Placing fuel pumps?

norsk22771

• 4 months later...

Hi, first and foremost, thank you for great job on Epoch mod.

I have two questions about fueling options in DayZ Epoch. 

1. I have found item "fuel pump". But when i want to place it in my base, it just says that i need fuel tank (or something like that) to place fuel pump. So, my question is - that other thing (tank, cistern or what it is) it is also possible to find? Or i have to use some that alredy is on map? Because (if second option is true) i really cant see any benefit from that item..

2. I have fuel Ural, and i read somewhere, that it can be used as fuel pump (with generator). But I can't find the right procedure for make it working.

Even if i place generator (filled from jerrycan and running) next to Ural, it writes mi in vehicle menu of Ural that needs energy. So it is necessary to connect generator somehow to Ural?

Thank you for answers, i hope that you will understand my terrible english :)

Greetings from Czech Republic, Swoop

PS: I play on server with Epoch ver. 1.0.4.2

Start the fuel trucks engine and then eject from it (not get out).

This will leave the engine running and power the truck

Thank you! I'll try it after work.

Do you have also some info about the item "fuel pump"? I think that it is some rare item, i play about 6 hours a day for two weeks and i found only two of them :D

Hi, first and foremost, thank you for great job on Epoch mod.

I have two questions about fueling options in DayZ Epoch. 

1. I have found item "fuel pump". But when i want to place it in my base, it just says that i need fuel tank (or something like that) to place fuel pump. So, my question is - that other thing (tank, cistern or what it is) it is also possible to find? Or i have to use some that alredy is on map? Because (if second option is true) i really cant see any benefit from that item..

2. I have fuel Ural, and i read somewhere, that it can be used as fuel pump (with generator). But I can't find the right procedure for make it working.

Even if i place generator (filled from jerrycan and running) next to Ural, it writes mi in vehicle menu of Ural that needs energy. So it is necessary to connect generator somehow to Ural?

Thank you for answers, i hope that you will understand my terrible english :)

Greetings from Czech Republic, Swoop

PS: I play on server with Epoch ver. 1.0.4.2

The fuel pump has to be placed within so many meters of one of the large fuel tanks where you can refuel jerry cans. (I think 3meters maybe?)

Then you need to use the generator to power it. When you do that, you can scroll on the fuel pump to fill nearby vehicles.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to script it so a trader could provide a vehicle refueling service from their trader menu ?.

I am thinking;

1. Player dirves car to designated area.
  2. Trigger fires and runs script to assess cars current fuel and how much would be needed to fully refuel.
  3. Player enters traders menu.
  4. Trader script works out cost of refueling (fuel needed 8 fuel price per unit).
  5. Trader menu displays price
  6. Player accepts & pays.
  7. Trader script enables fuel pump.
  8. Trader moves via waypoints to fuel pump and refuels car.
  9. Trader script disables fuel pump.
  10. Trader returns to original position.
  11. Player drives away.

Is there anything that currently does this and more importantly, is there any way to enable / disable the pump from player use to stop someone just driving up and filling up themselves ?.

RB