Increasing Build Limit, Autorestock "script" for traders? Meaning of "Building Maitenance?

___MeRliN___

Question

Hello again guys, got a few more questions so we can finish the setup for our server and it would be nice if you could help my friend and me out with that:

1. As of Epoch V 1.0.2.2 there was a build limit added, a build limit of 150 buildings per player. We would like to increase that a little since some of our people already build fairly huge bases. Is there a way we can set that to say 400 buildings per player? If so please let me know.

2. Autorestock for traders: We would like to have traders who will never run out of stock, according to the wiki it can be done with one SQL statement:

UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=10 WHERE `item` LIKE '%ItemVault%' AND qty=0;

Basicly meaning if their stock hits 0 they restock after a restart right? And this sql statement... do I put it into the traders_data and thats all I need to do to have auto restock traders?

3. Building Maitenance: We are are not sure about what it does... I kinda fear that each building has a 2 week cycle where it needs to be "maintained" with materials, otherwise it gets erased... The other admins think its simply there in case some guy shoots your walls with a grenade launcher so you can repair the damaged walls...

So if I am right how do we disable that fully? We dont want that people have to worry that their bases dissappear just because they dont have enough materials to maintain it.

If its possible we would like to have a 14 days cleanup cycle on the server that erases all buildings (and locked cars) by people which are inactiv for 2 weeks. Kinda the way some other mods solved it...

Thanks in advance :)

-Merlin

5 answers to this question

1. The building limit isn't per player. Its the amount of objects in a 30m radius.

2. http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Installation_Instructions_Extended

CREATE EVENT updateStockDaily
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Updates out of stock vendors'
    DO
      UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=1000;

If you run that once a day its pretty much impossible for the traders to run out of stock ^^

1. The building limit isn't per player. Its the amount of objects in a 30m radius.

2. http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Installation_Instructions_Extended

CREATE EVENT updateStockDaily
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'Updates out of stock vendors'
    DO
      UPDATE `traders_data` SET qty=1000;

If you run that once a day its pretty much impossible for the traders to run out of stock ^^

Oh ok I understand, so basicly its there to avoid people to spam tank trap kits etc in one place.

And thanks for the little code you posted, going to integrate that tonight ^^

Thanks alot :)

To adjust the amount of buildings you can use the compiles method in the post here go down the the secound method http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1673-how-to-cpc-indestructible-bases/?hl=buildings#entry11401 and go to the player_build.sqf and go to line 11

Make it look like this if you want to increase the amount of buildings to 100 in a 30 m radius and so on 

// disallow building if too many objects are found within 30m
if((count ((position player) nearObjects ["All",100])) >= DZE_BuildingLimit) exitWith {TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["\n\nCannot build, too many objects witin 30m.", "PLAIN DOWN"];};

If you want to have an infinite amount just do this and comment it out

// disallow building if too many objects are found within 30m
// if((count ((position player) nearObjects ["All",30])) >= DZE_BuildingLimit) exitWith {TradeInprogress = false; cutText ["\n\nCannot build, too many objects witin 30m.", "PLAIN DOWN"];};