Epoch Linux 1.0.5.1 (Steam update)

devd

Steam>app_update 33900 validate
ERROR! Failed to install app '33900' (No subscription)

Hm, is this a second arma2 version (US or something)?

Steam>app_update 219540 beta112555 validate
ERROR! Failed to install app '219540' (Invalid platform)

--> ah ok. This cannot be downloaded individually.

@Devd: could you explain a bit more about the changes and what the advantage here is?

I mean...why does the mission file need to be updated (I guess that nobody wants to install all the scripts again).

Why the dayz_server.pbo and why writer.pl (where I also did some changes)?

I hoped that this will now show up in DayZCommander again, but it does not. Maybe I have overseen something. But at the moment I feel more comfortable keeping my old server ,)

Yes, download works now. Seems to be another version. And the error was not related to setting the plattform to winddows. It's needed to download arma2oa and then 219540. You cannot download it alone. That was all.

I try now to setup a completely new server. I tried just downloading/copying the new files.

But what is the advantage? As I said: who wants to setup scripts and everything again, hm ;)

I just want to see if this version (which claims to be the steam version) helps to let the server show up in DayzCommander. If not, I do not need it. My server runs without expansion beta directory. So I did still not understand for what this might be needed.

EDIT:

I guess that this version does not run as it has been uploaded.

As this guy (-sc-) explains (or figured out) the key files are somehow not compatible with the server version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179830-Arma2oaserver-v1-63-125-402-problem-NetServer-finishDestroyPlayer

After I've deleted all keys in the /server/keys directory and just kept the dayz_epoch1051.bikey key file there, it worked to reach the lobby. You then get over 'Wait for Host' which stayed there for hours.

But after a short while the server just shuts down.

Can anyone confirm that this works for him? @Devd: did you have verifySignature = 0 in your config (which is a bad idea)??

EDIT2:

With dayz.bikey and dayz_vb.bikey additionally in the keys directory I can connect to the game.

Maybe some others can also be used....but at least 1 key file does not work here (don't know if any others are needed. As I can connect now, I guess not. Maybe also one of the 2 last ones I've added are not needed (dayz_vb.bikey?))).

I am to tired of testing this any further.

But I would still be very happy if you could explain a bit what has been changed. That does not need to be a complete changelog. But without any comment it's a real pain to figure out these errors.

I guess dayz_server.pbo has been changed to have english texts in it now only?

Great ;)

The writer json part is what I've commented out yesterday on my server to get female models to work. That's a good hint, then I can enable that again.

Maybe (if you have some time) you can confirm that the key files (at least one - maybe only the old dayz_epoch1042) are not ok with the server or/and that you had config option verifySignature = 0 enabled.

Everybody should set this to 2. Otherwise any mod (with bad code in it) can be used on the client....what, I guess, nobody wants ;)

Hm, whatever I'm trying I do not get my server shown in DayZCommander. But I can see a few others there. Don't know what they've configured differently.

If I install and launch steam (GUI) via an WIndows X server I do get rif of these messages:

[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so

But then the server shutsdown at the moment a player connects and the mission is being read (without any message).

If I do not launch steam GUI I am getting these 2 warning/error messages and I can connect.

But it never shows up in DZC. Any idea from someone where the server shows up in DZC?

Yes, I see it in DZ Launcher. Dean Reed already told me...but there I could not see it (maybe takes some time until it shows up there). Im wondering what's the difference between DZC and DZ Launcher.

I was in a discussion with the DZC developer, but we did not figure this out so far. But there are some servers which show up there (DZC). If you refresh the server list and search for linux (if not some server owner under windows just put 'Linux' into the hostname ,) ) you will see some > 10.

I was wondering about the modstring which is showing up if you put your mouse over such a Linux server entry in the list. I see nothing for my server. Also detectedMod string shows Dayz for my server and DayZEpoch for these Linux servers.

Yes, I see it in DZ Launcher. Dean Reed already told me...but there I could not see it (maybe takes some time until it shows up there). Im wondering what's the difference between DZC and DZ Launcher.

I was in a discussion with the DZC developer, but we did not figure this out so far. But there are some servers which show up there (DZC). If you refresh the server list and search for linux (if not some server owner under windows just put 'Linux' into the hostname ,) ) you will see some > 10.

I was wondering about the modstring which is showing up if you put your mouse over such a Linux server entry in the list. I see nothing for my server. Also detectedMod string shows Dayz for my server and DayZEpoch for these Linux servers.

Hmm interesting. maybe they found something in the old mission file from a gamespy version of dayzepoch and updated the dayzepoch them self? 

Reid ;) ahha

@Devd: could you explain a bit more about the changes and what the advantage here is?

I mean...why does the mission file need to be updated (I guess that nobody wants to install all the scripts again).

Why the dayz_server.pbo and why writer.pl (where I also did some changes)?

I hoped that this will now show up in DayZCommander again, but it does not. Maybe I have overseen something. But at the moment I feel more comfortable keeping my old server ,)

I think all that needs to be changed in the mission is 

DayZ_UseSteamID = true;

in the init.sqf

EDIT: Oops meant to edit last post

Hm, this is from the 1.0.5.2 changelog, right?

[NEW] Use DayZ_UseSteamID = false; in your init.sqf to use the old PlayerUID, instead of SteamID @icomrade (https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/CHANGE%20LOG%201.0.5.2.txt)

Sounds to me as if you could switch it off (with false), so that it's then on by default. But I will try, thanks for the hint.

And sorry...yes, Reid ;)

Hm, this is from the 1.0.5.2 changelog, right?

[NEW] Use DayZ_UseSteamID = false; in your init.sqf to use the old PlayerUID, instead of SteamID @icomrade (https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/CHANGE%20LOG%201.0.5.2.txt)

Sounds to me as if you could switch it off (with false), so that it's then on by default. But I will try, thanks for the hint.

And sorry...yes, Reid ;)

That is correct, thats the only change to do with Steam in the mission, it is optional, but I'm not sure of the repercussions Its called in the variables file  as on by default so unless you want to change it, you don't need to add it 

• 3 weeks later...