Hunters

Rockysteel

Its actually quite easy if you know where to shoot even at vanilla, a armored vehicle isn´t something a rookie with a .45 pistol should be able to take out but now with tires from a Pickup and 50% reduced Armor why even call it a armored truck? Does this reduction affect the weight of it so it´s a bit faster cause its really really slow which was the Vanilla way to nerf it?

I would rather see that you have to learn some skill then nerf stuff, the Vannad and Vodnik have had complaints for being to OP in BP to but thats only a couple of posts while the majority have no problem with them as they are and they are even harder in Breaking Point then Vanilla with reinforced windows and much tougher wheels. Instead of going here to complain about stuff being OP maybe take some time and watch some vids from gameplay so you learn stuffs weak points.

Why adapt gameplay for a few people with low morals running people over? I got ran over by a Box truck as a fresh spawn once and those are easier to maneuver which make them more suitable for running over freshies so maybe need to trim them down so they don´t accelerate as fast in low speeds and maybe make them less nibble.  

Heli´s will become a problem once more people with experience from Breaking Point and a little pilot skill come´s in. Lots of vids where they squash and make the Vannad blow up with just landing softly on it and then fly away.

the vannad should be a beast , its an armoured vehicle. there are already lots of weapons which will kill or disable it , a short burst of 6.5 to the tyres will nerf the thing to the point you can run rings around it. if anything I feel that it was already very weak in epoch and has been weakened to the point its better to have a turbo or pickup then the vannad.

make them harder to repair so to balance that with how powerful an asset it should be , finding one should be a game changer for any squad.

in breaking point the vannad was a tough S.O.B but could easily be destroyed if you know its weak points, even then there is no .50 or .408 in game which would easily pierce the armour is readily available in epoch. so for balance id say make the higher calibre weapons harder to find or buff the vanned to withstand at least some moderate fire (after all that is the purpose of an armoured vehicle).

The hunter is broken now! This is not the dayz standalone and i think nothing like a hunter is op with .408 or even the ap rounds ig. You can stop a hunter with a single apds round. You can kill the driver with a single .408. It is possible to break all 4 wheels with a 6.5 or 7,62 lmg mag in seconds. I want to play epoch and not another dayz.

Why adapt gameplay for a few people with low morals running people over? I got ran over by a Box truck as a fresh spawn once and those are easier to maneuver which make them more suitable for running over freshies so maybe need to trim them down so they don´t accelerate as fast in low speeds and maybe make them less nibble.  

It wouldn't be so bad if it just happened every once in a while.  It was getting to the point where, no matter what server you joined, within 15 minutes you had a high chance of having a Hunter come out of nowhere turning you into a pearly white pancake.  What's sad is most of the time there would be a group of people in the Hunter, fully equipped.  Quite pathetic.  If you want to have fully armored vehicles, then there should at least be some RPGs.

I think I might agree about making them less abundant and/or maybe less nimble/responsive(he said nibble huehue).

The hunter is broken now! This is not the dayz standalone and i think nothing like a hunter is op with .408 or even the ap rounds ig. You can stop a hunter with a single apds round. You can kill the driver with a single .408. It is possible to break all 4 wheels with a 6.5 or 7,62 lmg mag in seconds. I want to play epoch and not another dayz.

There are vehicles in DayZ Standalone now?  Wait, people still play that game? =3

APDS is really effective against the hunter, same with a zafir. Half a box can disable the hunter and its not like that is a rare gun to find nor is the ammo for it. Reducing the armor of the hunter is pointless in my opinion. Its ment to have high armor that is what it was designed for. So instead of reducing it why not remove the thing seeing everyone complains about it? reduced armor makes it pretty much the same as any other vehicle.

It wouldn't be so bad if it just happened every once in a while.  It was getting to the point where, no matter what server you joined, within 15 minutes you had a high chance of having a Hunter come out of nowhere turning you into a pearly white pancake.  What's sad is most of the time there would be a group of people in the Hunter, fully equipped.  Quite pathetic.  If you want to have fully armored vehicles, then there should at least be some RPGs.

I think I might agree about making them less abundant and/or maybe less nimble/responsive(he said nibble huehue).

There are vehicles in DayZ Standalone now?  Wait, people still play that game? =3

I said that the Vannad is already slow and the boxtruck is to nimble. Don´t qoute me wrong pal.

Me and a couple of friends have about 1k hours each in ARMA3 mods and we have maybe been driven over once or twice each. Stop exaggerating this does not happen on every server every day.

I said that the Vannad is already slow and the boxtruck is to nimble. Don´t qoute me wrong pal.

