Players Stuck on Loading Character Data Please Wait

Furroh

Question

5 answers to this question

You're missing the PBO Prefix file in your server PBO.  Take a stock server PBO and copy out of it the files that you need to edit.  DO NOT unpack the whole PBO.  Make the edits to the files that you need to and then copy and paste the files back into the server PBO in their correct locations.  PBO Manager will allow you to copy and paste files to and from the PBO without having to unpack the whole file.  That should fix the majority of the issues.  Try that and report back afterwards once you see where you stand.  I'll follow up with you in the morning.

You're missing the PBO Prefix file in your server PBO.  Take a stock server PBO and copy out of it the files that you need to edit.  DO NOT unpack the whole PBO.  Make the edits to the files that you need to and then copy and paste the files back into the server PBO in their correct locations.  PBO Manager will allow you to copy and paste files to and from the PBO without having to unpack the whole file.  That should fix the majority of the issues.  Try that and report back afterwards once you see where you stand.  I'll follow up with you in the morning.

It's up! Thank you so much! I didn't even think about this.

Glad to help!  For some reason starting around version 1.3 PBO Manager started randomly dropping the PBOPrefix file when repacking.  If you look at it it appears to be there, but for some reason the system can't see it.  So you get around that particular bug by doing the copy/paste thing.  Works like a charm!  I haven't unpacked and repacked a PBO in almost a year.  :P

So c

Glad to help!  For some reason starting around version 1.3 PBO Manager started randomly dropping the PBOPrefix file when repacking.  If you look at it it appears to be there, but for some reason the system can't see it.  So you get around that particular bug by doing the copy/paste thing.  Works like a charm!  I haven't unpacked and repacked a PBO in almost a year.  :P

Can I just pack it but with like a value of \z\dayz_code\whatever so it redirects like that?

You can pack it with whatever prefix (file path) you like as long as all the various paths in the different scripts point to the right files.  But that could be a ton of work depending on which files you edit.  Your best bet though is to just follow a general procedure of copy/paste into and out of the PBOs as you make edits to individual files.  There's way less chance of mistakes being made that way.