Best DayZ Epoch Server Host

DayZRE

DayZ.st

Vilayer

HFB

Survival Server

I Only Tryed DayZ.st they was awesome although you couldn't spawn Vehicles and couldn't edit loadouts but easy to use and cheap

Can someone tell me whats The BEST Server Host for Epoch?

1.Map (Spawn Vehicles Edit loadout)

2.Good Updates (Atleast 2 to 3 days after update release they update)

3.Easy to use 

4.Scripts (Not really needed I can do my own scripts just good to be lazy Lol if they can do the scripts for you.Add them to your server.Also some type of admin control like spawning vehicles and teleporting.

Budget is 40 Usd for a 50 slot

Forget HFB their service and TOS are crap and bullshit...

Dayz.ST is great if you dont care about the downtime cause they get ddos alots!

SurvivalServers great server but slow service and runned by kids.

Vilayer probably the best host out there but more expensive... 

• 2 weeks later...

Look @ Strato prices too , cheap and good :)

Dont waste money on those other hosts, unless you dont know what you're doing.

Yeah i agree, instead of paying unnecessary "dayz host sites" and always wait for them to do something and fix stuff, its easy to learn and add anything , i mean mostly everything u get wrong with ur server it can be found a fix in a few seconds/minutes on google , from be kicks to script errors/ not working.

But w/e its everyone's choice i guess , simple is better but not for everyone , some like a challange and want to learn stuff :)

• 3 weeks later...

and how do I make the Dedicated server or VPS public meaning that it show up in the dayz commander server browser?

Do I have to list it or something?

Thanks for the idea I will try it. :D

You just install the Epoch client + server and start it with the arma server (look in the Epoch wiki), it will be listed automatically because ArmA uses gamespy.com master servers.. :)

I would try it on your local computer, if you can run DayZ you can alos run a DayZ server (+DayZ eventually to test it), the only difference with a root server is you have a fast network connection what is not easy to get at home! So a dedicated root server is just a computer hosted in a data center, nothing that special... in case you didn't know that  :D

Maybe you did forget to create "combined operations" which you need for DayZ, so if you're usuing Steam you need to merge Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to get ArmA 2 Combined Operations.

You just need to copy the content of the Arma 2\AddOns folder to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Common that should do it, you can also try to copy the whole AddOns folder to Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead but merging that works well and I did it many times! :)

So, for an Epoch server that has traffic in the 20's and may occasionally touch 30-35, will a dual core dedi box (VPS) be acceptable for starting?  Thinking about starting with a dual and then moving to a quad core if/when traffic is consistently higher.

As far as i know DayZ/ArmA server only uses 2 threads for most stuff so I run Epoch on a quad core and start the server with 4 threads (-cpucount=4 -exthreads=4) but it only uses 2 cores most of the time so I guess you should be fine. But it will use some CPU power so it depends what dual core you are using.. I don't know what exactely you mean with traffic but DayZ uses a lot of network traffic, for 20-30 players it is around 20-30 Mb/s so around 8 TB traffic per month if my calculations are correct, thats some traffic lol, seems high but at leats battleeye debug monitors tells me those values if i have arounnd 30 players playing.   :P

DayZ.st

Vilayer

HFB

Survival Server

I Only Tryed DayZ.st they was awesome although you couldn't spawn Vehicles and couldn't edit loadouts but easy to use and cheap

Can someone tell me whats The BEST Server Host for Epoch?

1.Map (Spawn Vehicles Edit loadout)

2.Good Updates (Atleast 2 to 3 days after update release they update)

3.Easy to use 

4.Scripts (Not really needed I can do my own scripts just good to be lazy Lol if they can do the scripts for you.Add them to your server.Also some type of admin control like spawning vehicles and teleporting.

Budget is 40 Usd for a 50 slot

I'm currently looking at hosts and ServivalServers caught my eye until I got on their site and noticed that live chat is rarely online. They also advertise this $25 monthly thing for the life of your server but then when you go to add to cart you have to pay an additional $3/mo to debrand the server, then if you want them to manage the server with restarts and installing stuff that's an additional $8.50/mo so then it comes to $41.50/mo and if you use the save5 code you get $5 off for good, so it brings it down to $36.50/mo. That's a joke.

