Suddenly server down, can't connect to database....

DangerRuss

Question

So I have a ticket in with Vilayer for this, but I have no idea how soon they'll get back to me and in the mean time my server is down....so here goes...

I hadn't made any significant changes (I think I made a new map marker in the mission PBO). The server restarted around 2 AM as normal, but when I went to rejoin it was stuck on the black screen "waiting for host."  I checked my RPT and it had this

0:41:20 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1562585940): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Perplexed, I checked my hiveext.log and it had this

2014-10-15 00:39:35 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at 198.27.83.215: Can't connect to MySQL server on '198.27.83.215' (10061), retrying in 1 seconds

So I tried to connect to my database with Heidi SQL and received basically the same error as above.

SQL Error (2003) in statement #0: Can't connect to MySQL server on '198.27.83.215' (10060)

I copied my PBO's, tossed them on my test server, started the test server up and the test server runs fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

So I have a ticket in with Vilayer for this, but I have no idea how soon they'll get back to me and in the mean time my server is down....so here goes...

I hadn't made any significant changes (I think I made a new map marker in the mission PBO). The server restarted around 2 AM as normal, but when I went to rejoin it was stuck on the black screen "waiting for host."  I checked my RPT and it had this

0:41:20 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1562585940): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Perplexed, I checked my hiveext.log and it had this

2014-10-15 00:39:35 Database: [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at 198.27.83.215: Can't connect to MySQL server on '198.27.83.215' (10061), retrying in 1 seconds

So I tried to connect to my database with Heidi SQL and received basically the same error as above.

SQL Error (2003) in statement #0: Can't connect to MySQL server on '198.27.83.215' (10060)

I copied my PBO's, tossed them on my test server, started the test server up and the test server runs fine.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This has nothing with the PBOs - if you can't connect via heidiSQL then it's a problem with the SQL server, most likely. The best way to check is to look in your MySQL log and check to see what happens when the server starts up, to se what has changed.

Some questions:

• Your mysql server IP address seems to be non-localhost -- have you checked that host to see if the mysqld (linux) or "mysql" services are running?
    • Have you restarted them if they aren't? Or killed/restarted them if they are?
    • Have you logged onto the machine this is on using 127.0.0.1/localhost and see if this is working?
    • Have you attempted to log on to a control panel if one exists and check the MySQL logs?
  • If the localhost connection is working, then it means that you're having problems with connection on the local network. Your host may have changed some configurations that co-incided with this script being executed.
  • If you can show that there's nothing in the SQL logs, then open the mysql logs, and your RPT, and run the server until it errors. Then paste the output of the RPT and SQL server here so I can take a look at it :)