Lock Base? Open Serverfiles?

maddingamer

Hey guys :) I learned from some videos how to build my base. Well, if i built my base, is there an option to "save" my base? So no other player can took my base an move it/ parts of it?

And the second thing: 

There are many servers hosted with cracked serverfiles. Isn't it easier to publish the serverfiels, because if sb wants to host his own server, he can do. So why don't publish these files? :) (Or if not, when will it be? )

Thank you :)

Maddin

I would say that if they released the server files now, it would have to be to people who applied and then interviewed with the devs.  They'd have to sign a contract agreeing to host a 100000000% vanilla epoch server along with serious (lawsuit legal repercussions) if they released the server files.  Plus any other terms and conditions.

They are still in the midst of developing the mod. Keeping the server files tightly close to the Devs, allows the devs to monitor the servers, regulate the servers for any bugs and such.

When the mod reaches 0.5 it will be more stable. The Devs don't want to give out the server files with a bunch of bugs and what not. They want to give out the server files when they are stable. Even when they do allow for server files to be released - they have requirements. 

I would say that if they released the server files now, it would have to be to people who applied and then interviewed with the devs.  They'd have to sign a contract agreeing to host a 100000000% vanilla epoch server along with serious (lawsuit legal repercussions) if they released the server files.  Plus any other terms and conditions.

So the devs have to stop working and start interviewing people. They have to go to a lawyer to protect there code and to make a contract. If somebody breaks the contract they have to find out who did it and start a lawsuit. Do you donate? 

Ah ok thank you :) 

And yes, i know that they are stolen files, but sb said on 0.1.5 (when it first should get public alpha) the server files will be published too... but now its on 0.1.3 open alpha, so why not publishing the server files? 

They are on version 0.1.0.3.  0.1.5.0 is a ways away.

The mod is under Creative Commons License. You can freely modify the files as you wish, you just can't redistribute or use for commercial use. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode