[Release] 1.0 Custom Skin Textures

Zupa

add _co extension when saving from TexView2 (don't just rename it, export again). Like admin_co.paa 

I'd advice staying away from solid colors especially when saving without suffixes. Long story short, TexView uses algorithms and suffixes to decide what the image will be saved as.

Why besides me, no one else sees the skin,

Because setObjectTextureGlobal only works for A3. For A2 (as with many other commands) you have to do it hack-y way. Which means you need to initialize it for all clients individually... hence the public var

Because setObjectTextureGlobal only works for A3. For A2 (as with many other commands) you have to do it hack-y way. Which means you need to initialize it for all clients individually... hence the public var

Hey Raymix, thank you for your assistance by the way. I am having the same issue as Bandit. From what I understand in your reply, the only way players can see the skin is if they download it as well?

Zupa can you help with this?

I get kicked for restriction 42

5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !=PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead"
5 "usec" !="usecMorphine" !="usecBandage" !="usecBleed"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

Zupa can you help with this?

I get kicked for restriction 42

5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !=PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

Seems you missed quotation mark("). It should be !="PVOZ_adminSkin" not !=PVOZ_adminSkin"

On my code there is not a missing (") and it kicks me.

edit: now im kicked for restriction 0

Seems you missed quotation mark("). It should be !="PVOZ_adminSkin" not !=PVOZ_adminSkin"

MY CODE: 

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq"  !="PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"
Edited by rentiger1112

Well it told me exactly what I just said it  kicked me for variable 42

there are 2 files you need to look out for, actually.

publicvariable.txt (variable name filter) and publicvariablevar.txt (actual variable (value) filter, name could be anything)

Both of these guys gets same error, so it can be tricky to guess sometimes. Basically if it's the second one, then your array contains some variable (because you can nest vars inside vars using arrays) that is blacklisted in publicvariablevar file.

Also you are looking for line #44, because inside of your file first line //new is ignored (still accounted) and second line is #0 for arma engine. Find line #44 and change 5 to 1.

So pretty much - error code +2 for the most part, when looking for specific line causing this. 

In fact I already asked you to check this earlier :P

Ok mine works now, thank you Zupa and Raymix for your great contributions again! One little bug I see, players sometimes will see the skin, on occasion all they see is my head and hands. Is that just lag?

How do you solve the problem, so that other players have also seen a skin)

add _co extension when saving from TexView2 (don't just rename it, export again). Like admin_co.paa 

I'd advice staying away from solid colors especially when saving without suffixes. Long story short, TexView uses algorithms and suffixes to decide what the image will be saved as.

This needs to be added to the instructions please. Thanks.

The instructions are very vague in where everything should go as well. I followed it the best I could and now my server goes to authenticate and the back to the start screen again. Would love to see examples of the proper placement.

Also, I take it that you have to your new skin on whatever skin you list in the init.sqf file like this.

"}forEach playableUnits; // if your antihack doesnt allow this use nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],25000];"

So if I don't have on the Survivor2_DZ skin it won't work, right?

This needs to be added to the instructions please. Thanks.

The instructions are very vague in where everything should go as well. I followed it the best I could and now my server goes to authenticate and the back to the start screen again. Would love to see examples of the proper placement.

Also, I take it that you have to your new skin on whatever skin you list in the init.sqf file like this.

"}forEach playableUnits; // if your antihack doesnt allow this use nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],25000];"

So if I don't have on the Survivor2_DZ skin it won't work, right?

What i kinda meant with that it, some antihacks doesnt allow playableUnits command.

So my skin was designed for Survivor2_DZ

However if you have other skins, just use the following in init.SQF

}forEach nearestObjects[player, ["CAManBase"],25000];

This will check all characters ingame ( ai and players) in a distance of 25000 meters from you ( Cus antihack blocks the command of just gettin all players )

u use the worker outfit on a civilian outfit, those are different clothings

this, heheh. Different skins have different UV maps. This means only one skin will work for one model (or it's variations). The skin you are trying to apply belongs to Worker, will work on any variations of workers and even worker zeds, since they all use same UVs. For bambi skin, you will need to extract and edit different texture (the one Zupa posted in OP with stars and shit :D )

I understand correctly, in the init.sqf

this

{
_adminated = _x getVariable ["adminated",0];
if( !isNil "_adminated" && _adminated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTexture [0, "gui\upg\admin.jpg"];
};
}forEach playableUnits; // if your antihack doesnt allow this use nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],25000];

to this

{
_adminated = _x getVariable ["adminated",0];
if( !isNil "_adminated" && _adminated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTexture [0, "gui\upg\admin.jpg"];
};
}forEach nearestObjects[player, ["INS_Worker2_DZ"],25000];

?