Admin doesn't care about dupers & bug using douchebags at skaronator

daniel361

Hey there,

we played for weeks on skaronator and decided to leave today.

I'm a little bit pissed off because the admin says "its alpha, its epoch", yes it is alpha, but this should be no "OK" to those idiots.

They bug into our base, destroyed our vehicles etc the whole day.

I got no problem with "ok its an alpha", but an admin should kick/ban those idiots using this to the maximum imho.

And this shitty server is official listed here, full of pricks and admins who doesn't care.

Give us those damn server files or let official servers add whitelisting if they want to, this is just ruining the game.

cheers and a big fat fuck you to skaronator noobs.

How did they "bug" into your base? There are currently no locks and it's quite easy to knock down walls. I'll assume you had a frequency jammer placed. If they legitimately glitched through a wall into an enclosed area, did you report the bug here on the forums or on Github?

Of course we got a jammer !! - thats just more frustrating cause collecting the salvage metal for that took lots of hours.

You can glitch through every (!!) single salvage metal wall using V with a weapon in your hands or switch weapons while you pressing V etc, this is just too easy.

Only halfway safe combination is cinderwall added with salvage metal wall, you'll be fine.

I dont have a problem with knocking down the walls in a normal way (explosives, cars etc), i tell about a group of kiddies using arma bugs to get into our base illegaly.

This is an arma bug, not exactly epoch, i'm just frustrated about the admins saying its alpha blabla, those idiots needs to be banned from every epoch server cause they will do it over and over again...

If you want to get a look: Join skaronator server, move up the north, the castle over oreokastro, we build our base up there. There is no normal way to get into it....

admins saying its alpha blabla

This is the point of alpha, we are testing. If you can't deal with the bugs and exploits (there will be many) then you are better off waiting a while. If you think the admins of these servers have the time, or resources to run around and comp people for their losses because of alpha issues or even ban every player taking advantage of these exploits you are sadly mistaken.

what are you going to do when they do a mass server wipe?  complain some more? I'm sure it will happen.

no I'm cool with that, no problem.

I thought admins are just being admins and kick/ban idiots like on every other server.

Epoch got not much rules but bugging and glitching is just noobish and yes I'll stop playing this shit until it's public, so I can join a server with cool admins or I'll do my own without idiots.

and again fyi: This bug is NOT epoch related, you can do this in every arma3 mod, I was just upset that ppl think this is part of the game, so do your noobish playing with that, i dont give a fuck.

ty for nothing.

no I'm cool with that, no problem.

I thought admins are just being admins and kick/ban idiots like on every other server.

Epoch got not much rules but bugging and glitching is just noobish and yes I'll stop playing this shit until it's public, so I can join a server with cool admins or I'll do my own without idiots.

and again fyi: This bug is NOT epoch related, you can do this in every arma3 mod, I was just upset that ppl think this is part of the game, so do your noobish playing with that, i dont give a fuck.

ty for nothing.

Its Alpha and you are not understanding what Alpha is all about. You shouldn't get attached to shiny loot or things that are hoarded like Krypto. Expect to die a lot. Expect to lose a lot of gear(bugging and glitching). And why do you call the mod "shit" if you say its NOT epoch related. What admins or moderators look for when banning people is proof. They investigate and make fair minded decisions. Not blind decisions. Can you prove whoever did whatever to your base? If not.... you should take the issue up with Bohemia.

Build your own base, get wrecked by some kids doing nothing all day then bugging and glitchting into your base.

I do NOT say "FIX THIS SHIT ASAP"..I say "get rid of those idiots ruining the game" - thats all.

I was upset cause skaronator is listed here as official, I think they shouldn't when they accept players use noobish things like duping and glitching to fuck people up.

I was upset cause skaronator is listed here as official, I think they shouldn't when they accept players use noobish things like duping and glitching to fuck people up.

-.- I don't really see the point of your posts other than to advertise that you have some strange sense of entitlement...

Aaand relax. Hope you got that off your chest. Skaronator is official and puts a lot of time into this mod, is also providing a server.

