Skin custom loadout disappearing?

Mr.Bojangles

Question

Good evening community,

I belong to a server that offers custom loadouts for players. I've requested a certain skin as my custom loadout and when I log in the skin is there but if the server resets or if for any reason I have to relog when I come back into the game the skin has disappeared and been replaced but the standard fresh spawn skin.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a fix for it? Unfortunately I'm not privy to the script code at this time the server owner(s) are using but if anyone has any suggestions or can post up the script string they are using that'd be immensely helpful.

8 answers to this question

Good evening community,

I belong to a server that offers custom loadouts for players. I've requested a certain skin as my custom loadout and when I log in the skin is there but if the server resets or if for any reason I have to relog when I come back into the game the skin has disappeared and been replaced but the standard fresh spawn skin.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a fix for it? Unfortunately I'm not privy to the script code at this time the server owner(s) are using but if anyone has any suggestions or can post up the script string they are using that'd be immensely helpful.

Shouln't they be asking that? xD

They need to add the skin name to AllPlayers variable in variables.sqf

It's very common for custom loadouts to stop working properly when the server comes under heavy load. We have various admin and clan loadouts for skins and often towards the end of a restart window they will fail to load in, usually suiciding will resolve it.

Most of the threads for custom loadouts have similar complaints.

It's very common for custom loadouts to stop working properly when the server comes under heavy load. We have various admin and clan loadouts for skins and often towards the end of a restart window they will fail to load in, usually suiciding will resolve it.

Most of the threads for custom loadouts have similar complaints.

strange, should not affect anything?

what code u use to assign loadout skins?

We're now using this, having the check has reduced the problem significantly.

waitUntil {(getPlayerUID player) != ""};
_loadList = [
"xx"
];
_lpID = getPlayerUID player;

/* Admin Loadout */

if ((_lpID in ["xx"]) && (_lpID in _loadList)) then {
DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemGoldBar2oz","Skin_Soldier1_DZ"];
DefaultWeapons = ["M9SD","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch","ItemKnife","Itemtoolbox","ItemCrowbar","Itemetool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemRadio"];
DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
DefaultBackpackItems = ["PartGeneric","PartGeneric","PartEngine","PartFueltank"];
DZE_defaultSkin = [["Skin_Soldier1_DZ"],["Skin_SurvivorWdesert_DZ"]];
};

Previously it just looked like

if (getPlayerUID player in ["xx"]) then {
	DefaultMagazines = ["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemGoldBar2oz","Skin_Soldier1_DZ"];
	DefaultWeapons = ["M9SD","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemGPS","ItemWatch","ItemKnife","Itemtoolbox","ItemCrowbar","Itemetool","ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemRadio"];
	DefaultBackpack = "DZ_Backpack_EP1";
	DefaultBackpackItems = ["PartGeneric","PartGeneric","PartEngine","PartFueltank"];
	DZE_defaultSkin = [["Skin_Soldier1_DZ"],["Skin_SurvivorWdesert_DZ"]];
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

[] execVM "scripts\loadout.sqf";

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
	_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	

Yeah this is what I have. Like I said it works much more reliably this way, but still fails on occasion.