The server I play on runs dayz.st and while they have got ddossed once since I've been playing(a week today). They haven't had problems in nearly 5-6 days. They're not bad priced at all either and I hear that the tech support is good. I may add that I'm going to have another person setup the server unless they will do it for me if I buy the server. I'm going to be getting all the config files from a friend. One thing I will test first is their response time to e-mails.

Dayzpriv I was curious about but one thing I can honestly say I don't like is that I e-mailed them at 4 something a.m.(Central Time) and I did not get a reply back until right at 2 hours later. While I might add that Oregon is 2 hours behind me, 4pm is still 2pm, and that's still quite slow to respond to a couple of simple questions. What I'll probably do is send another email or two with questions and see how they respond because it may of just been a busy day. Though if it's the same then I'll avoid them. I like having live support personally because you don't have to wait. One awesome thing is that you can try their service for three days for free and if you don't like them you can drop them without hassle, so that's a great seller.

HFB I've read so many bad things about and honestly not a single good thing. I hear their tech support doesn't know anything and that if you have issues with the server that it's an act of congress to get a refund because of their "billing cycle" bull they say. So to me I would just end up having to fight it through paypal and if that didn't work I would just dispute the claim on my credit card. So that makes me avoid them all together.

I wouldn't bother with vilayer because their prices are in Euros and that's more than the dollar so it would end up being the most expensive option for me.

Then I seen somebody say verthosting. I'm curious to email them once I figure out the time zone difference to see how long it takes them to get back to me. To me it's all about customer service and quick to respond and quick to resolve issues. While I can get somebody to do most of the work for me I want to know that if I need help that somebody will be there. Also, just to add they have some awesome scripts from the look on their site with the triple anti hack thing or w/e it's called.

So as of now these are the way I rate the hostings you've mentioned:

1.) Dayz.st (Has nice free features)

2.) Verthosting (Strictly basing this off their features and reviews)

3.) Dayzpriv (Could be #2 but I've had the 12 hour delayed email response, and it almost took the #2 spot because of the free 3 day trial)

4.) Vilayer (Has good reviews, but I don't deal with Euros)

5-9.) I'm sure they are other hosts out there that are much better than SS, so they take the 5-9 spots.

10.) ServivalServers (Cheap until you add the options like server restarting($$) which is included in places like dayz.st for free, and then the $3/mo debrand is another rip off. It's just a way to make more money but appear cheaper at first. So honestly, I'd simply label them as a scam because places that try to be shady like this and sell features that other hostings include for free should get a life)

Like this is how pathetic I think SS are. If they were to do $10/mo forever I wouldn't even buy it. That's even if the other places went up to $50/mo. I live by a simple saying in life that when I blacklist a company it stays there. Also SS reminds me of multiplaygameservers with that ignorant branding stuff, because if a company has to sit there and charge you to debrand a server to get additional money because it can't get money without having to brand their servers then that alone speaks for their service or rather lack of.

Ah, it won't let me edit it, but this is the email I sent dayzpriv.

If I were to purchase a server from you, would you guys help me load Epoch on it?

Also do you have anything like live support or how would I speak to you if I have issues? I didn't see a live chat button and I don't see a phone number either.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Now this is the email I got in reply:

DayZ Priv
4:26 PM (12 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

to me

Neal,
 All support is done through tickets in the support area and when we set up servers you have access to all the files and mods are installed.
Thanks,
Jon

That took 12 hours to reply to that, and he never even fully answered my question if he would help load Epoch on it. He simply stated that I have access to all the files and mods are installed which I took as I have to install them but I have access to whatever. That kinda threw me off.

Now I just emailed verthosting the same question:

4:34 AM (6 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

to admin

If I were to purchase a server from you, would you guys help me load Epoch on it?
Also do you have anything like live support or how would I speak to you if I have issues? I didn't see a live chat button and I don't see a phone number either.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Now look at the time stamp on that, and this was the fastest reply I've ever gotten:

4:35 AM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

to me

Mr. Codere,

We do preinstall maps and mods as part of our initial set up for customers, and so can have Epoch 1.0.2.5 loaded for you.

