Battleye extended commands

lordgeorge

Question

Hey

Been poking around for some time at the commands for battleye and i wanted to see if anyone could help :)

Due to the way our servers restart players always temd to loose gear on restart of they hadnt logged out before the server shut down... Standar :P

This is rare, but i wanted to do was us the be commands to lock the server 5 minutes before restart and kick everyone 6 seconds before it goes down.

I know it is possible but so far my testing has not been so successfull ;) .

Once i get home i will post the commands i tried using for both.

ANy help would be amazing :)

Cheers

George

5 answers to this question

I just put up BEC messages warning of the impending restart, on the 5 minute, 3 minute, 1 minute, 30 second and final restart warning players are told if they dont logout they may lose thier gear, which they will not be compensated for.

If they cannot follow a simple instruction telling them to logout to prevent gear loss then that's thier own fault and maybe they should consider removing computers from thier life.

I just put up BEC messages warning of the impending restart, on the 5 minute, 3 minute, 1 minute, 30 second and final restart warning players are told if they dont logout they may lose thier gear, which they will not be compensated for.

If they cannot follow a simple instruction telling them to logout to prevent gear loss then that's thier own fault and maybe they should consider removing computers from thier life.

Haha put it how it should be :P

We do have more than enough chances to warn people. Its just a pain when people expect their stuff to be replaced when it goes pete tongue.

Just want to do everything i can, so i enjoy me cups of tea at night :)

This is what I use to lock the server 5 minutes before restart. I have 4 hour restarts:

<job id="1">
<time>035500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>say -1 Locking server to prevent new players from joining.</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype> 
</job>
<job id="2">
<time>035500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>0</loop> 
<cmd>#lock</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype> 
</job>

This is what I use to lock the server 5 minutes before restart. I have 4 hour restarts:

</snip>

That stops new players joining, OP wants players to be kicked before restart so as to avoid gear loss.

Personally i'd go with Uro1 idea :) makes sense.

That stops new players joining, OP wants players to be kicked before restart so as to avoid gear loss.

Personally i'd go with Uro1 idea :) makes sense.

Ah ok, I didn't see the part about kicking. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? If someone puts something in their safe and 2 seconds later they are kicked, there's a high chance they'll lose their stuff. I also use the warnings at 1 hour and 45, 30, 15, 10, 5, 3 and 1 minute. At 10 minutes, I have a message warning players that if they log off within 5 minutes of the restart, they will probably lose some items but yet there are people who insist on playing to the last second.