Have a read through the threads and you will see that the major issue currently is with an Arma bug that is being fixed, as we chat, by Bohemia. 

Glitching through walls you say, have you played Epoch before? In which case you would know that it was dealt with before and will be again, along with those pesky kids.

Thanks for your post and please keep providing the valued feedback. After the last week, I feel your pain and you've given me an idea, sappers attracted to shiny bases.. hmmm.

The mesh problem is an Arma II/III related problem. Next time build your base up high on foundation or make a trap within your base foundations so that if they glitch through they get stuck inside under the floor ceiling. I don't know if you have played other arma III mods but they suffer from the same static mesh problems. So unless Bohemia change their own collisions physics there is nothing modding teams can do. Love it or hate it you gotta deal with the engines limitations.

oh tho

Hey there,

we played for weeks on skaronator and decided to leave today.

I'm a little bit pissed off because the admin says "its alpha, its epoch", yes it is alpha, but this should be no "OK" to those idiots.

They bug into our base, destroyed our vehicles etc the whole day.

I got no problem with "ok its an alpha", but an admin should kick/ban those idiots using this to the maximum imho.

And this shitty server is official listed here, full of pricks and admins who doesn't care.

Give us those damn server files or let official servers add whitelisting if they want to, this is just ruining the game.

cheers and a big fat fuck you to skaronator noobs.

oh those sweet casual tear's

you got video of the exploit mate or anything to help the bug report  ?

Stop whining. It's Alpha. Expect to lose shit, not just by players but by wipes. By getting a key and getting whitelisted you expect to TEST, not PLAY. You expect to lose stuff.

If you're a regular player joining in the Open Alpha, it's still to TEST. Expect to lose stuff.

This is the point of alpha, we are testing. If you can't deal with the bugs and exploits (there will be many) then you are better off waiting a while. If you think the admins of these servers have the time, or resources to run around and comp people for their losses because of alpha issues or even ban every player taking advantage of these exploits you are sadly mistaken.

This and a

Post feedback and bug reports, stop being entitled, check your attitude at the door.

That's my advice.

that and a

Rule #1 of Dayz: Don't get attached to your 'stuff'.

Hey!  You said the DayZ word!  Bad!!

But seriously, if this game is going to drive you to getting upset, you better plan on being upset for quite some time if you keep playing through the alpha.  Sure, a lot of us get frustrated even though we know it's still in early testing, but we just have to remind ourselves that we're not playing for keeps at all at this point.  There will always be people there to exploit the exploitable.  It's part of the whole process.

as yet, build your base in the height so that you can purely down but not without ne stairs to build into the upstairs. 
and it's like even those who purely want in your apartment here is to come purely if he wants it

als tipp baue deine base in die höhe so dass man rein kann unten aber ohne ne treppe zu bauen nicht ins obergeschoss.
und es ist doch wie hier auch wer in deine Wohnung rein will der kommt da auch rein wenn er es will.

The whole point of an Alpha stage or Beta stage game is to find exploits, bugs any anything else that makes the game unworthy of release so the devs can fix it and make the game enjoyable.

Why should people be banned for doing these things when they could have simply been testing things they had not read an exploit for and seeing if it worked?

A nice youtube explaining how to build a base that catches glitchers would be awesome :P

Yeah, arma3 lets you easily go through walls and stuff, so find a PLAYER way to avoid ppl getting in would be awesome.. Shouting at admins they don't kick those players is idiotic.. Hackers : yes, but everyone else that exploits game mechanics is a TESTER and PART OF the ALPHA.

A nice youtube explaining how to build a base that catches glitchers would be awesome :P

Yeah, arma3 lets you easily go through walls and stuff, so find a PLAYER way to avoid ppl getting in would be awesome.. Shouting at admins they don't kick those players is idiotic.. Hackers : yes, but everyone else that exploits game mechanics is a TESTER and PART OF the ALPHA.

This. If you use broken game mechanics you are tester. You cannot ban everyone who doesn't let you grind gear in peace