Summer or winter . . .

falconsan

Would be nice, however i think it is difficult to leave footsteps in the snow, or traces of blood when someone is shot, and imagine all the sounds from walking on snow. You may also want white trees, and snow on roofs. And who would clear the roads in a Zombie apocalypse?

It's just a experiment. Trees etc. are finished. The snow on the roofs or roads are thawed. :)

I realy would like the Map as Summer and Winter Version, this way you could simulate Seasons in Epoch :D

I had this plan a long time ago, but could not find a Map which exists as Summer and Winter. I realy would love to realize this Idea including other effect like cars that cant be started, because the battery is empty etc :D

Yes it is. I use the Dynamic weather from here at my server  and i have snow, cold and fog similar to namalsk. Its from the guy who made Namalsk, i think.

I have made the mission and servertemplates for Sauerland Winter Edition, so that you can use the map instantly with Epoch. This night, i will upload the map and missionfiles to my homepage and Developmentserver.

Tipp: you can use/migrate your old database from sauerland if you change from summer to winter, so that no one must build his base again. 

Here som Pictures from the Weathereffects. Pics are  from Oberdorf, Oberdorf-zoo and Fahrenbrecht freeway:

190_winterEd_15.jpg

190_winterEd_16.jpg

190_WinterEd_17.jpg

The green clutter at  the last picture are mini pinetrees. To many, but i will adjust them in the uploaded version.

regards

Awesome! :D Fantastic job falconsan. 

After uploading (8 hrs) have i seen, that some trees are standing on the roads. (F..Insert scary word here..ck). Sorry for that.

I will fix this instantly this night and upload it in the next 48 hrs.

regards

I realy like the Winter Map :D

Sorry for Off-Topic why don't you sign your addons?

- Well yeah every Serveradmin could self sign them, but in this case every user had to download the signature files...

The map is a part of Epoch, so that VbaWol sign the release versions with the Epoch Bikeys if they release any updates.

I have signed the files and you can download the keys on my homepage. I hope that they working.

Download link?  :)

here: http://www.dayz-sauerland.com   :)

regards

falconsan

DAYZ WINTER EDITION
BETA TEST SERVER 
81.169.209.193:2302