Supported A3 Addons/Mods

Njoi

Does epoch currently support third party addons? (ex: speed of sound audio addon) If so could we have a list of supported mods?

There's quite a few I'd love to try that are accepted on many MP servers. I'll repost a list of some of the more popular ones when I have access to my PC.

>2014
>still wanting to use jsrs in mp missions
>casual's

do a teeny bit of digging into jsrs just a google search , you'll understand.

blast core was awesome in a2

,that all said pretty sure these would just throw more errors that weren't related to the mod into the test period.
remember were testing not playing at the moment.

there will probably be plenty of servers running jsrs and all the other guardy stuff when files go public.

After seeing the video for TMR, I would love to see that implemented. That would clear up my biggest gripe with the Arma 3 engine.

As a former soldier, I hate the unnatural weapon sway.

Word!  I'm not a soldier, but I've done plenty of hunting, and when I started playing Arma 3 I was like, "whoa whoa wtf, the hells going on here?"  In Arma 2, all the soldiers were obviously out of shape and would have a heart attack after running 50m.  Arma 3, they're all drunk!  Either the developers have never really used rifles before or they wanted to implement some kind of realistic movement and was like THERE ITS MOVING ITS GOOD.  Dear god.

I don't know about you, but if I'm moving at all, it's usually more of a twitch than a sway... and it's not constant... I mean, I don't need to hold my breath to hit the broad side of an automobile factory, even if I am standing up...  I know there's a difference between a .30-06 and an automatic weapon, but come on.

I tried playing the campaign a couple weeks ago and I just found it unplayable because of this.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sauerland and Napf are especially designed or developed for epoch, you cant get the maps somewhere Else than the mod, except for the Sauerland Homepage. But even this Website refers or Links epoch.

Well, Not too important..

I just wish that Napf and Sauerland will get ported soon, cuz the were just fine!

As of Sauerland Its just crashing the game atm

There's no such thing as "unsupported" or "impossible" (to an extent, lol, Arma engine won't suck your dick just yet)  when it comes to this engine. It just comes down to knowledge and experience. If someone will decide to modify mod or add more mods to it, they can and they will. The only problem you are facing is distribution of modification and licencing (as well as permissions from authors).

Don't think that just crediting author is enough tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you all are confusing adding mods to Epoch with each server's permissions.   All mods are either client-side or server-side, never as part of the mod itself.

I'm sure EpochMod devs have no control over which addons are used other than to say no to all of them as they are not part of the actual Epoch code, and as such probably will not sanction any of them on official EpochMod servers.

That being said...SERVER owners may or may not add any or all of the mods mentioned when Epoch is at a stable release...that is up to them.

I know in the Mil-sim unit I'm a part of have specific mod and map packs they use, and have to constantly try and balance things for least amount of errors.  I may not be a coder, but I do know

from Mod-Devs' point of view, if it's not an intentional part of THEIR mod, use at own risk.