Question

Hello.

I've got a problem with the latest (2.1.3) DZAI after adding Lingor map running Dayz Epoch 1.0.5.1

My server runs both vehicle and heli AI.

The problem is: vehicle AIs sometimes get stuck on the road, sometimes are blocked near houses and fences which are located near roads they should be moving by.

Sometimes they stop on a deadlocks of the roads and stand there forever.

As for helis - they do not have obstacles in the air, so they work fine.

Mostly these vehicles are just standing still and waiting for something forever.

At Chernarus everything was ok.

*One more thing - when vehicle AIs are standing still, it's not always because of obstacles. Mostly it is an empty road wothout anything to stop them.

?!??

9 answers to this question

Same thing exactly. Right after the server restart things seem ok, vehicle AI are driving on the roads as they should. But after some time, i found them standing on roads, and some of them where in buidings, that where surounded by other buildings, so i dont understand how did they get there.

It's not a map specific problem. They are just bad drivers and frequently will get stuck on the road.

I get it when they are stuck, but what i dont - is when they are just standing still without anything that coud be in their way. And other AI patrols some time pass those who are standing without any problems.

We have the same problem on our Lingor and FATA maps. to get them moving i would have to tp to them and shoot at them. Then they would start moving.  To try and get some action i use wai for the ground vehicles and dzai for the air. 

Yeah - it's a DZAI issue with the piloting of ground vehicles for sure.   WAI slightly is better at ground troop movement ...

We do the same as Thug on our server.  

DZAI is only used for ground troops in specific missions / deploying urals to a location. that type of thing. Any free-roving patrols are done using WAI.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Reaper5150
      Simple but fun little script I put together awhile ago.
      What it does? It is bound to a object in this case "ItemObsidian" as a right click, but can be changed to whatever you want. It then will sends out a message to the players on the server and marks the player with red smoke and a marker on the map.
      The player will then get 2 mins of god mod acting like the amour. Once the amour takes damage (All it is is a countdown timer really) The god mode is then disabled so they can be killed.
      I'm still working on this and will update it when it is done. If any of you better scriptwriters then myself ( I'm still a noob lol) have any ideas on how to improve this? contact me so I can give you credit in the update :)
      Known bugs:
      marker sometimes stays on map Credits to : @Schalldampfer  For helping me understand map markers
      Install: Place this in your scripts folder name it something like Jugg.sqf
      //========================================================
      //========= Juggernaut script-Written by Reaper5150 ===========
      //=======================================================
      sleep 2;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THERE IS A JUGGERNAUT,FIND HIM AND KILL HIM IF YOU CAN!!!","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      sleep 1;
      [nil, player, rSAY, "YOURSOUND.OGG", 100] call RE; //Add your custom sound here when Juggernaut spawns 
      [] spawn {
      player removeMagazine 'ItemObsidian';//Add whatever object you want and bound to your right click function
      sleep 5;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUT HAS BODY ARMOR,WE CAN'T KILL HIM...HELP!!!","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      ////////Set marker/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      [] execVM "scripts\marker.sqf";
      //Start Smoke Marker//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      sleep 5;
      PJ_grenade = "SmokeShellRed" createVehicle position player;
      PJ_grenade attachto [vehicle player,[0.1,0,0]];
      sleep 2;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUT (PLAYER) HAS BEEN MARKED WITH SMOKE AND ON THE MAP!!!","PLAIN",3] call RE;

//Temp Godmode for 2 mins////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      (vehicle player) removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
      (vehicle player) addEventHandler ["handleDamage", { false }];    
      (vehicle player) allowDamage false;

//Acts like a countdown timer//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      sleep 90;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUTS ARMOR HAS TAKEN 30% DAMAGE","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      sleep 100;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUTS ARMOR HAS TAKEN 50% DAMAGE","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      sleep 110;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUTS ARMOR HAS TAKEN 90% DAMAGE","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      uiSleep 120;
      [nil,nil,rTitleText,"THE JUGGERNAUTS ARMOR IS WEAK...TAKE HIM OUT NOW!!!","PLAIN",3] call RE;
      sleep 2;

//Start ending Juggernaut///////////////////////////////////
      (vehicle player) addEventHandler ["handleDamage", { true }];    
      (vehicle player) removeAllEventHandlers "handleDamage";
      (vehicle player) allowDamage true;
      uiSleep 240;
      deleteVehicle PJ_grenade;
      END;
      Call it from your right click
      ["ItemObsidian","JUGGERNAUT","execVM 'scripts\Jugg.sqf';","true"], 
      marker.sqf:
      _unit = player;
      _nameP = name _unit;
      _markerobjp = createMarker [_namep,[0,0]];
      _markerobjp setMarkerShape "ICON";
      _markerobjp setMarkerType "mil_dot";
      _markerobjp setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
      _markerobjp setMarkerText _nameP;
      _markerobjp setMarkerSize [1,1];

while {alive _unit} do {
      _markerobjp setmarkerdir (getdir _unit);
      _markerobjp setMarkerPos (getPos _unit);
      _markerobjp setMarkerText _nameP;
      sleep 5;
      };
      ////////////////////////////////////////////
      uiSleep 240;
      deleteMarker _markerobjp;

• By Vladick
      BSBS Server IP: 216.244.93.103:7802
      Discord: https://discord.gg/PVn8PvG
      Server Features:
      PvPvE Database wiped 1/5/18 ESS V3 spawn selection Coins and Global Banking WAI missions and Roaming DZAI Bandits Customized map additions Skalisky Bridge Skalisky Island Bandit Camp with high loot (fun mission!) Garage Door Opener Virtual Garage Deploy bike Refuel, Repair, Rearm Take clothes Bury Body Butcher Body Locate vehicle with keys and GPS One plot poll per player Indestructible bases Trader Safe Zones Day/Night Schedule 4-hour restarts
    • By FG_Trap
      Made this in my free time awhile ago thought id make it public.
      Right Alt is the key to open the menu.
      Install instructions are inside the download.
      https://github.com/NWDZ-Trapxxgods/traps-menu

here is a picture of the server menu

• By lordacus
      so i have been making a server between trying to get my provider to update their mods section. after getting this don i found the server with epoch and infistar were conflicting each other such as: when joining i can use infistar but when i press f9 or i to enter my inventory or f10 for the mobile pad it then conflicts (i think) infistar and i can no longer use it. any ideas on how to stop this

• By vbawol
      Open world survival mod set just two years after the mass extinction of billions of people. Those that remain are left with remnants of a once technological society. Try to survive, build, or explore your way through the harsh dynamic environment.
      Features
      Powerful persistence framework for Arma 3 with native Windows and Linux dedicated server support. Fully configurable script based security checks. Base Building re-envisioned for Arma 3 PhysX. Persistent secure and insecure storage devices. Upgradeable locking doors. Barter based economy and trading systems backed a single currency ¤ called "Krypto". Hostile Environment with several different types of antagonists, Air and Water temperature extremes, and Earthquakes. Hunting, Fishing, Tame Dogs, Explore & Loot: Wrecked ships, Abandoned vehicles and buildings, Perform task based missions and more! Open source APL-SA Epoch Survival MP gamemode. Open source APL-SA Modders resource configs and Class List. Assets can be used as a mod dependency on Steam workshop.
  • Advertisement
  • Supporters
  • Discord