Arma 3 Epoch Chernarus

ramme223

yeah, nice map for wasteland/epoch 100 players... "no one see anybody for years..." and "i am already searching for my friend 3 weeks"

i think if you find it that hard to find players your doing something wrong xD has about if not less slightly the amount of landmass altis has

No no stay away from Arma2 maps for Arma3, buildings unaccessable and tree's don't have any effect on vehicles are just a few of the problems with them.

And they are old and ugly. Think there are a few more interesting maps on the way instead of being repeating.

Only legitimate download I can find is for Chernarus as part of a 5.9gb Arma 2 map pack for Arma 3. Anyone got an alternative that's just Cherno and smaller?

There's a scaled down version of Chernarus called Bystrica, All in arma terrain pack is what you want, A3MP has issues, such as bullet penetration, water glitches and other big bugs.

You can also download a lite version but it's just scaled back textures so why bother ? It is possible to download just the core files and individual maps but you only save a few hundred MB

See this Link for all the juicy info and there's a BIS Thread

Check out my sig to see Takistand in all its ArmA 3 glory, lighting looks so cool.

Bystrica is a pile of shite, it was tried on Breaking point and released images of cool trains and all nice stuff, then when played all it was to me was a ugly looking map twisted and contorted into a section of chernarus, with vast ugly grass areas and shoddy looking buildings placed everywhere. ( apart from cherno and elctro that is )

waste of any admins time tbh.

Chernarus epoch confirmed. When server files are released to the public, the Legion will be hosting Epoch Chernarus.

I'm sure other communities will be hosting it as well.

It'll probably be some time before epoch devs release server files to the public though. Still, something to look forward too.

Chernarus epoch confirmed. When server files are released to the public, the Legion will be hosting Epoch Chernarus.

I'm sure other communities will be hosting it as well.

It'll probably be some time before epoch devs release server files to the public though. Still, something to look forward too.

When your server is up please post the server ip and details for dl :D

They are really going to have to try and make the file size smaller than it currently is for chernarus because it needs most of the arma 2 pbos currently for the buildings and textures. Hopefully they can compress it into a smaller download for everyone.

All In Arma Map Terrain Pack is a 6GB download, that gives you access to 15 maps, I don't think it's that big of a deal for the content you get :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i loved cherno so much but i think its in someways had its time.. dotn get me wrong i still enjoy playing it but i honestly think that when Harz is released that will replace it forsure!

you will have propper highways not like the "highways" on altis xD rivers flowing though the map nice big citys and well ill just show you the video :P

any feedback on if anyone else likes the look of it :)

Map looks nice but the only thing that will annoy players would be the fact we are going to have soo many more empty towns... there needs to be a script or something that does the same thing as loot spawns when players get close but instead of spawning loot it will spawn furniture in houses to make it and feel much nicer... every building is completely empty and its just stupid.. even if it was a table and chairs a bed and some draws would be nice and maybe a rug on the floor... it would improve the feel of the game so much. the map looks great its just a shame it will just add a 100 more towns that are all empty.

As for the cherno map... Its aged.. Time to learn the new maps... people only want the cherno map because they know there way around, best start learning all the new maps and leave cherno behind. I love cherno myself but now I believe its time for a change and the map above looks like it will take over :)