Stuck at Black Screen with Sounds

Red Green

So I have been scouring the internet and this forum for some time now for a solution to this problem. It seems to be, more common than it first appears.

I, like many sad souls, are having the issue of getting locked at the Dayz Epoch screen, while I can hear my character move when pressing keys. Can't shoot mind you, but can hear foot steps.

This problem seems random. I have a feeling it is due to some sort of mission file corruption. I am unsure.

I have reinstalled the game from the ground up, reinstalled the mods. Rebuild my server and correlating database twice now. 

My friend can connect at any time, but for some reason, I get stuck. I have found sometimes reinstalling the server files and restarting helps, but after a single log in and exiting of the program, it no longer works.

I was reading the Piggd (sorry if I misspelled that) had a working solution that required you to edit a specifc file. However, it never stipulates which PBO file contains this file that needs to be edited.

Any information or ideas would be greatly helpful on this topic, as I am about to take a baseball bat to my computer :p

was having the same issue. Found this on a different thread and it worked. Hope its helpful for you

piggd

Survivor

• photo-thumb-5873.jpg?_r=1405255314
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

If you make this change in your compiles it has worked as work aorudn for me for months now.

Find this line in your compiles.sqf

if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith { diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!"; }; if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
endLoadingScreen;
        diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
     };

This should hook you up.