Traders Inventory

Zombiemeatspin

How does traders inventory works? Does their inventory refresh after a while?

I've noticed that on fresh servers I'm able to find a lot more gear than on servers that has been running for a while. Basic items like toilette paper or orange sherbets can get close to impossible to find on some servers.

Also some traders seems to have nothing at all in their inventory. It is either empty or it has a few items that people have sold to these locations.  

Could there be more types of traders selling different stuff? For instance, Green trader selling normal military gear, Brown trader selling civilian goods, Black trader selling high end military, Orange trader selling industrial, Blue Trader selling rare vehicles such as choppers, hunter, urals, etc.

Each type would spawn randomly as they are right now but the higher the value of their stuff the less they would spawn in randomly across the map.

I really hope they don't intend on spoon feeding us items with specific item traders like in Arma 2. I like that it's really hard to find build supplies and high end vehicles. It makes the game more challenging forcing you to loot rather than head to a build trader and buy x amount of salvage metal.

I really hope they don't intend on spoon feeding us items with specific item traders like in Arma 2. I like that it's really hard to find build supplies and high end vehicles. It makes the game more challenging forcing you to loot rather than head to a build trader and buy x amount of salvage metal.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love how they're set up now, where they only have in stock what they are sold to them, it makes it more survival which is how it should be. Would hate to see some of the Arma 2 Epoch carebear stuff come into this, please no.

No, some trader have a standard sortiment of items, they are defined in the server configs. But i dont think, that they respawn, they will reloaded at the server restart.

I would like to see your source on this. I have logged into a server when the new servers opened up a few days ago and every trader I had been to had nothing until I sold stuff to him. And if I am not mistaken I read some where that the economy is completely player driven. 

It is very nice that its hard to find building supplies and vehicle parts and stuff, BUT(!), its feels a bit wierd to be able to find military grade weapons and tons of ammo for it, rangefinders, grenades etcetc within 5 minutes of spawning, then looking for a frickin worn car tire for 3 hours :P So for traders to work properly, loot has to work properly. With the current setup, they kind of go hand in hand.

OT: I have not yet seen any trader having stuff to sell after a restart, so i am pretty sure they only have what has been sold to them.

It is very nice that its hard to find building supplies and vehicle parts and stuff, BUT(!), its feels a bit wierd to be able to find military grade weapons and tons of ammo for it, rangefinders, grenades etcetc within 5 minutes of spawning, then looking for a frickin worn car tire for 3 hours :P So for traders to work properly, loot has to work properly. With the current setup, they kind of go hand in hand.

OT: I have not yet seen any trader having stuff to sell after a restart, so i am pretty sure they only have what has been sold to them.

A worn car tire? Have you played Epoch yet? You dont need no stinking tires.  Worn car tire is from Breaking Point man. 

The more I read your post the more I think you are full of it. Maybe you are playing on an unofficial server or something. The traders have tons of stuff that the players have sold them. Even after a restart. 

worn car tire? Have you played Epoch yet? You dont need no stinking tires.  Worn car tire is from Breaking Point man. 

I am sorry, i meant the tool kit. And yes, i play both.

The more I read your post the more I think you are full of it. Maybe you are playing on an unofficial server or something. The traders have tons of stuff that the players have sold them. Even after a restart. 

As i said, the traders i have visited after restarts have been empty. This might of course have been a coinsident, but it is still a fact. I have never logged on to any unofficial server, nor am i full of anything.

I suggest you overlook the 229 posts you have made before you go ranting over mine. Its easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.

I am sorry, i meant the tool kit. And yes, i play both.

As i said, the traders i have visited after restarts have been empty. This might of course have been a coinsident, but it is still a fact. I have never logged on to any unofficial server, nor am i full of anything.

I suggest you overlook the 229 posts you have made before you go ranting over mine. Its easier to be wise for others than for ourselves.

I am not ranting. I am just making some observations. You need a Multigun with the Vehicle repair attachment or Vehicle repair parts to repair vehicles. 

The way I understand the system currently is that traders start with nothing but their stock will persist over server restarts. A player driven economy is a good analogy. An environment will grow from the mod, with small guidance from the developers rather than trying to force the situation.

Am mainly concentrating on the AI currently so may be corrected :) I am toying with a trader militia, and am thinking along the lines of the richer the trader the more heavies he can afford. Trader protection is a very contentious subject and, as Sequisha, has mentioned, methods of dealing with kill on sight are being put into place.

The way I understand the system currently is that traders start with nothing but their stock will persist over server restarts. A player driven economy is a good analogy. An environment will grow from the mod, with small guidance from the developers rather than trying to force the situation.

Am mainly concentrating on the AI currently so may be corrected :) I am toying with a trader militia, and am thinking along the lines of the richer the trader the more heavies he can afford. Trader protection is a very contentious subject and, as Sequisha, has mentioned, methods of dealing with kill on sight are being put into place.

I like it all!