We do have a Skype account for support: verthosting

That was the fastest reply ever, I mean literally within a minute, holy crap. They even said he installs everything for me. Yea so I will say that they've literally just jumped up ahead to #1 on my list. That's brilliant customer service.

Forget HFB their service and TOS are crap and bullshit...

I disagree wholeheartedly with this statement. we were hosted by DayZ.st for almost a year and got tired of the DDOS attacks and the pure lack of support. We purchased a HFB server and other than the initial delay in setup, have had 1 problem with them in the past 3 months. I like the CP, I like that the setup is on me and that I can make changes to the hive.ini without having to create a ticket and wait on someone to "look" into it. add into that that fact that we are paying for 2 HFP servers for less than we were paying for 2 DayZ.st servers, it makes HFB a winner in my book, hands down.

I have not tried any of the other server hosts to be able to add input on them. I do know that I will NEVER go back to DayZ.st, or any other host that does not give full file access. My next move will be to a dedicated box...

@xrxex I would't choose a hoster on the fact that their support is a littler faster or not.. lol

Iinstalling default epoch can be done completely automated, if you want to use custom mods/scripts I doubt that any server hoster will help you with that!

We've used HFB and their service is good for the price, but HFB has great performance, they run DayZ server on high end servers and not like 20 servers on 1 nmachine like DayZ.st is doing so they have very poor performance you need to know! With HFB you get access to all files, the complete Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to do what you want! (well I don't know what they will do if you change the player slots or debrand the server but YOU can just do that if you wanted to lol).

Anyway think about what you pay for the server and what a service technician costs an hour... just saying for proper service you will have to pay a lot more money! :)

We only changed from HFB to a real dedicated root server for 1 reason, we got hacked a lot with DDoS attacks like 1-2 times every days so 2h+ downtime for our server was just to much.. that may not be HFBs fault, they anwered my ticket with something like "they can redirect my problem to the DC (data center) but its unlikely they ca do much about it if we are hit with massive DDoS...", just so many hacker kids out therey we banne dlike 10-20 people every day from the server and some want revenge and try to DDoS the server form outside then! :/

I recommend staying away from DayZPriv.  Seems like they had a good reputation in the past,but are going downhill quickly.  We are over two weeks out from 1.0.2.4 and all servers are still running 1.0.2.3.  There have been several of us begging for communication and status updates on their facebook page, but they all they continue to say is "We've finished development of our new server manager and have begun prepping servers for updating"...that was 3 days ago.  I think they are about to have an exodus of server owners due to the horrible communication they've given over Epoch lately.

With their current FB postings, they remind me of American politicians; answering a question I didn't ask; giving me something I didn't ask for; NOT giving me what I DID ask for; and just flat out ignoring what their customers (constituents) are saying.

We are in the process of switching to VertHosting as I type this.

and supposedly, the financier and boss of DayZPriv is the one who's been doing PR on FB.  When I asked about some sort of compensation (maybe a free month), he told me that was above his level of authority.  Even called himself a "lowly PR guy".  If this turns out o be true, could be quite damaging for Priv.

Edit:  And now someone has posted a link to the Oregon state business registry showing this "lowly PR guy" to be the head of G40Hosting (DayZPriv).  Ouch...

We had a dual core nfo box to start out. I mostly got it so I could do arma 2 and arma 3 missions. We decided to then do 2 epoch servers. We stress out our pve like crazy. Since Arma is so intense on cpu, we noticed our dual core ran at 100% cpu load all the time. We shut down our pvp server, and the cpu ran at about 90%. So we upgraded to a triple core box. Now our cpu load never tops 80% with two servers running.

I asked the NFO customer support why their setup page says a dual core box can host over 2 game servers, but ours ran 100% cpu load. They replied back that Arma is the exception because it is so dependent on cpu. Triple core, we havent had any issues. Dual core, we could barely run one epoch server.

