[Release] 1.0 Custom Skin Textures

Zupa

Custom textures for player skins.

This guide will show you how you can change textures on an excisting skins IF this skin supports the texture. 

In more detail, I will show you how to give admin a certain skin on command.

You can use this for other ideas ( clan skins, event clothing, make fun of the admin skin?). 

Screenshots (My work):

vvm3Mxg.jpg

Screenshots (raymix):

shot_141006_190141.png

As you can see, you can make some nice stuff with custom texture

The first one is build on a civilian model ( default ) and raymix uses a different one ( i dont know which one that is)

NOW HOW  DO I DO THIS

1)

in your compiles.sqf add a public event handeler

inside 

if (!isDedicated) then {
add

"PVOZ_adminSkin" addPublicVariableEventHandler {
		 _obj =  (_this select 1) select 0 ;
		 _colour =  (_this select 1) select 1; // this can also be a color or an image (color format = #(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)		
	                          _obj setObjectTexture [0, _colour];
               	};
(THIS ACTIVATES admin skin on all clients)

2) 

now in your init.sqf, add the following at the bottom

{
_adminated = _x getVariable ["adminated",0];
if( !isNil "_adminated" &&  _adminated != 0)then{
_x setObjectTexture [0, "gui\upg\admin.jpg"];
};
}forEach playableUnits; // if your antihack doesnt allow this use nearestObjects[player, ["Survivor2_DZ"],25000];
( this will check all players if they have adminate active and reskin their skin) , THIS IS SO IF a client LOGS IN HE ALSO sees that the admin has adminskin on)

3)

to activate , i'll show u how i do it in infistar

I add a option "Suit up" above "teleport to player"

add them to each level u want

adminadd = adminadd + ["  Suit UP",adminskinning,"0","0","0","1",[0,0.8,1,1]];
now look for

admint2me =
	{ 
and add ABOVE: ( change the image path to your image)

adminskinning = {
PVOZ_adminSkin  =  [player , "gui\upg\admin.jpg" ]; // (or color , "#(argb,1,1,1)color(0,0,0,1)" )
publicVariable "PVOZ_adminSkin";
player setObjectTexture [0, "gui\upg\admin.jpg"]; // (to also see it yourself)
player setVariable["adminated",1,true];
};
 To deavtivate your skin, just change into another skin!

The skin image must be in your missions pbo

IMPORTANT BATTLEYE

Add the following exeptioon to publicvariable.txt in your battleye folder

on line 2 or 1 ( depends how it is made)

on the FIRST line that start with 5 add add the very end ( see there is a space between this and the last item)

!="PVOZ_adminSkin"
IMAGE SIZE: 1024px x 1024 px !!

example images:

(MINE, quickly made with limitted time ^^) raymix probably did this quite better

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crd2qjk2zczj8kb/admin.jpg?dl=0

or

CHANGE THIS TO 1024 x 1024 to work ( By Sukkaed)

2hek6y9.jpg

Little different way to do it but works :)

Here is some skin bases http://www.mediafire.com/download/726n09xqr763570/skins.rar

it is safe to go with 512x512 resolution on skins, guys, to save up some KBs on your Mission files. You'll barely see a difference if any at all. Engine is smart enough to rescale UVs, so dont worry about it (the skin in screenshot is downscaled from 2048 to 512)

You convert PNG/JPG to PAA using TexView 2 tool that comes in BI tools package (installer)

Also always work with higher resolution textures and downscale when finished to preserve best quality.

Subbing*

I will upload PSD of my skin when I get back home

Very well done, Zupa. I am using worker skin, btw. Green one, but doesnt matter, blue one uses same UVs.

P.S. it is safe to go with 512x512 resolution on skins, guys, to save up some KBs on your Mission files. You'll barely see a difference if any at all. Engine is smart enough to rescale UVs, so dont worry about it (the skin in screenshot is downscaled from 2048 to 512)

You convert PNG/JPG to PAA using TexView 2 tool that comes in BI tools package (installer)

Also always work with higher resolution textures and downscale when finished to preserve best quality.

As promised, a PSD... base PAA is also added, but can be also found at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14423790/DayZ/worker_v2_co.psd
Steam\common\Arma2\Addons\Characters2.PBO --> Civil\Worker\Data\worker_v2_co.paa

This skin will work for all worker versions as the UVs used are the same.

Usage in Photoshop:

You will see seletions folder/group. Ctrl+Click one of items to activate selection (keep them hidden), then click back on base image you want to edit. While selection is active only that part will be edited instead of whole image. Now just play around with Image tools like HUE and contrasts to apply desired colors. Or just apply your own textures. Using tools like HUE (colorize on) will allow you to keep original texture, but change its color and brightness, so it will look more natural than just relying on normal maps alone.

