Dilemma

rips

As the title suggests i have an in game dilemma.

My whole reason for loving the Arma series and all of its variations is its realistic aspect : Shot in the head = dead * unless your damn lucky *. Teaming up with other players = Survival % increased. More weapons-food-clothing etc etc = Survive longer. All in all survival of the fittest is wheres its at with this game, especially in multi player mode. 

Ok so heres my dilemma. Seeing that all of the above depends on investing quite alot of RL time, effort and in some cases money, i have a type of respect for my fellow players in as much that unless i am playing a specific PVP mission i will never just open fire on a fellow survivor just for the sake of it * im not even about to go into the whole moral aspect of the Killing fresh spawns issue for now *. so lastnight i had a sudden urge to find out how it would feel to be on the other side of the fence....... Arming myself with nothing more than a handgun and my trusty underwear i went full on basic bandit mode. Depending on nothing apart from the cover of darkness * hoorah for nighttime servers * and my slightly noisy when fired handgun i sat in a bush for what seemed like an eternity and watched a Helicopter patrol the coastline. Normally i would have just waited for the heli to attack the poor unfortunate people below then once it had landed and its crew taken anything of value from the bodies i would then head towards the bodies and take the scraps that was left over * one mans trash being anothers treasure *. But tonight there was a different twist to the plot, Rips was in Bandit mode. As the gunship slowly lowered itself towards the ground, its crew on standby for anyone kitted up with something that had the fire power to wipe it from the sky a figure emerged from a bush just infront of me. He was fully kitted up, huge gun a decent sized backpack and night vision atatched to his army helmet. The soldier scanned the area around him but forgot to look behind * big mistake * and started to jog towards the heli, while i clicked into 1st player view and ran as fast as i could towards him. For a split second i fought off the thought of going prone rolling into a bush and leaving the soldier to go about his business, but the rush of excitement at my new role as a bandit took over and bringing the little green sight level with the back of his head i took a shot * now might not be a good time to admit just how bad a shot i can be in Arma * the bullet made contact exactly where i had aimed for and he was dead before he hit the ground. Panic set in, what should i do now, if the gun ship lands then i will be toast. Luckily for me the pilot had no intentions of challenging my badass army of one and took off upwards and of out range. So i ran over and took EVERYTHING the dead soldier had on him and took off towards an abandoned building. Big gun - check, food- check, a hand gun and some other type of gun- check. Amongst the bag of goodies there was also a cache of building equipment so im guessing thats something worth having?

So my dilemma after this is : What now, do i use this exciting experience as my entrance into Bandit world or do i offer here in this post to the dead soldier the offer of getting back his equipment..................

Thoughts please guys.