Best DayZ Epoch Server Host

DayZRE

ive been using vert hosting since i started fiddling with Epoch, i can strongly recommend them if you can live with the off hours that their customer service is answering emails.

The best part of vert hosting really is their service, ive been allowed to add alot of stuff through them, dll's and binary files just to name a few.

• 3 months later...

ive been using vert hosting since i started fiddling with Epoch, i can strongly recommend them if you can live with the off hours that their customer service is answering emails.

The best part of vert hosting really is their service, ive been allowed to add alot of stuff through them, dll's and binary files just to name a few.

Spectrez, do you still dig Vert as a host? I'm in the market now for a new one. Dayz.st was fine to start with but has serious performance issues and no tech support at all. Looked into Vert after reading your post, looks pretty good from the outside. 

Spectrez, do you still dig Vert as a host? I'm in the market now for a new one. Dayz.st was fine to start with but has serious performance issues and no tech support at all. Looked into Vert after reading your post, looks pretty good from the outside. 

I do, James is the best at CS. He's on skype daily at normal hours for New Zealand. He is a great guy and gets my money whenever I can throw it at him. By far my favorite and now only host I will use.

I'm currently using xstreamgaming and to be honest I found them pretty good control panel is simple when you get used to where everything is and the pings good for myself so far no downtime and if I submit a ticket in business hours then I get a reply usually wothin an hour . Another good thing about them is you can add a script repack from the mod menu which you can turn off and on certain scripts at will which saved a lot of hassle especially as I remember putting bluephronix on dayz st

I have had a dayz.st server but found it restricting and too much down time.

I'm using Vilayer.  Up until recently I've had no complaint with performance or support.  However, since Stand alone was released their support has gone downhill considerably.  I have a few tickets that have gone unanswered for over a week now and they still haven't put 1.0.4.1 up.

• 2 weeks later...

With the fall of DayzPriv I found myself shopping for a new host.I found 2 that seemed promising.One i had used before, Vert hosting.The other was new,but in my budget.XtremeGaming.com.I went with Xtreme as they promised me my 7000 object database would transfer without a hitch.It did just that!

But then it turned around and deleted 5000 items.Seems they have events in the database that are non user editable.They are all default as to what Eopch devs recommend.I have my server all set up to delete after 30 days,as many others do.They insisted that this was not the case and I did not know what I was doing.2 Year server owner here.Think I might know a thing or two.

After repeated attempts at creating my own events,which I was assured I could.I gave up.These are the worst of the worst.They are resellers.They have no actual technical knowledge.They play middleman to the actual hosts and lie .

I turned around and went to Vert and all went smooth and am still there. So to me if you do not want Dayz .ST, Vert is the next choice.Excellent response on tickets.PLUS they are actually helping the Epoch devs with servers to test on and some other things I believe.

As fer as XtremeGaming-DON'T!!!And paypal will not get your money back from them.So buyer Beware!

(Edit-Yes I did have the hive.ext set to 30 days)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What is special about Verthosting compared to the rest? I use HFB and never had any issues.

VertHosting is simply the best in form of costs/perfomance/acess/CS/Locations. I will NEVER EVER EVER use anyone else than VertHosting. And for New Zealand working hours they respond pretty fast.

I have used DayZ.st, Villayer, Survival Servers and currently run on XstreamGaming as I have found these to be the best in both performance and response time. Perhaps not as easy to use but more powerful, if you can get used to their cpanel, which ain't no hardship. I have been hosting servers for about 18 months.

Do you access VertHosting DayZ servers with DayZ Commander or DayZ Launcher. I was in the process of moving my servers from Survival Servers when my new provider switched to Steam. I know this is the future but I am looking for a good host that is still working on DayZ Commander, and I can get up and running today. (I was with DayZ.st for over a year and will never go back.)

Vert looks like the best choice if I can just confirm that players will be able to access my servers with DayZ Commander.

Do you access VertHosting DayZ servers with DayZ Commander or DayZ Launcher. I was in the process of moving my servers from Survival Servers when my new provider switched to Steam. I know this is the future but I am looking for a good host that is still working on DayZ Commander, and I can get up and running today. (I was with DayZ.st for over a year and will never go back.)

Vert looks like the best choice if I can just confirm that players will be able to access my servers with DayZ Commander.

You have access to pretty much every patch including 112555 which works with commander.

DayZ.st

Vilayer

HFB

Survival Server

I Only Tryed DayZ.st they was awesome although you couldn't spawn Vehicles and couldn't edit loadouts but easy to use and cheap

Can someone tell me whats The BEST Server Host for Epoch?

1.Map (Spawn Vehicles Edit loadout)

2.Good Updates (Atleast 2 to 3 days after update release they update)

3.Easy to use 

4.Scripts (Not really needed I can do my own scripts just good to be lazy Lol if they can do the scripts for you.Add them to your server.Also some type of admin control like spawning vehicles and teleporting.

Budget is 40 Usd for a 50 slot

Ok, Dayz.st is horrible.

Vilayer, is a bit complicated, but a good service.

