DLC Content

Zombiemeatspin

if you dont own it dont use it, its as simple as that, if you want to use it and dont own it buy that shit, its only 1.99 and i can bet you probably have that much in trading cards you can sell off. thats what i did :D

i dont think they should be removed because a few cheapos dont want to buy the dlc. i myself have been DIEING to find one to putt around in

I agree with OP on this one, sure the kart DLC is cheap so no big deal, the problem lies in future DLC. Giving players an in game advantage for purchasing DLC should not be a thing.

New guns will also be released with the marksmanship patch, will players be barred from using said guns without purchasing the DLC?

How much money will people have to spend to maintain an even playing field? Long term epoch players shouldn't be expected to cough up money everytime Bohemia decides to release new content.

BTW I've purchased the DLC bundle. I purchased it because it was an option available to me and I saw potential value in a product. I don't understand this "support Bohemia" crap. If a company wants my money they need to provide me with a product or service that I feel is worth it, I should not be forced to upgrade just to use the original product to its full potential.

I was just wondering this week when I played, I got this dlc icon in my right corner of my screen, after a while my screen was full of helmets for a while. It was the starter pistol. For me it is not a problem, if I know witch loot is in a dlc, I will not pick them up. Cause I love to fly, I will buy the chopper dlc soon.

A solution could be to have DLC and Non DLC servers. Im thinking the Non DLC servers would be fewer and less populated since people always want to play with more content available.

I rather just have everything enabled in the mod.

+1 to this idea if anything needs to be done. it would be better to split into two servers than to remove new dlc all together. i personally plan on buying most dlc if not all if they have a package deal. who doesnt like new and improved?!

They do and always have had a package deal for Arma 3 DLC's:

https://store.bistudio.com/arma3-dlc-bundle

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304400/

I do not see why people who have the FULL CONTENT of the game should be punished because of those that do not.

Yes, EVERYONE has the DLC's

Yes, some features of those DLC's are TURNED OFF for people who have not purchased them.

BIS did this to allow everyone on to any server and to remove the confusion that Arma2 had with all the Versions/DLC's. (And for people who don't understand -mod loading).

I personally think it's a great way of distributing addons/DLC without penalising those who dont have the full DLC's, by giving everyone access to them, whether fully functional or not.

Well I started this topic because I don't like the idea to be forced to buy something in order to use it in a modification of a game.

On another note, a fried tried to sell a kart to a trader and it wasn't recognised and he was unable to sell it.

Even if you have the DLC, you can't sell the karts at traders. 

I agree with OP on this one, sure the kart DLC is cheap so no big deal, the problem lies in future DLC. Giving players an in game advantage for purchasing DLC should not be a thing.

New guns will also be released with the marksmanship patch, will players be barred from using said guns without purchasing the DLC?

How much money will people have to spend to maintain an even playing field? Long term epoch players shouldn't be expected to cough up money everytime Bohemia decides to release new content.

BTW I've purchased the DLC bundle. I purchased it because it was an option available to me and I saw potential value in a product. I don't understand this "support Bohemia" crap. If a company wants my money they need to provide me with a product or service that I feel is worth it, I should not be forced to upgrade just to use the original product to its full potential.

can only agree with this. it gives other ppl an unfair advantage and forces you to buy something. and having a vehicle in epoch has an much bigger impact here.

the best option would be having the option to enable or disable them as a server owner

Never in my life have I seen people complain about there being extra content.

Simple solution, dont play on servers that enable the DLC (devs should give a setting to turn it on and off) - win win right? I tell you now though, servers with DLC on will be more popular because people like additional content and they are happy to pay for it.

Its no an advantage in the slightest, if the DLC wasnt there it can be argued that the vehicle wouldnt be there either. The fact is you can still destroy it and loot it, so its better than nothing.

All that being said, the karts don't fit the theme really, do they?

Then again nor does a lot of stuff in the game.

Now, if including the karts were to be looked on favourably by the BIS judges of the MANW competition, then surely they're better in than out.....for now.

All that being said, the karts don't fit the theme really, do they?

Then again nor does a lot of stuff in the game.

Now, if including the karts were to be looked on favourably by the BIS judges of the MANW competition, then surely they're better in than out.....for now.

i feel like small engined vehicles like a kart would thrive in the post apocalyptic world, i mean they are the EASIEST motor to maintain and it takes next to nothing to keep them going