[Release] 1.0 Custom Skin Textures

Zupa

Hi Guys had this work but somehow just stopped it will change into the skin, But only on the odd occation but mainly won't work now. I get this error in my rpt:

Error in expression <inated",0];

if( !isNil "_adminated" &&  _adminated != 0)then{

_x setObjectTextur>

Error position: <_adminated != 0)then{

_x setObjectTextur>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _adminated

File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\init.sqf, line 156

any idea why it works only occasionally and how to fix the error

thanks

MegaZ

ps here is my file in the init:

-------------------------------------

//Admin skin (this line is 156)

{

_adminated = _x getVariable ["adminated",0];

if( !isNil "_adminated" &&  _adminated != 0)then{

_x setObjectTexture [0, "custom\admin.jpg"];

};

}forEach nearestObjects[player, ["CAManBase"],25000];

//admin skin

Bump any one know how to fix  I cant get it to run at all now, Not sure if the error above is causing it not to work?

Thanks

MegaZ

SORTED

I some how when reinstalling this added the command below not above admint2me =

now look for

admint2me =

{ and add ABOVE: ( change the image path to your image)

This works great!  Thanks Zupa and everyone who contributed to this.  Meanwhile, I've been searching through the PBOs to see if I can find the images of the female Survivor outfit so I can Photoshop it for female admins.  Anyone have an ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanting to do this on my server but I'm stuck at the infiStar section. Which file and where is it located do I add those lines? The only file I have that is associated with infiStar is an AHconfig.sqf file. 

I take it you have purchased it through your sever provider and not through Chris- the developer?

If you have you will need to ask them to alter the file as you wont have access to the Ah.sqf

• 1 month later...

So I have a Female Admin and she was wanting to know if I could figure out how to make this work with survivorWpink_DZ.

Would anyone know where I can find the layout for that so I can add the words "Admin" and stuff to it?

Currently if she uses the one for the guys it looks crazy, LOL.

when i pull the skin i want to edit (Soldier_PMC) from my files to edit it it like super small and i cant even edit it (btw i converted it from a paa to png with textviewer 2 which it was also realy small in) (also tried tga same results)

Edit: i also used this post to find and do everything  i couldn't figure out how to enlarge the picture

Subbing*

I will upload PSD of my skin when I get back home

Very well done, Zupa. I am using worker skin, btw. Green one, but doesnt matter, blue one uses same UVs.

P.S. it is safe to go with 512x512 resolution on skins, guys, to save up some KBs on your Mission files. You'll barely see a difference if any at all. Engine is smart enough to rescale UVs, so dont worry about it (the skin in screenshot is downscaled from 2048 to 512)

You convert PNG/JPG to PAA using TexView 2 tool that comes in BI tools package (installer)

Also always work with higher resolution textures and downscale when finished to preserve best quality.

how did you get a skin that wasnt like 16x16 all are like that size, when i scale it up its like all pixelated

• 1 month later...

For anyone that use AdminEpochTools - to add custom option to menu:

First Edit: Epoch\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\admintools\AdminToolsMain.sqf

Add:

["Admin Skin",[],"", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"adminskin.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

somewhere u want this menu to appear.

Create adminskin.sqf in Epoch\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\admintools\tools\ folder and Paste this in:

PVOZ_adminSkin  =  [player , "gui\admin.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )
publicVariable "PVOZ_adminSkin";
player setObjectTexture [0, "gui\admin.jpg"]; // (to also see it yourself)
player setVariable["adminated",1,true];

Dont forget to change "gui\admin.jpg" to point location of ur Admin Texture.

;)

Can't get this to work with the latest version of epoch admin tools

(Sorry in advance for this long post but I don't know how to do the "spoiler" thing.)

Not even able to get it to show up in my Infistar admin options window. Plz look through all of this cause im pretty sure I did a lot wrong. I'll highlight the areas I feel I did wrong.

//AH.sqf FILE

adminmsg2 =
 {
  createDialog 'RscDisplayPassword';
  ctrlSetText [1001,'BroadCast Message Plugin'];
  ctrlSetText [101,''];
  ctrlshow [1002,false];
  buttonSetAction [1,'PVAH_AdminReq = [91, player, toArray(ctrlText 101), ''#FFCC00'']; publicVariableServer ''PVAH_AdminReq'';'];
 };

//Admin Skin
 adminskinning = {
  PVOZ_adminSkin  =  [player , "\z\MPmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\DCG\admin1.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )
  publicVariable "PVOZ_adminSkin";
  player setObjectTexture [0, "\z\MPmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\DCG\admin1.jpg"]; // (to also see it yourself)
  player setVariable["adminated",1,true];
};
 admint2me =
 {
  { 

---------------------------------------------------------------------Separate area of AH.sqf------------------------------------------------------

call admin_fillsubsss;
  adminadd = adminadd + ["  Teleport Player To Me",admint2me,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];
  adminadd = adminadd + ["  Suit UP",adminskinning,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];
  adminadd = adminadd + ["  Teleport To Player",admintele,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];
  adminadd = adminadd + ["  FreeRoam Cam (RightClick to exit)",admin_frcam,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];

-------------------------------------------------------------------Compiles.sqf------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------Is this supposed to be a custom compiles.sqf or is it the one in dayzcode.pb?------------------------------

if (!isDedicated) then {
 player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\player_build.sqf";
 snap_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\snap_build.sqf";
 dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom\snap_pro\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

"PVOZ_adminSkin" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
  _obj =  (_this select 1) select 0 ;
  _colour =  (_this select 1) select 1; // this can also be a color or an image (color format = #(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)  
     _obj setObjectTexture [0, _colour];
    };
};

I dunno, if u want me to link my pbo's cause im not the brightest person on the planet lol.

Ok now im getting it to work to a point but im getting this message:

Image mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\dcg\admin1.jpg:

dimensions 525x525 not 2^n

No idea what its talking about, my dimensions are 512x512. I've tried 525x525 just to make sure that it didn't need to be that but still same message.

Please save me :'(

• 3 months later...

Ok now im getting it to work to a point but im getting this message:

Image mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\dcg\admin1.jpg:

dimensions 525x525 not 2^n

No idea what its talking about, my dimensions are 512x512. I've tried 525x525 just to make sure that it didn't need to be that but still same message.

Please save me :'(

Why dont you use the image size on the install guide?

CHANGE THIS TO 1024 x 1024 to work ( By Sukkaed) and there is even a image you can right click and save as.

• 3 years later...