[Release] Walkers Zombies / Disable running on zeds

Zupa

We did this on our server a while ago and jacked the zombie count up by about 2 and a 1/2 times the normal values to compensate.

I've been toying with the idea of making specific skinned zombies still able to run... or altering it so that if the time of day is "night", that the zeds can again run.  (make it so that daylight for some reason slows them down). 

just ideas :)

Hello 

I installed the mod and it working but i run into following issues:

it seems that something changed in zombie Aggro structure , if i stand in front of them they are attacking but if i will move they are not following me

i wonder if it is possible for them to follow me wherever i go like it is in original files

p.s.

i'm planing to increase number of zombies on the server, can anybody tell me where can i read about zombie quantity VS server bandwidth 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm this is no longer working?

I've had this working on two different occasions previously but with a fresh install of 1.5.1 on Vert Hosting, I cannot get this to work.

The path in init.sqf to compiles.sqf and the appropriate paths in compiles.sqf to the new zombie files and in the zombie files to the .fsm are correct.

I'm getting no errors or any problems, zombies spawn fine but they run, they just do not want to walk for me.

So, did something change in Epoch perhaps or am I a complete idiot???

Yeah, I am using eybaydayz walking dead modified files. I've used them previously and they worked perfectly fine. I genuinely cannot explain why they don't work anymore. Am hoping someone can clue me in on whether there is a change or another file required or what the deal is.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do i place the files? I'm confused because of the "missions pbo" I have never seen this file nor can I find it. This is the edit I made. As you can see the Dir, I am going to try placing the zups folder in the "Dayz_Epoch_11.blahblah" folder next to the custom one because that Is the only thing i can think to do atm. (I'm new to this :P)
143os5c.png

Where do i place the files? I'm confused because of the "missions pbo" I have never seen this file nor can I find it. This is the edit I made. As you can see the Dir, I am going to try placing the zups folder in the "Dayz_Epoch_11.blahblah" folder next to the custom one because that Is the only thing i can think to do atm. (I'm new to this :P)

Your host compiles the mission.pbo on it's own whenever you start the server, so you don't have to worry about that. But basically, the mission.bpo is everything inside your MP directory path DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.

What you want to do is add a new directory inside DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus or maybe use the Custom directory where your compiles.sqf is (from your screenshot).

Paste the zombie related files into this new directory. Then edit the related directory paths in your compiles.sqf.

Easy peasy.

• 4 weeks later...

Possible to make it partially?

I mean...

If ADMIN spawns zombies //or script for any AI Zombie mission - they will run normally (speed 10), but every spawned zombie will be calm (speed 2) ?

This script aims to edit the "wild_zombies.sqf" meaning it will only aply on the wildspawned ones. Take a look in your files and these files to try and force the speed on every zombie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have installed this on 3 servers and it worked. I just installed it on a taviana epoch origins and when you login the zombies walk, But as soon as you get into a vehicle the zombies are running again. Log out and back in still running. Go to a different part of the map, still running. Restart server and they are walking again, til you get into a vehicle. 

anyone seen this and know how to fix?

update:  I went in and I have noticed that some of the zombies remain walkers while others run.

I am going to reread the post in here, but if you can help I thank you in advance.

Edited by Thug

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten this to work on Vanilla DayZ 1.8.6.1 ? I have it installed but the Zombies are not responding to Players.

I'm not up to date on the newest DayZ Mod, but in the 1.8 the core code is rewritten alot. Thats also the reason why epoch did not update to newer versions because it simply was too much work to convert the code.

So i'm pretty sure this doesn't work out of the box.