Features for Closed Alpha 0.1 ?

Environment

[...]

• Explore & Loot:
  • Wrecked ships
  • Abandoned vehicles and buildings
  • Caves and Underground bunkers (TBA)
  • Multipart reward based missions (TBA)

This is not mean that this implementation is on plan? The closed beta tester haven't saw it yet?

(i saw something like this on Arma2 Epoch mod check ad 3:28)

I'm guessing that will be like the bunker transition as shown in the video not like digging your own cave tunnel