Me and a couple of friends have about 1k hours each in ARMA3 mods and we have maybe been driven over once or twice each. Stop exaggerating this does not happen on every server every day.

*too

*too

I think you need to stop crying and learn to shoot.

I've personally seen Whiskey destroy 2 Hunters with less than 1 mag of a Zafir. One of the Hunters was ours which was fully fixed prior to the gunfight.

I don't post much or post at all but seeing people like you cry about something so small is just plain newbish.. There's like 2 or 3 Hunters max in every server, what the hell do you need to balance? Its already balanced at having such a low number in-game.

There's a reason why there's only a few in-game and there's also a reason why they're armored. Its been nerf'd once and because of people like you who cry because you can't shoot, its been nerf'd again. Hopefully you can finally shoot it down now since its now decreased by 50%.

Please stop Q.Q'ing now 

"[Changed] Reduced Hunter armor levels by 50%."

If you still find a chance to complain about the Hunter after this patch note, I think you should go to Single Player.

/endrant

I think you need to stop crying and learn to shoot.

I don't post much or post at all but seeing people like you cry about something so small is just plain newbish.. There's like 2 or 3 Hunters max in every server, what the hell do you need to balance? Its already balanced at having such a low number in-game.

There's a reason why there's only a few in-game and there's also a reason why they're armored. Its been nerf'd once and because of people like you who cry because you can't shoot, its been nerf'd again. Hopefully you can finally shoot it down now since its now decreased by 50%.

Please stop Q.Q'ing now

Yeah, from my experience the tires can be shot up, though I haven't had any luck with anything under 7.62mm.  I've tried shooting drivers out with a 7.62mm and haven't had any luck.  This is while vehicles are sitting at a stand still, so I don't know what's going on.

Sure, you can shoot out the tires, but most of the time they're carrying a multi-gun and can repair it in half a second.

I'm not QQ'ing, I was responding to the OP with my opinion.  You and GasT are doing the same, only both of you are flaming anyone who even slightly opposed your points.  I even liked GasT's previous post, agreed with some of his points, and he continued to talk to me like I was a pos which is why I responded the way I did.

I kind of doubt this thread even really factored into their decision.  Obviously you guys feel rather strongly and that you're ultimately correct on the subject.  So, if you want to get across to someone, focus on the point of the matter and less on flaming others who might not fully agree with you or simply make a post.

My point was less of the Hunter being too strong.  I was recognizing that there was a problem with people running all around the servers running everyone over with them.  Or maybe it seemed like a problem since there were multiple people on the servers saying things about it.  People were sitting at traders with them waiting for people to show up to run them over, etc.  My experience trying to put them down or shoot the driver out was probably my error or desync.  But you can continue making fun of people on the internet over a game if you think that will get your message across to the devs.

I'm not QQ'ing, I was responding to the OP with my opinion.  You and GasT are doing the same, only both of you are flaming anyone who even slightly opposed your points.  I even liked GasT's previous post, agreed with some of his points, and he continued to talk to me like I was a pos which is why I responded the way I did.

I kind of doubt this thread even really factored into their decision.  Obviously you guys feel rather strongly and that you're ultimately correct on the subject.  So, if you want to get across to someone, focus on the point of the matter and less on flaming others who might not fully agree with you or simply make a post.

My point was less of the Hunter being too strong.  I was recognizing that there was a problem with people running all around the servers running everyone over with them.  Or maybe it seemed like a problem since there were multiple people on the servers saying things about it.  People were sitting at traders with them waiting for people to show up to run them over, etc.  My experience trying to put them down or shoot the driver out was probably my error or desync.  But you can continue making fun of people on the internet over a game if you think that will get your message across to the devs.

Where did I flame or make fun of anyone? Not knowing how or being able to stop a Armored vehicle in a Mod like this is a definition of rookie, I have been there myself. And I have been running around in the open to, still do from time to time but if I get shot or somehow killed doing it I know that it was my own fault.

ARMA3 is very unforgiving and harsh in these kind of mods and even after all these hours i still make rookie mistakes.

There is nothing wrong with being a rookie, why is that a evil way of making fun of people?

The change is already made but the discussion will continue after the update is released but this time from to parties, those that still wont be able to handle the armored vehicles and those that are used to a armored vehicle being armored. A 50% decrease in Armor then a 6.5 probably even goes thru the thing.  

I wasn't flaming you, please learn the difference between flaming someone and ranting. MY post wasn't fully directed to you but rather to the people who complained about the armor on the Hunter.

Are you happy now after the new patch or going to still say its too armored?