bad admins!!

DayZ Vet

No, why would I want to use someone else's bans? For all I know, they are banning players because they have the letter "q" in their name, or the player said "Good morning" and the admin didn't like that. I prefer to only use my own ban list.

That is the point. As long as we do not know, whether DayzVet was banned via the dart ban relay server, we can not know, whether those admins are able to unban him.

But i think he has changed the server already.

Hello, I am the aforementioned "booch" -->

apart from booch he was cool.

. I would just like to apologize for whatever happened though most of it is unclear to me. I wasn't on at the time of the events DayZ Vet described. I was chosen to be admin by the server owner (for a while it was only him and I) probably because of how long I've been playing there and I try to be helpful and fair to other players, even if I don't like them personally ;) I did play with DayZ Vet on many occasions and was surprised and a little sad when I heard him and his friend were banned. Now, I do know that DayZ Vet is very opinionated and didn't like some of the changes made on the server before his ban, which is fine. But the server owner does moderate his server, very heavily, even if it means reading a couple hours of logs after work on his "free time". It seemed that DayZ Vet and his friend were discussing ways of hurting the server to get back at the server owner. Unfortunately, this has happened before, and lead to innocent players' bases and vehicles being destroyed by attack helis, racial slurs being tagged all over the map, etc. The ban was meant to prevent anything else from happening. Most of the opinions I hear of our server are very positive although you can't please everyone, obviously. The server is PVE and our players are generally helpful toward each other, DayZ Vet included, often being the first to offer a dead player a heli lift back to their body. But this seemed to be a personal issue between the OP and the owner, which continued on in this thread. I don't think it was fair to include the other admins as they were quite new at the time and, in fact, I am the youngest admin at 28. I'm referring to their lack of action taken during DayZ Vet's " fight " with the other players and calling the admins "kids". Also, in my opinion, being an admin does not mean being a babysitter. We are not there to step in between unhappy players unless it affects the gameplay or rules of the server. Once again, I'm sorry DayZ Vet was banned but I cannot un-ban him either, I will not step on the toes of the server owner, who I like and respect. It's his server and it was his decision.

Sorry for my lengthy post, didn't realize I was typing so much lol.

Don't give yourself anything with admin tools. Play the game like you don't have those powers and you'll never get bored.

And yes, this... It's how I play and keep having fun. I only TP if it's for some urgent admin thing, I find all my guns and ammo, buy all my vehicles, etc. But being an admin can still suck at times, like when your friends get banned, for example. And by the way DayZ Vet, you did show me a lot of helpful stuff, like when we got Infistar which I was completely unfamiliar with. Good luck in your future DayZ ventures.

Sorry for my lengthy post, didn't realize I was typing so much lol.

And yes, this... It's how I play and keep having fun. I only TP if it's for some urgent admin thing, I find all my guns and ammo, buy all my vehicles, etc. But being an admin can still suck at times, like when your friends get banned, for example. And by the way DayZ Vet, you did show me a lot of helpful stuff, like when we got Infistar which I was completely unfamiliar with. Good luck in your future DayZ ventures.

Booch you will be more than welcome to come and work on are new server!

After playing for nearly 2 weeks at SFL id have to agree with Booch, if he was banned there was a reason. i can say iv been into it with other players, and the owner himself extinguished the situations. and ill back his desicions. this is coming from someone whos been threw tons of servers n honestly SFL admins and the overall state of the server has been great.

Me and my mate have setup are own server and is already better than most of the pve servers ive played on in over 1700hrs of gameplay, so much custom stuff, once you play it you wont accept anything less, and all thanks to a badass scripter. We owe him big time lol

welcome to the high league... where is your own client side addition? 

ohh you havent got one?

too bad :P

please.. if you just want to pose with your server, go to the advertising section

BTW if you install much sh*t, it still stay's sh*t

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am the aforementioned "booch" --> . I would just like to apologize for whatever happened though most of it is unclear to me. I wasn't on at the time of the events DayZ Vet described. I was chosen to be admin by the server owner (for a while it was only him and I) probably because of how long I've been playing there and I try to be helpful and fair to other players, even if I don't like them personally ;) I did play with DayZ Vet on many occasions and was surprised and a little sad when I heard him and his friend were banned. Now, I do know that DayZ Vet is very opinionated and didn't like some of the changes made on the server before his ban, which is fine. But the server owner does moderate his server, very heavily, even if it means reading a couple hours of logs after work on his "free time". It seemed that DayZ Vet and his friend were discussing ways of hurting the server to get back at the server owner. Unfortunately, this has happened before, and lead to innocent players' bases and vehicles being destroyed by attack helis, racial slurs being tagged all over the map, etc. The ban was meant to prevent anything else from happening. Most of the opinions I hear of our server are very positive although you can't please everyone, obviously. The server is PVE and our players are generally helpful toward each other, DayZ Vet included, often being the first to offer a dead player a heli lift back to their body. But this seemed to be a personal issue between the OP and the owner, which continued on in this thread. I don't think it was fair to include the other admins as they were quite new at the time and, in fact, I am the youngest admin at 28. I'm referring to their lack of action taken during DayZ Vet's " fight " with the other players and calling the admins "kids". Also, in my opinion, being an admin does not mean being a babysitter. We are not there to step in between unhappy players unless it affects the gameplay or rules of the server. Once again, I'm sorry DayZ Vet was banned but I cannot un-ban him either, I will not step on the toes of the server owner, who I like and respect. It's his server and it was his decision.