I have one server in Survival Servers, and I love them. SO easy to edit everything.

• 4 weeks later...

Survival Servers has a section called "addons" where you can select community addons that have been released FOR FREE through these forums and other such places and charge you INDIVIDUALLY (though only once) per each of them. Prices range from 10 to 20 dollars (sometimes even more).

HOW... HOW is this acceptable? I get people charging other people for their help in setting up their servers, but this is OUTRAGEOUS. Are the creators of these mods getting a cut? This is immoral to a degree I didn't fathom possible... I felt bad asking a guy to buy me a 10 dollar game on Steam in exchange of setting up his server with all of these mods... and these guys are charging HUNDREDS of dollars (besides whatever they charge for the server itself) for doing it? I mean... REALLY, look at this:

Untitled.jpg

How the hell is this even allowed?

Up until today I hated DayZ.st the most. Currently, you CAN'T play with their DEFAULT files because they are screwed up. This means that even in their vanilla setup (at least for Epoch Lingor) you can't use your server. But now, after finding out about this... I think Survival Servers takes the cake.

Recommend Vilayer and GTX Gaming.

• 1 month later...

Ok, Dayz.st is horrible.

Vilayer, is a bit complicated, but a good service.

I have one server in Survival Servers, and I love them. SO easy to edit everything.

do you still like survival server ?? they are verry cheap. it kinda scares me..

I have had

dayz.st (verry simple and easy for beginners)

hfb (  wasnt too impressed. but I was used to the ease of dayz.st

Vilayer ( huge difference, Verry Fast loading of my 5MB mission file. have had a few horrible database issues with em) still use em

Vert ( currrently trying them. I was able to get zuppas coin system on it with no issues. loadtime for missionfile is SLOWWW. limited control panel tools.

now im thinking trying another just for fun.  yes fun (I find adding scripts is more fun than actually playing)

so go cheap and try survival  or  

go expensive and try gtx

have I missed anyone ????

I recommend FastPointGaming, they have One Click Mod Installs for Free, £15 for 40 slot DayZ Servers, Free InfiSTAR tools and much much more! They're great...

Their customer support is fast and helpful too! They actually help!

Www.fastpointgaming.com 

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18997-quality-dayz-server-hosting-fastpointgamingcom-new-company/

I recommend FastPointGaming, they have One Click Mod Installs for Free, £15 for 40 slot DayZ Servers, Free InfiSTAR tools and much much more! They're great...

Their customer support is fast and helpful too! They actually help!

Www.fastpointgaming.com 

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18997-quality-dayz-server-hosting-fastpointgamingcom-new-company/

thankz...

that overpoch origins looks interesting.

I may wait until I see that is an option

loose 1 point for 

Full FTP Access (Excluding DLL Files)

• 2 months later...

I am thinking of starting a dayz server.  I am new to server making and want to try it out. 

Looking over dayz st's wiki they look pretty easy to use.  However some of what I read is they are not that good.  That was from july, have they gotten any better? 

I am also looking at fastpointgaming.  However I don't see any pics/walkthoughs on there site to get a idea of how easy they are to use.  How good is fastpoint, and for a server newbe would you suggest dayz st or fastpoint?

Thanks mike

Vert Hosting is my favorite. I've tried a lot of different hosts for Dayz Epoch and Vert has been the best so far.

Did Vert ever add the ability to modify your Server/Mission files on the server while it is running, so the server would pack and use them on restart?  That ability is the main reason I have ended up with Vilayer. (No need to be there at restart or do extra restarts in order to make changes).  I've had servers with ST, Survival, Vert and Vilayer over the past couple of years.

If I was starting out as a new person to DayZ mod servers, I would go with Survival for the ease of use and cheap price. If you have a good amount of experience setting up a dayZ mod server (Not the simple panel Survival and ST use) and/or are willing to go through a steep learning curve, then I would go with Vilayer. (Vert is also very good but gives you a little less control than Vilayer, and you can't change your files while the server is running. ) 

Did Vert ever add the ability to modify your Server/Mission files on the server while it is running, so the server would pack and use them on restart?  That ability is the main reason I have ended up with Vilayer. (No need to be there at restart or do extra restarts in order to make changes).  I've had servers with ST, Survival, Vert and Vilayer over the past couple of years.

If I was starting out as a new person to DayZ mod servers, I would go with Survival for the ease of use and cheap price. If you have a good amount of experience setting up a dayZ mod server (Not the simple panel Survival and ST use) and/or are willing to go through a steep learning curve, then I would go with Vilayer. (Vert is also very good but gives you a little less control than Vilayer, and you can't change your files while the server is running. ) 

No you still have to stop the server to upload changes. The only thing I didn't like about Vilayer was the horrid response time to tickets. There were times where I waited several days for replies. Other than that, their system was good. Vert responds promptly, you have access to everything you could need and often goes above and beyond what you'd expect a server host to do.They have support via Skype and they monitor their Twitter account, so if a ticket's been sitting a while, you can hit them up on Twitter and they will usually get to it as soon as they get the message.