Astromine

I was just on the south coast of Altis Island and I spotted a submarine about 200m out when I decided to take the plunge to retrieve it. The problem is as soon as I entered the water I started to lose oxygen. I tried a few more times with no luck and then I figured I would try to swim on my back and that did work for a while but then for some reason I started to lose oxygen again. I was able to make it back to the coast, thankfully, but no matter what I tried I would have ended up drowning in my slow paddle towards the submarine. Any ideas why I was unable to swim without losing oxygen even though my head was above water? Is it possible I weigh too much and I'm actually sinking? Any responses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Shadow Moses. This happened on the BMRF.ME server. I do recall it happening on another server before but I don't remember which one I was on so I don't think it's a desync or ping issue. I'll make a video later and upload it so you can see what I mean. It's odd that if I do a back float I can swim without losing oxygen but as soon as I flip over I start to drown. I wonder if anyone else had had an issue like this. On a side note, another thing I noticed a few days ago is if I have a friend in a sub with me the friend loses oxygen and needs to open the hatch and climb out, me as the driver I was fine as far as oxygen. What is the trick with the subs? Thanks again for your input.

I have drowned many times with my head above water where my friend next to me doesn't.. I play windowed mode, that's the only difference..

I have also succesfully swam, but way less times then just drowning when swimming.

Same here, when this first happened to me my friend was able to swim just fine and I would have drowned if I kept going.

These vanilla arma subs a concipated for a crew of divers. So for all pasengers scuba diving equipment is necessary, as far as I know from playing Arma 3 Tactical.

About the drowning, havent figured it out why it is happening. Probably just an Arma thing to happen, maybe invisible waves, dsyncs. In the end the engine probably just recognizes your head under the surface.

These vanilla arma subs a concipated for a crew of divers. So for all pasengers scuba diving equipment is necessary, as far as I know from playing Arma 3 Tactical.

About the drowning, havent figured it out why it is happening. Probably just an Arma thing to happen, maybe invisible waves, dsyncs. In the end the engine probably just recognizes your head under the surface.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is this happens all the time, no matter where I am on the map so I've ruled out a desync issue. I've had no issues swimming in other mods.

THE FIX TO THE PROBLEM

ok just skipped to the end someone else may have said this already...

this is a ARMA III bug nothing to do with epoch. all you have to do to remedy the problem is aim down with your mouse go underwater.. then surface again and your oxygen is fine

its just a problem with when you get in the water some players have it more than others

hope this helped some people having the problem!!

Todd

• 2 months later...