Beginners guide to Arma 3 Epoch

ImSoEnigma

I'd like to see if everyone would like to start a helpful thread to where and how someone can find every item be specific or regular such a simple building part spawn to a specific weapon spawn I think everyone could use abit of help with Epoch for Arma 3.

I have a couple of questions like where do you find the multigun or toolkit?
How do you find zombies and some if not all of the paranormal events?

How do you find the trader that sells a specific vehicle/heli or is it random?

What are the purposes of the dog, helpful or harmful?

Everything spawns randomly, you can find a multigun almost anywhere loot spawns, it's just it has a % chance to spawn.

There are no zombies.  Afaik cultists only spawn at night.  Sappers usually find you when you are dirty or when you kill another player, they also have a chance to randomly spawn.  AI will spawn if you are spotted by an UAV, it is possible to spawn a UAV by shooting a orange dot trader.  UAV's also fly around randomly in towns.  Dogs are everywhere and they don't spawn as an event, they just spawn no matter what.

Traders only stock what other players have sold to them.

The dog can be tamed by dropping raw meat on the floor.  It'll kill snakes and bark when other players/antagonists are close by.  If you do not feed the dog it'll eventually turn on you.

Hope that helped.

If you have played any epoch before, the concept is the same.... Avoid players until you can kill players. Then play how you want. I am not familiar enough with the specifics of Arma 3 Epoch to tell you what loot spawns where, however I could give some quick tips for finding loot. Remember, the game is in early Alpha so major game mechanics like loot spawn can be changed very drastically.

Generally speaking, you can find weapons, food, clothes... anywhere inside buildings (In the searchable furniture such as bed, wardrobes, gun cases, etc.). More than where in the map you are, it seems that certain type of loot tends to come out of the same types of funiture; example, Metal Cabinets and Gun Cases have spawned more guns for me than refrigerators and wardrobes.

Cars seem to spawn randomly around the towns, our group had a helicopter at one point (Which was spawned in by admin for server event) and we saw quite a few vehicles as we flew around; which only includes sedans, pick-up trucks, and other civilian vehicles. We did not find anything past civilian grade vehicles that spawned in.

Obviously military bases are going to have the best chance for vests, helmets, and military grade weapons, I found quite a bit of food and explosives too... Just can't seem to find pants.

So far, every trader can buy/sell anything, and tends to have a basic set of items when spawned in. However, when you sell something like a gun, ammo, or food to the trader it becomes a part of that trader's "stock" and other players can then buy it with krypto. (Note: You lose your Krypto when you die)