@xrxex I would't choose a hoster on the fact that their support is a littler faster or not.. lol

Iinstalling default epoch can be done completely automated, if you want to use custom mods/scripts I doubt that any server hoster will help you with that!

We've used HFB and their service is good for the price, but HFB has great performance, they run DayZ server on high end servers and not like 20 servers on 1 nmachine like DayZ.st is doing so they have very poor performance you need to know! With HFB you get access to all files, the complete Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to do what you want! (well I don't know what they will do if you change the player slots or debrand the server but YOU can just do that if you wanted to lol).

Anyway think about what you pay for the server and what a service technician costs an hour... just saying for proper service you will have to pay a lot more money! :)

We only changed from HFB to a real dedicated root server for 1 reason, we got hacked a lot with DDoS attacks like 1-2 times every days so 2h+ downtime for our server was just to much.. that may not be HFBs fault, they anwered my ticket with something like "they can redirect my problem to the DC (data center) but its unlikely they ca do much about it if we are hit with massive DDoS...", just so many hacker kids out therey we banne dlike 10-20 people every day from the server and some want revenge and try to DDoS the server form outside then! :/

I'm not saying choose them based on how quickly they respond, but that should be a major factor. I know a few people who use vert and are extremely happy, plus Axle even recommended them. If I need help or something and the people take hours on hours or days to respond, then what is the point of hosting with them? I've heard many horror stories with HFB with trying to get refund because of lack of support and stuff among that. Then what I even think potentially proves my point is their TOS:

Game Services

We reserve the right at any time to move or load balance your game server due to changing stock levels. This only applies to game services that do NOT offer a dedicated IP. If you are on a game service that you have paid for a dedicated IP and you are load balanced or moved then we will compensate you with up but not exceeding 1 month of service as a credit to your account with HFBServers LLC. Any attempts to file paypal disputes or chargebacks as a result of a move or load balance will result in the immediate termination of your service and you authorize HFBServers LLC to attempt to collect this debt in the future. You also agree that you will Not attempt to slander or post negative reviews for HFBServers LLC on any online medium including but not limited to review websites, game forums, clan forums, youtube videos and more as a result of a move or load balance.

For starters, if they move you to a box and you started seeing service issues and they wouldn't let you cancel and so instead you file a dispute and they state they could cancel, instead of at least honoring the fact you did pay. That's pretty crappy. Then the whole collect this debt in the future is total bs, because a.) They don't have your ss#, so that would just mean some phone calls. Then all you do is put yourself on the DO NOT CALL list and ask them to stop calling if they don't then that's harassment :). Not to mention as I said before it won't even go on any type of a credit thing, so it's just them being ignorant. The thing that really gets me though is that you agree not to slander or post negative reviews for HFB. Why? Do they not want other people to know if they had negative issues with HFB? That's like trying to cover up the truth, and while I'm not saying everybody has issues with them but I know a lot of people do. Personally regarding the TOS I'd probably call them if I had a phone # and tell them what I think of them. Also on the vert statement, I asked if they would help with custom scripts and he said they would give me a hand as long as it's not something too complicated. I would be getting all the scripts from a friend server to transfer over and I just want them to show me what to change to edit trader prices and to install them. So I already talked to them in advance with this.

Stick with dayz.st easiest to use and free DDos protection. They have the best custom control panel out of them all. As for any of them adding scripts for you that work good luck with that.

While the server I play on is hosted by dayz.st I can tell you the DDoS protection is complete bs. The server that I play on must be on a shared box with a server that is getting hit. Because the server will randomly start to desync. So whatever DDoS protection they offer is complete bs. They do also crowd boxes and I can tell you from playing on diff DayZ servers now that I've noticed that Dayz.st servers aren't as fast as the others.

All in all I like HFB prices, but I don't want to waste my time with them but I may still take a chance just to see how their service is but I want to speak to one of them in advance so I know first hand how quickly they respond and what not. I'll post my honest review as well if I do get them. Then I like verthosting because their service from what I've seen. I just want to avoid having to pay $30 for a server that won't be highly populated.