Hunters

Rockysteel

As it stands right now, hunters are op, if they can be shot up with 7.62s and 12.7mms and keep driving and running people over there is a issue. The hunter needs removed or we need rpgs. Need some sort of balance in this department. The same was going down in the breaking point mod, armor cars just running people over.

I've shot the tire of a hunter in epoch 5 times with a Lynx and it did nothing. Upon further testing I loaded editor and was able to take out the tire with 7 shots from a 9mm handgun...

Is there something epoch specific that are making hunters more durable?

Lol I actually propose adding in another armored amphibious vehicle to game. Not take the only current one we have out.

Doesn't need to be the vodnik like BP uses, but the unarmed version of the Marid would be cool.

Will likely come in handy more in other maps. Altis is mostly just one mass of land, so it wouldn't benefit much there.

The video above is from Epoch and happened during Saturday and got a wheel blown out yesterday by a handgun.

In wasteland I have shot people thru the windscreen of the Vodnik with a .45 handgun.

Breaking Points a different beast 20 7.62 rnds for popping a tire on Vodnik or Vannad.

Armored vehicles should be a bit OP they are way to soft in Epoch right now.

Not everyone are assholes that use them some use them as they are meant to be used, I drove past about 8 ppl last night only honking the horn at them.

They have a soft spot to that makes them go boom quite easy but that you should learn with experience and not be spoonfed. .

Would also like to see more armored vehicles.

You can launch yourself off hills and cliffs and survive, the vehicle takes very little damage. It is essentially a battering ram, when we ran Altis Life servers we had to make running people over against the server rules as it turned into a destruction derby.. was utterly pointless. We werent in the privileged position to be able to add our own variant as Altis Life was a mission download and not a mod.

I'd definitely vote to remove them, as said above the true counter is an RPG. Back when I tested it, it took 12 lynx shots to the tire. Though a 50cal will go through the windscreen, its not as easy when you put it to practise.

They are functioning similar to real life, youve got to remember that a hunter is an MRAP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP

Yeah, from my experience the tires can be shot up, though I haven't had any luck with anything under 7.62mm.  I've tried shooting drivers out with a 7.62mm and haven't had any luck.  This is while vehicles are sitting at a stand still, so I don't know what's going on.

Sure, you can shoot out the tires, but most of the time they're carrying a multi-gun and can repair it in half a second.

Well could be in the next build I really doubt it was nerfed in the current public one. Was able to destroy the tire with lynx and 2 guys were sitting inside not getting out. So got next to them and shot straight to their face and it would not even break the glass. Wasted 2 clips of lynx ammo then 2 full clips of mk200. Left them alone after that as there was nothing to do without explosive charges or mines.

Nerfing them would make them pointless to have altogether. If any bullet could take out a tire on ANY vehicle. Then vehicles would become more of a hinderance than a lucky find. Hunter tire gets shot out with a vermin (absurd concept I know) and with this hypothetical nerfed armor, you sit there slowed and vulnerable to an easy kill shot from any Bambie with a .45. Which is mostly the case with every other vehicle in the game. The hunter can and should be the one exception to this. And it's not like servers are overflowing with them or anything. If you get lucky or work with a team to get one, more power to ya I say. As it would be in IRL.

Taking them out would be a horribly impractical. Might as well take the bullets out of guns while we are at it. Since those with them are "op" in comparison to those who don't have them. This argument will always be from the underdog's perspective. But once you're the one privileged, these things aren't such a bad idea. Lol

This is a survival game before a pvp game. I think people forget that. It's not based around ensuring everyone is on equal footing when firefights do occur.

Yeah the tires are way way to easy to take out know.. It a armored vehicle for gods sake not a Ford Fiesta, even a newer BMW 116d with Run on Flats would take bullets to the tires without going to a halt this is ridiculous.

Edit: Did not save last night´s event when one or maybe two shots from a .45 or could even had been a 9mm pistol took out a tire.

Hunter tire gets shot out with a vermin (absurd concept I know) and with this hypothetical nerfed armor, you sit there slowed and vulnerable to an easy kill shot from any Bambie with a .45.

They already nerfed it some and it's still pretty hard to take down.  If I'm using 7.62mm I usually end up having to use the whole clip to put one tire out, and then they just get out and fix it with a multi-gun within a couple seconds, if that.

Here's the thing, the purpose of non-armed vehicles is for transport, not for running people over.  If it takes a whole clip of 7.62mm to put out one tire and they charge me with it, there's no way I'm getting out alive if I can't find a building to hide in.  And then, if there was a chance I could shoot out 1 tire that quickly, they'd fix it before I could do anything and they'd continue to kill me with it.  If you're not charging people down with them, I doubt you'd have many problems.  People drive around with them with NO FEAR because they're practically invincible.  Even if you're in a group on foot, either you're all going to die or you're not going anywhere soon.

Well, they are really op, I just remember them from Altis Life, mayhem. I still think its nice that they are in the game. Perhaps they could be nerfed through making the maintainance more "expensive". What about you need 20 repairgunshots for fixing one tire? Or something like that... Mraps also need a shitload of fuel in reality, perhaps make it use more fuel?

Well, they are really op, I just remember them from Altis Life, mayhem. I still think its nice that they are in the game. Perhaps they could be nerfed through making the maintainance more "expensive". What about you need 20 repairgunshots for fixing one tire? Or something like that... Mraps also need a shitload of fuel in reality, perhaps make it use more fuel?

Thats a better option then making them weaker, I wan´t to feel good when I find the Vannad and not feel oh I found a tired heavy vehicle lets go search for a Turbo. Bring it back to normal and make it high maintence.