I've created a list of "Legal skins" (as in... wearable skins from clothing mags) just in case anyone decides to create an addon that lets you generate skin colors using right click or action menu on traders.... or w/e

BTW, rocker skin you can paint dude's hair (selection 1), hahaha

I've added zombie skins, too for shits and giggles... imagine pink zombie chasing you, ok? Nuff said

// --- Single hidden selection (0)
"Survivor2_DZ"
"SurvivorWcombat_DZ"
"SurvivorWdesert_DZ"
"SurvivorWurban_DZ"
"SurvivorWpink_DZ"
"SurvivorW3_DZ"
"SurvivorW2_DZ"
"Bandit1_DZ"
"BanditW1_DZ"
"BanditW2_DZ"
"Soldier_Crew_PMC"
"Sniper1_DZ"
"Functionary1_EP1_DZ"
"pz_suit1"
"pz_suit2"
"pz_worker1"
"pz_worker2"
"pz_worker3"
"pz_doctor"
"pz_teacher"
"pz_hunter"
"pz_villager1"
"pz_villager2"
"pz_villager3"
"Soldier_TL_PMC_DZ"
"TK_INS_Soldier_EP1_DZ"
"TK_INS_Warlord_EP1_DZ"
"CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ"
"Graves_Light_DZ"
"TK_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ"
"INS_Worker2_DZ"

// --- Two hidden selections (0 and 1) aka .. 2 colors
"Camo1_DZ"
"Soldier1_DZ"
"Rocket_DZ"
"Rocker1_DZ"
"Rocker2_DZ"
"Rocker3_DZ"
"Rocker4_DZ"
"Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ"

If you want to add custom skins to this list, you to make life easier for yourself, add use debug console (google for stra_debug2).

Here's code for debug as seen in screenshot below:

player setObjectTexture [0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)"];
player setObjectTexture [1, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(0,1,1,1)"];
currentSkin = typeOf player
paintSkins1 set [count paintSkins1, currentSkin] 
paintSkins2 set [count paintSkins2, currentSkin] 
diag_log "Single";{diag_log format ["%1",_x]}count paintSkins1;diag_log "Multi";{diag_log format ["%1",_x]}count paintSkins2;

skinssssss.png

As promised, a PSD... base PAA is also added, but can be also found at: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14423790/DayZ/worker_v2_co.psd

Steam\common\Arma2\Addons\Characters2.PBO --> Civil\Worker\Data\worker_v2_co.paa

This skin will work for all worker versions as the UVs used are the same.

Usage in Photoshop:

You will see seletions folder/group. Ctrl+Click one of items to activate selection (keep them hidden), then click back on base image you want to edit. While selection is active only that part will be edited instead of whole image. Now just play around with Image tools like HUE and contrasts to apply desired colors. Or just apply your own textures. Using tools like HUE (colorize on) will allow you to keep original texture, but change its color and brightness, so it will look more natural than just relying on normal maps alone.

When I open in Photoshop, I ctrl_click parts of the image and nothing happens.... what obvious thing am I doing wrong?

I tried editing Zupa's original but the pants stay pink! lol

When I click suit up it kicks me for restriction 42 but I added the !="PVOZ_adminSkin" to my publicvariable

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !="PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead"
5 "usec" !="usecMorphine" !="usecBandage" !="usecBleed"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

When I click suit up it kicks me for restriction 42 but I added the !="PVOZ_adminSkin" to my publicvariable

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq" !="PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "norrn" !="norrnRACarUp" !="norrnRAPicUp" !="norrnRaDrag" !="norrnR180" !="norrnRalie" !="norrnRLact" !="norrnRALW" !="norrnRDead"
5 "PVDZE_" !"PVDZE_player" !="PVDZE_send" !="PVDZE_log_lockUnlock" !="PVDZE_Server_Simulation" !="PVDZE_veh_Update" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBody" !="PVDZE_plr_GutBodyZ" !="PVDZE_veh_Lock" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathB" !="PVDZE_maintainArea" !="PVDZE_obj_Publish" !="PVDZE_obj_Swap" !="PVDZE_plr_Save" !="PVDZE_obj_Delete" !="PVDZE_obj_Trade" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish2" !="PVDZE_zed_Spawn" !="PVDZE_plr_Died" !="PVDZE_plr_TradeMenu" !="PVDZE_veh_Upgrade" !="PVDZE_atp" !="PVDZE_plr_Login" !="PVDZE_plr_Login2" !="PVDZE_plr_LoginRecord" !="PVDZE_plr_DeathBResult" !="PVDZE_veh_SFix" !="PVDZE_plr_Hit" !="PVDZE_plr_HitV" !="PVDZE_veh_SFuel" !="PVDZE_plr_HideBody" !="PVDZE_plr_Morph" !="PVDZE_veh_Publish" !="PVDZE_plr_Characters" !="PVDZE_lockVault" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5 "remExFP" !="\"remExFP\" = \[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]" !"\[,,\"per\",\"execVM\",\"ca\\Modules\\Functions\\init.sqf\"\]"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

I do not know if that helps, but try like this  

5 !...

kicked for public variable restriction #0

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq"  !="
PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

When i edit the sample Zupa left the pants stay pink.... any idea? When I use Raymix's version it only works when I put the worker skin on first, otherwise the image is distorted.

pink? where do u see pink?

my skin is for civilian btw

kicked for public variable restriction #0

//new
5 "" !"PVDZE_" !"norrn" !"usec" !="remExField" !="remExFP" !="drn_AskServerDynamicWeatherEventArgs" !="norrinRAlie" !="BIS_effects_gepv" !="dayzPlayerLogin" !="dayzPlayerLogin2" !"PVAHR_" !="PVAH_AdminReq" !="PVAH_WriteLogReq"  !="
PVOZ_adminSkin"
5 "PVAHR_" !"PVAHR_0_"
5="player"
5="server"
5 "fnc_plyrHit"
1="PVAH_AdminReq"
1="PVAH_WriteLogReq"
1 "PVAHR_0_"
1 "Delete"

i think there is a space or enter ad adminskin, it's on a new line?