I just want to add to this discussion about some of what IVE seen on this server. Ive spoken with Admin about it so you can't say I havent tried. First thing is the ever present fighting over missions. Players not marking or taking over missions and expecting all the loot. It states clearly in the rules if someone dies in a mission, it is not fair game to finish it and loot it. Thats exactly what happened to me... TWICE... And by the same toolbag player. There was physical proof i was in the fight before he was and had just returned to find him looting it. And when an admin showed up the response was .... Well its already looted. Not much he could do. I told him he just patted someone on the back for lying to his face and he didnt really have a response for that. 

Base building... Last time I logged in I found someone building a base on the same hill as me. As close as the plot poles will allow. Its ruined my plans of expanding my base. Nothing, I suspect, will be done about this based on my experience on the server. I will give it a once over as soon as i see an admin. So we shall see. If its decided I can't expand then Im leaving. 

If you care to know, i'll post an update when something happens.

I just want to add to this discussion about some of what IVE seen on this server. Ive spoken with Admin about it so you can't say I havent tried. First thing is the ever present fighting over missions. Players not marking or taking over missions and expecting all the loot. It states clearly in the rules if someone dies in a mission, it is not fair game to finish it and loot it. Thats exactly what happened to me... TWICE... And by the same toolbag player. There was physical proof i was in the fight before he was and had just returned to find him looting it. And when an admin showed up the response was .... Well its already looted. Not much he could do. I told him he just patted someone on the back for lying to his face and he didnt really have a response for that. 

Base building... Last time I logged in I found someone building a base on the same hill as me. As close as the plot poles will allow. Its ruined my plans of expanding my base. Nothing, I suspect, will be done about this based on my experience on the server. I will give it a once over as soon as i see an admin. So we shall see. If its decided I can't expand then Im leaving. 

If you care to know, i'll post an update when something happens.

Poetic332, sorry to hear about that and I can say both of those things have happened to me too. I have been out of the country and away from my PC since the end of September. For now, all I can say is that player deserved a kick or temp ban. When I get back around November 6 you can contact me on the server, I'd like to know who it was.

As for the base, there is no set rule against it, only common sense, I thought that would be enough. What I have done is placed extra plot poles down around my base, hidden in trees and under tents. If the player hasn't returned in a few weeks the base can be deleted. Also, I'd like to know which admins you spoke to. Thanks.

Poetic332, as for the fighting over missions, this is a problem we are very aware of. We have added so many, at any given time there are 2-3 yellow, 2-3 red and 1-2 blue unless this has changed since I've been away. If people can't share this many missions I don't think there's anything we as admins can do, like I said we aren't babysitters. Adding any more means that, with the roaming AI, they start to cause lag.

Me and my mate have setup are own server and is already better than most of the pve servers ive played on in over 1700hrs of gameplay, so much custom stuff, once you play it you wont accept anything less, and all thanks to a badass scripter. We owe him big time lol

Is it public?

Of course you can unban someone you ban with Dart. Just edit the bans.txt on the server. Personally, I use BigBrotherBot and ban players from in-game but that's not really relevant.

Server owners pay for their servers, so they have every right to do what they want on the server when it comes to deciding who they allow to play on it. I have never understood the people that complain they were banned from a server. Obviously if they are banning you and you didn't do anything wrong it's just a bad server to be on so why even bother? Find another server. There's plenty of good ones out there.

I had to ask one of my 19 year old administrators how to unban someone with Dart.

I WILL NOT BAN, unless I witness scripting of some kind! I like to kick people, over and over, that is loads of fun to me! As a 40 year old I look at it as I am waiting to die...

Most people just want to be admins as ignorant children abusing the tools.

And sometimes you just have to settle with a slight negative side  on a admin. But we need them cus a full server doesnt administrate itself and meself have any time doing it for example.

It's hard to get decent admins, when you have a full server, it's okish, you will find 2 decent guys that would do a great job. 

BUT, admins will never play the game again. They don't have time playing the game in a decent way. It basicly sucks to be an admin. 

If you tire dof the game and you like helping people and you got nothing else to do, ya, then you are the best admin ever ^^

Zup, your right! My friend and I have this theory that it's 14 year old kids using allowance money from their parents.

I happen to have in the MOTD of my server that I don't give two shits whom plays on it "All Administrators are well over 14 years of age","No DRUNKEN ADMIN abuse!","I want to know of any said abuse","Not the drunken one, he is abusing himself!","Blow up ANYTHING!","Kill ANYTHING","Get the murdering out of your system here!"

Don't come to our server, we don't have many rules and you'll likely be abused by our player base, #noholdyhands

A3E!

I have played on MGT's server, I have never seen one assmin doing anything at all...I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!

That's what I like to see let the people play! There are good enough tools out there you don't really need to get involved.

I have played on an A3E server that I can not talk about due to a rule of "no server bashing", so I can't talk about it, but I will say I am VERY SURE IT WAS 14 year olds!

Someone bumped my bad [iDEA] post....

oops breaking the rules...

A3E!

I have played on MGT's server, I have never seen one assmin doing anything at all...I mean ANYTHING AT ALL!

That's what I like to see let the people play! There are good enough tools out there you don't really need to get involved.

We have minimal rules, we don't tend to get involved and let players sort stuff out between them, we only silently step in when needed.