Heli Suggestion

DtpSlaya

A few friends and myself feel as if the Radar within heli's is in it's own way "OP" for the epoch game type...i personally feel as if it makes the stronger...well stronger... being able to fly around in a heli and just watch the radar for parked vehicles makes base building and hiding your vehicles near impossible... So i'm posting this to see how other's feel about this... i honestly think the radar should be removed....

You guys are just mad, theres alot of vehicles in Epoch and the ratio of them finding them at your base rather than just some were else is 100:1.

lol, this doesnt even make sense bro.

Radar is used to spot people actively in vehicles as they show up green.  Thermal is used as a scouting and spotting device when you have other team members on the ground persuing players.

Also its a hell of alot easier to find a random vehicle vs the one hidden in the reeds or under a tree at someones base.

Take notice that he only mentioned the thermal on the hellcat. Radar is likely staying.. as it would in any real chopper if found in the apocalypse. It's a common instrument in a helicopter and yes it's incredibly handy but its not nearly as OP as thermal. It's like saying, you should take the armor off the Vanaad because it's "op" and it is giving people who have one an unfair advantage. If you are lucky enough to find one, then you get to reap the benefits. Plain and simple really.

Take notice that he only mentioned the thermal on the hellcat. Radar is likely staying.. as it would in any real chopper if found in the apocalypse. It's a common instrument in a helicopter and yes it's incredibly handy but its not nearly as OP as thermal. It's like saying, you should take the armor off the Vanaad because it's "op" and it is giving people who have one an unfair advantage. If you are lucky enough to find one, then you get to reap the benefits. Plain and simple really.

Having a heli is benefit enough. In certain types of apocalypses, EMPs would be up and certain things would be down, causing issues with things like radar.

While we're at it, how about a Kanine Disintegration Bubble Field.

I don't know, if the radar only picks up movement, chances are they could spot you by eye anyways I'd imagine.  It would be one thing if the helis had rockets or machine guns.. none of the ones in have these do they?  If they do, then yeah that's pretty unfair.  If unarmed, I don't really see it being unfair.  If you're on the ground, you usually know a heli is nearby before the heli can have eyes on you, especially if they're moving a decent click.

While we're at it, how about a Kanine Disintegration Bubble Field.

I don't know, if the radar only picks up movement, chances are they could spot you by eye anyways I'd imagine.  It would be one thing if the helis had rockets or machine guns.. none of the ones in have these do they?  If they do, then yeah that's pretty unfair.  If unarmed, I don't really see it being unfair.  If you're on the ground, you usually know a heli is nearby before the heli can have eyes on you, especially if they're moving a decent click.

The point is the radar now shows not only movement but even empty cars hidden in garage, in a range of  2-4km. which makes sensless to try to keep and hide a transport, as long as it will be found in 20 minutes by heli. It's easier now to sell it before you leave than try to keep it.

I agree that the arma 3 radar needs to be removed as it is much more precise than arma 2 radar and a group with decent coordination can find pretty much everything on a open map like Altis and Stratis. In the other ''mod'' they had to remove it after a while because people who knew how to use this tool were raping the servers.

i could agree with when and if there are planes leaving ti on planes but helis which can land anywhere and at this stage in the game with no locking of car os lockable storage it should be gone from hellis 100% but i think planes wouldnt be to OP just for the simple fact if you see somethign youll have to go fly away come back on foot to have a look at it 

just my 2 cents 

Todd