sealed base looted - gpde01 server - was this you?

eknz

Hi all,

As above i play on server gpde01, after the update we set about making a base for the entire day, were very lucky with cars/trucks/hunter and helis. Lost a few to desync - helis - and built a half decent base. I closed the base off completely and had a mass of stuff in there. Jammer was placed etc.

I have a genuine question for the group - had to be a group due to amount of items we had found -

1. I presume explosives were used to enter the base, can this be confirmed?

2. Can you confirm if anything exploded inside the base when charges were used?

3. How did you get the vehicles out without explosions?

4. Just a point - damn you (congrats on base raid) but again damn you, you know how long that stuff took! Lolz

5. How did you enter our base?

My questions are simply from a base build point of view so we/i can build better in the future. This is no way intended so we can grief those who did, we raided a base for a mass of items the same day, its what the games all about.

Our base was in a particular place so would like confirmation of the location of our base (precise location to be sure of correct info) im happy to receive a private message, poss to discuss on a TS channel and maybe swap some tips (i presume you too have a base)

Again congrats for the raid, you got a shit load of loot there :)

Thanks for reading

Jammer was placed - thinking about it heli was a poss (didnt think to secure top stairs.....doh) but 2 floor tiles were removed/exploded but can get my head round how x by x (specific vehicles) were removed from a base built with foundations without exploding etc.

Again just want to know for base building purposes but thanks for the early responses :)

if u had a base at the to left of the map i seen the explosion ...i went to investigate the fire and cloud of black smoke and seen a base with heli blown up on top of it and a box truck right beside it ..If this was your base i dont know what happened as i seen it an herd it from 1.5km away on a  hill 

how do you know they were removed from the base and not blown up

Yeah thats what i think, 2 floor squares were missing from the base presume this was blown up to remove the vehicles - but unsure how without them exploding

Eknz, just contact me on Steam(same nick like here) and I will give it a try if i can move your base parts. I am  playing on the same server like you.

Best regards, CaptainYarrr

Will do pal, Im working late tonight so may get till tomorrow until I add you, i have a jammer placed so you shouldnt be able to move them, but will still be good to meet up on the server poss, there is 6 of us so will be cool to have another player for a few raids etc

wait - are there lockable doors? 

also - has the sidearm glitch been fixed?

Lockable doors - no, i placed my door off the ground (by using foundation to raise of the floor) so that other players could not enter the base

if u had a base at the to left of the map i seen the explosion ...i went to investigate the fire and cloud of black smoke and seen a base with heli blown up on top of it and a box truck right beside it ..If this was your base i dont know what happened as i seen it an herd it from 1.5km away on a  hill 

Top left was not our base sorry dude, but thanks for the heads up :P  its raiding time

Geez, I haven't found any building supplies yet. Since the server I was playing on is now gone, I'm running around in my underwear with a gun.... and you guys have a base? Dang.

with 6 of us we do quite well to find things, plus with the new loot spawn times etc were having fun.  We did do a few base raids, we found 3 helis (all now gone) so were able to scout the map quite easily

Don't feel bad, Zed.  I've played for hours and have only ever managed to stay alive for about an hour.  Haven't even been able to get a working car yet.  lol

From the update on Sunday we found 6 hatchbacks, 4 trucks, 2-3 hunters and 3 heli's, sorry to say but we may have cleared the server out of vehicles on Sunday, again due to squad numbers it makes it a lot easier to discover things with spreading out

Again thanks for the replies guys, I know i must close the top of my base off from now on, would have been a simple thing to do too but does raise the issue of the number of explosive charges that are able to be found on the map currently, I dont think that there are building walls that can take a blast charge yet......or ever will be...but this i hope will be the case - something say only a chainsaw can cut through or takes 3-4 blast charges to take down a wall.

Keep the replies coming...............I'm eagerly awaiting those who did the raid to comment :)

hmmm, thanks WAR, i do know wall bugs was in Arma 2...........nice idea to the multiple walls though.  Shame we cant make a solid wall with just wood, rather than have a straight upgrade from stud wall to metal wall with scrap metal.  Would be nice to have a log cabin somewhere lolz.

not used the cinderblocks yet, will have to try them out..........somewhere different.  I dont think there is currently a way to remove the jammer either, would be nice to be able to move this once placed.  Another idea ive had is Ive found that after building the odd time you have extra pieces just hanging around, flooring or walls (if your like us we swapped and changed our base several times before the final product) would be nice if you could destroy these in exchange for say half the materials - example - stud wall is 4 log packs, destroy wall you get 2 back or even 1.  Again would love to be able to build just a simple wood wall - stood wall to wood wall then upgrade again to metal wall.

I'm not bothered about the upgrades or how much material is used. I just hope the devs make it fair for us lone wolfs who don't have the time to join/maintain a clan. I hope clans don't have an advantage in future such as stealing every vehicle and annihilating every player with the best equipment and vehicles. It really ruins the experience for me.

It was me. i raided your base , ate all of your gorceries , and even ...... peed in the toilet with out raising the seat.    i did how ever feed the cat , and let the dog out , and even installed all those windows updates to your pc.

lolz, you didnt flush either!