[Release] Advanced Trading 2.1 !UPDATED!

Zupa

Is it possible to show current trader stock in an itemised list, a la Arma 3 Epoch? Your UI reminds me of the A3E one and it'd be great to have a system similar to that, where upon having a natural economy, you can also see directly what is in stock, rather than categories, lists and having to click Buy on each item to see whether it is in stock. Guessing it's possibly an Arma 2 limitation also?

This might not be anything like what you're actually trying to achieve here, so ignore this if deemed unsuitable.

Is it possible to show current trader stock in an itemised list, a la Arma 3 Epoch? Your UI reminds me of the A3E one and it'd be great to have a system similar to that, where upon having a natural economy, you can also see directly what is in stock, rather than categories, lists and having to click Buy on each item to see whether it is in stock. Guessing it's possibly an Arma 2 limitation also?

This might not be anything like what you're actually trying to achieve here, so ignore this if deemed unsuitable.

Correct me if I'm wrong Zupa, but with Single Currency there is no inventory. Items are for sale, or they're not. Single Currency does not use the SQL database for looking up prices or inventory. It's all stored in the trader files.

Correct me if I'm wrong Zupa, but with Single Currency there is no inventory. Items are for sale, or they're not. Single Currency does not use the SQL database for looking up prices or inventory. It's all stored in the trader files.

Indeed, First version will def not support that.

Some updated screenshots

7xKeniR.jpg

PUoRqYz.jpg

Hey Zupa, you've been quiet for the last 2 days. No updates / releases. This thread made it back to the 2nd page. Bumping it back to the first.

Any updates?

Sorry m8es, i fell sick for the weekend so i wasn't able to work on it in the weekend

Sounds good Zupa, if you need anything just let us know! Good luck and thank you for your contributions. I just got door management running and it's awesome!

Just a thought for your advanced trading. Maybe you can implement something similar for interactions between players? Maybe something similar to World of Warcraft where both players can place an item in the trade menu and both click accept to make the trade happen? Not sure if that's possible but it's an idea!

Thanks again!

Zupa,

How's this going to work for traders that have a large inventory of items? Like my weapons trader on my Overpoch server has almost 200 ACR's alone. In total, I'd say that the weapons trader has close to 300-350 items in total.

When trying to buy, is it going to just ignore categories and give a giant list? That will be really frustrating for players to sort through when trying to find the item they want to buy. If this is the case, maybe a "search" field so players can type in a few characters and see any items that match that.

Eg: Type in "HK417" and it shows all HK417 guns that trader sells.

Zupa,

How's this going to work for traders that have a large inventory of items? Like my weapons trader on my Overpoch server has almost 200 ACR's alone. In total, I'd say that the weapons trader has close to 300-350 items in total.

When trying to buy, is it going to just ignore categories and give a giant list? That will be really frustrating for players to sort through when trying to find the item they want to buy. If this is the case, maybe a "search" field so players can type in a few characters and see any items that match that.

Eg: Type in "HK417" and it shows all HK417 guns that trader sells.

doable, but lets keep that for future versions of the script. 

My version of trade from vehicle only picks up every weapon in the vehicle and sells it , no mess,no fuss. If its there its gone and money in my pocket :) For me thats good enough!

This is also buying, and again, it's not to contest that script.

This is en extra full optional trade window.

Mass buying,seling from gear, vehicle, backpacks.

There have been some setbacks that slowed down the dev process, i'll try to bring an release ASAP.

Hi Zupa,

Good to see this is progressing nicely.

One thing I thought I would mention is a limitation with the Hiveext.dll. 

Scanning through the SQL in the hivesql code I noticed that the calls for buying or selling are hard coded for individual item updates to the trader inventories (i.e. buy 1x tin of beans and the code will make a call to the DB 1 time to deduct 1 from the traders inventory in the DB, buy 10x tin of beans and the code needs to make the call to the hive 10 times :wacko: ).  This is not so much of an issue when there is the animation cycle between single item purchases but if someone buys 10 cans of beans using the gui it may start firing 10 updates at the DB in quick succession.  This in itself should not be too much of an issue for a reasonible MySQL server install but may cause some issues later around server restarts or with lots of players buying and selling at the same time. 

Have a scan of the code here.  The function is fetchTraderObject at the bottom of the file which is part of the 398 call initiated from server_tradeObject.sqf

It would probably be pretty easy to update the hive code to change this to a variable rather than a hard coded number allowing each call to update stock levels in more than a single item increment (yep another custom hive version) unless you have already worked around this some other way.

I came across this when checking out the code for adding items to traders and how the hive gets the data.  Just thought you may like the heads up in case you were not aware (as I wasn't until I fell across it).