Any Arma 3 Epoch servers out there, that arn't total TDMs?

Rapid Fire

I was actually really looking forward to get into Epoch and the base building for arma 3.  But ever server i have found I either cant find a hatchet or hardly any loot, or its just a bunch of people running around killing each other before you even get a chance to get loot.  I was wondering if there are any servers out there yet that actually discourage this or even are on the role play aspect as of yet?

Pvp is high right now, but in the next patch you might start to see people a little distracted.

Best to find hatchets in high lootable areas and building materials in high areas with trash piles and such.

As for discouraging pvp, thats not what epoch is about. BUT there are servers out there that give you a chance to actually build and such. At Mells House, we are into testing and playing. Plus its nice to keep your enemies close so that you can just trade with them rather then killing them. Have that person find your stuff and you just do a quick trade to get it. There is still pvp, but KOS is low and more tactical play is needed.

I had a good experience last night where I was fairly killed by a player called Foxman, right up north of the map. I asked if he would revive me and he did on condition I dropped my gun. He took some of my gear and made off, which I thought was very sporting of him. 

Pvp is high right now, but in the next patch you might start to see people a little distracted.

Best to find hatchets in high lootable areas and building materials in high areas with trash piles and such.

As for discouraging pvp, thats not what epoch is about. BUT there are servers out there that give you a chance to actually build and such. At Mells House, we are into testing and playing. Plus its nice to keep your enemies close so that you can just trade with them rather then killing them. Have that person find your stuff and you just do a quick trade to get it. There is still pvp, but KOS is low and more tactical play is needed.

how do i get access to mells house? i used to play the gpd servers until hackergate

To try to get away from the PVP I would run way north from the spawn points before even trying to loot. Near the spawn points there is going to be high PVP. There are plenty of remote areas on the map that many people don't go to, but they still have good loot.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I've just set up an epoch server. Just yesterday. My steam id is scuicideking1, message me if you want on.

I guess you refer to the OP, and have a PVE server where he can play his style?

Then better PM him, instead of hijacking an existing thread and shamelessly advertising a server..

I've recently met a guy in game who I now play with. He loves both the rush of fightin, and the joys of building.

I think there's a lot of scope for PvE servers, particularly now we've learnt that AI can be programmed to be selective in whom they attack.

Also, I think a PvE server could utilise factions, by having a percentage of their slots open for bandits.

When Epoch wins the MANW competition, server pops should rise. Fingers crossed.