First play..

MassAsster

After 30 minutes of trying to get my game functional (seems the arma 3 launcher method wasn't working, had to go to the config screen and enable the mod this way) we finally get into the game and spawn at a trader.

My buddies have a few items as they were playing the 30 min I was trying to get going...

First - guy with a sub gun is running around and his buddies are trying to steal the things we are passing to each other..  (because trading doesn't seem to work).

We finally get the items passed around and step maybe ~10m away from the trader area, planning our route to the next town, and we are slaughtered by some one waiting out side the trader area.. the two jackasses who were trying to steal from us walk over and take the items from our body...

Trade is initiated with i key, same way as trading with the Traders. Player trading should be working normally. About everything else in your post. This is Epoch. Having unknown guy next to you with a gun is pretty dangerous and hanging outside trader area is not very wise. inside the Trader base/area you cannot be killed so stay there to do all the trading

Yeah, that wasn't the issue, the issue was once your in a trader area, your trapped. We basically had three options:   A) fight our way out    B ) leave the server  or   C) Wait them out.   We tried C for a little bit, and were going to wait a bit longer outside of the trader area, not knowing how large the protection zone was is what got us killed.

I'm not a fan of spawning into a trader city because of this very reason.

What server was this? Would love to kill some trader campers!! Also agree with that spawning into a trader city is not my cup of tea. I think shore spawns would be interesting on Altis. But then again with traders being more in the middle of the map it seems like less of a good idea.