Banned on GTX01

SmokieMcPot

Things you must provide:

1. The server you were playing on. The only server i play on, GTX01

2. What arma3 build and what Epoch build you are using. Current (1.0.3 blah blah)

3. What it was you were doing: Hanging out in the SZ while tabbed out

4. Is it repeatable: I can try? but fear this going further.

I was playing on the GTX01 EpochMod server and about 15 mins after joining the server my antivirus popped up and said there was a threat to my pc, I scanned my pc and delt with the issue and when I tabbed back in it had said i was kicked for gamehack? I figured it was just an error from the scan so I tried to log back in and now im banned? I can assure you that i have never used nor had a hack installed on any PC Ive owned and it is highly frowned upon by myself and a lot of my fellow members, I stream regularly and have acquired a good amount of viewers with legit game play and now i cannot play on one of my favorite passworded servers for who knows why? Ive owned multiple dedi servers with ArmA2 Epoch/Overwatch servers (SmokiesStash) so believe me when i say i know how easily hacks are detected. if you could please help with this issue in any way it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
      SmokieMcPot

Edit: I had to make a new account to post this, i cannot seem to find the email and pass for the other one, formally known as SmokiesStash

in the antivirus logs it shows arma 3 high cpu usage then it set off the scan, i added it to the allow applications last night after the ban and have been playing on other official servers both locked and unlocked with no problem. this is the first ban ever in my 18+ years of gaming, and i loved me some Soldier Of Fortune back in the day. no vac bans or battleye bans on file ever except this one.

Those pesky AVs.  I only run Malwarebyte's now and I close it while I'm gaming, otherwise it tries blocking things and interferes with the game.  I don't think I've ever really had AV do anything positive for me in the past.  I'm usually just careful what I do, where I go, and worst case senario -- Windows reinstall.  But I don't have other people using my machine doing god-knows-what either.

Play by Play

Logged in, Was at middle spawn SZ trading.

Side window slides up kinda like steam does warning me about high cpu usage (didnt say what)

Tabbed out to check what it was and the AV scanned my files/network, came back with two trojans and arma eating my cpu

added arma to allowed applications list and thought all was well.

tabbed back in and it said i had been kicked.

restarted arma and tried to join again and it said i was banned

I believe one of the things Battleye looks for is programs that scans and modifies you RAM (which is what cheat engines does). When your antivirus was scanning it probably scanned your RAM and maybe modified it when it took care of the trojans. This made Battleye think you were trying to cheat so it banned you. I think you can have the antivirus running while playing the game, but just don't have it doing a scan while playing.

In about three or four more hours it will have been a full day since it happened and i have been playing for about 8hrs today on other official servers with no issues, auto scan has been turned off and ArmA 3 has been added to my list of allowed applications. just hoping something can be done so i can get back to my usual server with my team. thank you for anyone who takes the time to look at this.

Let me bring you some clarifications.

Your AV doesn't RPM (ReadProcessMemory) or WPM (WriteProcessMemory) which is filtered by BattlEye since it's considered as cheat (rightfully).

Your AV scans System Memory and BattlEye doesn't take it in consideration.

Your AV didn't get you banned.

Gamehack #38 means you are running a filtered program while you are in game. Not CheatEngine especially, but every memory reader/scanner/editor.

Since you're not global banned (BattlEye), or VAC banned, I don't think it's CheatEngine.

But you have to know that a Gamehack kick isn't a random kick. It's an automated kick so it can't be wrong. I'm not saying that you tried to cheat en purpose, but I'm saying that something filtered by BattlEye was running while you played.

Now, maybe Norton tried to scan arma3 process memory, I don't know, but you should delete your AV and be careful of what you download (I never had an AV, I never had an virus).

maybe adding arma 3 to the allowed processes in my av while it was running wasnt the smartest idea? but i will deff remove my av when i get home from work, this is the first pc ive ever run it on and im not liking the results (lowered performance, blocking shit i know is safe, and now this)

AntiVirus has been wipped clean of my Hdd and wont be coming back, Still have been playing on other official servers with it installed but i didnt want to take any chances even after it was added to my allowed apps. Hopefully an admin sees this soon and can help get me back with my team lol. Thanks for all the help and clarification guys.

Wait. Who let's their AV Run while they are gaming? 

