Storage capacity

expert_vision

Question

Vehicles, tents, etc storage capacity is determined by 3 limits: maximum number of ammunition, weapons and backpacks.

What does the maximum number of backpacks represent? Does it reffer to maximum number of empty backpacks you can store in a vehicle/tent?

If so, how do you even do that? Because I can't pick up a backpack as an item, I can only equip it on the character and that's it.

5 answers to this question

You can transfer a packpack from your back directly to safes/tents/vehicles/storage. Most storage components can carry several packpacks, this is the third number in the 10/50/10 typical listing. 

You can drop a full backpack on the ground and it will remain until everyone leaves the area or a cleanup process catches it. I use this often to transfer backpacks around.

You can place full backpacks in safes and vehicles *I THINK* until restart, when the backpack content is wiped. 

When i had missions running on my server i used to drive round with a car full of bags to increase the mount of guns i could carry. Deff works fine untill restarts. Wont last after as there nothing in the db to store it

I do the same thing with my chopper. It has a capacity of 10/50/10. I keep 10 coyote packs in it when doing missions so I can carry 60 rifles before I have to RTB or sell them. You just have to make sure the packs are all empty before a restart, or the contents go poof.