yeah of course:

something like that:

in init.sqf         !!! change path and model

{
_moderated = _x getVariable ["moderated",0];
if( !isNil "_moderated" &&  _moderated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTexture [0, "scripts\gui\upg\moder.jpg"];
};
}forEach playableUnits; // if your antihack doesnt allow this use nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],25000];

In infistar:

In menu of moder

adminadd = adminadd + ["  Suit UP",moderskinning,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];

and that after _adminskinning !!!!! !!! change path

moderskinning = 
	{
		PVOZ_moderSkin  =  [player , "scripts\gui\upg\moder.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )
			publicVariable "PVOZ_moderSkin";
			player setObjectTexture [0, "scripts\gui\upg\moder.jpg"]; // (to also see it yourself)
			player setVariable["adminated",1,true];
	};

Done lol :3 

good explenation

Something extra:

You do not need to make a new public variable

publicVariable "PVOZ_moderSkin";

u can just use the same default one with different values in ^^ Less battleeye work

• 1 month later...

Any idea how to add option to Suit Up for Admin Epoch Tools (not infistar) ?

edit::

Ok, managed to add custom menu option to admin tools but unfortunately when i use this, it just changes my skin to BLACK.

I used ur texture from 1st post, changed dimensions to 1024x1024 and named .jpg.

Help please ;)

EDIT2::

Managed to get it to work, however, is it possible so i can remove view of backpacks and/or other stuff?

I want to show only skin on me, no stuffs like toolbelts and/or backpack ;(

Do someone have a list of skins files ready to modify? I cannot open p3d files...

I mainly want the survivor skin.,

You can't open binarized p3d files due to copyright reasons, you don't need to, because that level of editing would require creating new mod and players downloading it.

All models comes with UVs and textures defined, some of skins has option enabled called hiddenselections, this option allows you to replace textures using code alone and works fine with server modifications alone... basically that's what you want.

For more info go to Page 1 on this topic and look at posts #10 and #11

You can't open binarized p3d files due to copyright reasons, you don't need to, because that level of editing would require creating new mod and players downloading it.

All models comes with UVs and textures defined, some of skins has option enabled called hiddenselections, this option allows you to replace textures using code alone and works fine with server modifications alone... basically that's what you want.

For more info go to Page 1 on this topic and look at posts #10 and #11

Thank you for pointing that out for me. However, I cannot seem to find the Soldier_Crew_PMC skin paa file in there, would it be somewhere else? I want to make a custom survivor skin instead of the worker skin... :P

Thank you for pointing that out for me. However, I cannot seem to find the Soldier_Crew_PMC skin paa file in there, would it be somewhere else? I want to make a custom survivor skin instead of the worker skin... :P

Ahh, fair enough. The PMC suffix in that classname means it is from PMC expansion (integrated in game).

You'll need something like PBOManager to open pbos and find PMC characters, there you might have a better chance to find the right texture

Alternatively, just download unbinarized PMC characters, Open p3d and either select all (CTRL + A) or select one of named selections on right (ie. camo) then press E on keyboard to bring up "Face properties". There you will find path to each texture applied on faces... however keep in mind, those are Arma paths that uses prefix, not real paths. 

You can find models here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

PMC chars is second from bottom, click Expand to verify before downloading

Since paths uses prefixes (due to how game and P drive works) and these packages does not come with textures, you will still need to go back to square one, using PBO manager (Cog wheel icon to verify pbo prefix) to trace down textures used (at least you get the filename, right?)

It's kind of upside down, I know... But that's Arma for you with lots of guessing and poor documentation... so they give you raw files and lets you figure rest yourself :)

Ahh, fair enough. The PMC suffix in that classname means it is from PMC expansion (integrated in game).

You'll need something like PBOManager to open pbos and find PMC characters, there you might have a better chance to find the right texture

Alternatively, just download unbinarized PMC characters, Open p3d and either select all (CTRL + A) or select one of named selections on right (ie. camo) then press E on keyboard to bring up "Face properties". There you will find path to each texture applied on faces... however keep in mind, those are Arma paths that uses prefix, not real paths. 

You can find models here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack

PMC chars is second from bottom, click Expand to verify before downloading

Since paths uses prefixes (due to how game and P drive works) and these packages does not come with textures, you will still need to go back to square one, using PBO manager (Cog wheel icon to verify pbo prefix) to trace down textures used (at least you get the filename, right?)

It's kind of upside down, I know... But that's Arma for you with lots of guessing and poor documentation... so they give you raw files and lets you figure rest yourself :)

Is there no ready-to-use files like ZUpa originally posted (but now its gone for some reason, says link not found)..

Is there no ready-to-use files like ZUpa originally posted (but now its gone for some reason, says link not found)..

nah, only 2 textures were given, I only did classnames and my texture for shits and giggles, never actually used this mod... pretty much made a list of texturable classnames to make it easier for others (since i was in a debug anyway) and uninstalled test server. However feel free to provide people with textures or links to them in PBOs yourself, quite sure someone will find your findings useful.

You can convert PAA files to jpg/png/tga using TexView 2.

For anyone that use AdminEpochTools - to add custom option to menu:

First Edit: Epoch\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\admintools\AdminToolsMain.sqf

Add:

["Admin Skin",[],"", -5, [["expression", format[_EXECscript1,"adminskin.sqf"]]], "1", "1"],

somewhere u want this menu to appear.

Create adminskin.sqf in Epoch\MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\admintools\tools\ folder and Paste this in:

PVOZ_adminSkin  =  [player , "gui\admin.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )
publicVariable "PVOZ_adminSkin";
player setObjectTexture [0, "gui\admin.jpg"]; // (to also see it yourself)
player setVariable["adminated",1,true];

Dont forget to change "gui\admin.jpg" to point location of ur Admin Texture.

;)

• 4 weeks later...

Okey im fairly new at this so bare with me :P Were can i find "Compiles.sqf" Ive never come across this. Or is this just a custom exec sqf ? or am i totally retarded. And thnx for the scripts zupa! im running SC 3.0 and AT 1.0. Working like a charm. Would love to get this up and running aswell tho!

• 2 weeks later...

might be a noob question,

PVOZ_admin =Skin   [player , "gui\admin.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )

how do i use the commented section in this code?

like this?

PVOZ_admin = color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)

PVOZ_adminSkin  =  [player , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" ]; 

But that would make u pitch black ^^ 

if u change the 1 on the end to 0 u would be even invisible ( only your head will be shown).

Hi Guys had this work but somehow just stopped it will change into the skin, But only on the odd occation but mainly won't work now. I get this error in my rpt:

Error in expression <inated",0];
if( !isNil "_adminated" &&  _adminated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTextur>
  Error position: <_adminated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTextur>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _adminated
File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Napf\init.sqf, line 156

any idea why it works only occasionally and how to fix the error

thanks

MegaZ

ps here is my file in the init:

-------------------------------------