Someone whos not very experienced with AV like myself, like i said before this is the first pc ive actually run it on

I always have a bunch of shit running whilst playing, been playing Arma 2 and 3 for over two years have never had any issues with "false" kicks or bans...

ive had arma 2 since release and my buddy bought me arma 3 not too long ago, but this is the first ban ive ever had in any game. ive been kicked many times for stupid reasons (butthurt players, high ping, vulgar language) but i dont do anything stupid enough to get me banned.

so Ive been searching around trying to find more info on this and see if it was server related or battleye related and it seems like a lot of servers have had false kicks and even server admins (Hostile Gaming) have told me they themselves have had a random #38 or #70 something pop up and kick them but never to this extent. i emailed battleye to verify it wasn't on their end and in the auto reply message i got back almost instantly it informed me

"Admin Bans (including BEC "GameHack #X" bans)
=============================================

Those are third-party bans and we cannot assist you in any way with them. Please
contact the server admin or community for help."

so that would lead me back to you guys, i can play on any other battleye enabled server including all of the official epoch servers except for GTX01 which also verifies that i wasnt banned by battleye. patiently waiting and appreciating input

| GameHack #38 | Any | Report + Kick | 0x51C918 | 16 | Speedhack 1 spee | 53 70 65 65 64 68 61 63 6b 20 31 20 73 70 65 65 |
So you had that exact Hex value in your memory on that exact location.... interesting....

EDIT: GameHack bans are issued/Detected by BE but left for server owners discretion. Meaning BE detected you had CheatEngine running in the background send a callback to the server you are on BEC took over and banned you. Simple as that.

FYI OP, if you have *any* cheat engine for whatever stupid SP game you think you need it, BE will ban you, since it detect patterns in your PC memory.

I have, after hosting for several years, NEVER had a false kick, because after asking further they ALWAYS had some stupid proggy in the background running so they could wallhack  Doom, Minecraft of w/e shit they played.

Learn to play games without hacks, you'll improve !!!

not going to keep repeating myself, never had nor will i ever have a hack installed on any pc, all software/applications/games i have on my pc are completely legit and paid for. im not going to throw away the hundreds upon hundreds of dollars i have paid for my games or my rig to let it get banned by using shitty hacks or any type of cheat.

| GameHack #38 | Any | Report + Kick | 0x51C918 | 16 | Speedhack 1 spee | 53 70 65 65 64 68 61 63 6b 20 31 20 73 70 65 65 |
So you had that exact Hex value in your memory on that exact location.... interesting....

EDIT: GameHack bans are issued/Detected by BE but left for server owners discretion. Meaning BE detected you had CheatEngine running in the background send a callback to the server you are on BEC took over and banned you. Simple as that.

your not from the server i was playing on so i doubt you have access to the logs and also im 100% sure the error message you posted was found on google or alike seeing how it doesn't have any information pertaining to me or my steam id. also any cheat detected by battleye is global, not just server sided so i would be banned on all battleye enabled servers not just GTX. so please keep your opinions to yourself and let this issue be delt with accordingly.

FYI OP, if you have *any* cheat engine for whatever stupid SP game you think you need it, BE will ban you, since it detect patterns in your PC memory.

I have, after hosting for several years, NEVER had a false kick, because after asking further they ALWAYS had some stupid proggy in the background running so they could wallhack  Doom, Minecraft of w/e shit they played.

Learn to play games without hacks, you'll improve !!!

the 100+ pc games i have installed have never had a hack tied to them or running in the background, the sketchiest thing on my computer is a copy of red neck rampage from back in the 90's. Also i have owned multiple servers (we had the #2 overwatch server in the world while it was still big, FrankieOnPCin1080 was a regular there and did a few features(not a fanboy dont worry lol just cool he was playing on my servers) and HAVE had random kicks due to battleye conflicting with in game items or not properly setup filters. in fact one of my admins had been banned for spectating someone on a battleye enabled server with an additional antihack running(all servers ive ever run have had battleye protection or punkbuster or similar anticheat engines) and i have the logs to prove he wasnt doing a thing other than clicking Spectate.

if your here to troll and just call me a hacker please move along, i am a legit player with a legit account and have never EVER hacked or been banned before.

so save your poor little fingers and go troll on someone who deserves it